PDA

View Full Version : sky digi

paulyoung666
22-06-2003, 14:09
can anyone who has sky digi try channel 454 ( kerrang ) for me and see if it is ok , mine is freezing all the time but all the other channels seem ok --- tia paul :)

poolking
22-06-2003, 14:15
Originally posted by paulyoung666
can anyone who has sky digi try channel 454 ( kerrang ) for me and see if it is ok , mine is freezing all the time but all the other channels seem ok --- tia paul :)

SKY DIGITAL!!!!! You, you, you.... only kidding ;)

Dave Stones
22-06-2003, 14:19
it works according to one of my friends

(works on 819 for me too :wavey: )

dilli-theclaw
22-06-2003, 14:29
It's locking up here - BUT..... it's also really hammering it down with rain.

So I suspect it's that :)

Dilligaf

paulyoung666
22-06-2003, 14:33
so its 50/50 so far anymore takers ?????????? :)

Morpheus
23-06-2003, 10:27
i have not got it, so i can not let you know, but if i did , i would.

imback
23-06-2003, 10:34
For all the stick NTL take for the Tv service, the TV bit of it (ie not interactive etc) is far better than the service I paid a fortune to Sky for.

If it rained the picture was bad, ifit was windy the picture was bad, the only time it was good was when it was sunny, which didn't matter because I would be outside anyway.

The_real_dj
23-06-2003, 23:15
bit late i know but its fine up here!!! looks like that dish might need realinging!! :( :(

paulyoung666
27-06-2003, 15:47
good old sky , they said my card was corrupt so they would send it a signal , did it work , no in a word , so i thought a forced update will do the trick , did it , oh yes it did , ******** to you sky i will save the phone call next time :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dieselking
28-06-2003, 00:41
On cable Kerrang is on channel 819 At last a channel which plays proper music (ROCK) 24 hrs a day!!

timewarrior2001
28-06-2003, 10:42
I would test it, but our decoder box just fooked up.
I pay £37 for all channels but the damned thing can only receive Living TV, UK GOLD and channel bloody 4!!!!!!!!!!

paulyoung666
28-06-2003, 11:22
have you tried a software update ????????? :)

Tricky
28-06-2003, 11:45
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
I would test it, but our decoder box just fooked up.
I pay £37 for all channels but the damned thing can only receive Living TV, UK GOLD and channel bloody 4!!!!!!!!!!

I had exactly the same thing with other channels not showing anything except "No signal is being received". I complained to SKY who informed me that it was my box (after doing the multiple turn off the box, check cables etc) and that because I was out of warranty they'd charge £60 for an engineer callout.

After another week or so with intermittant service I got to the same position as you with the channel you list! Called them back to cancel on the grounds that I'd get a new one in my partners name for £1 to avoid the £60 charge. Finally got through to cancellations who then said they'd do the service call for free and replace what was needed if I stay. OK

Man from SKY arrived the NEXT day! got his meter kit connected and said "Your signal is S***, whoever put this dish up wants sacking!". Up the ladder he went, realigned the dish and all was fine, he even changed the LNB for one that offered more power?? and the signal meter on my system has nearly hit the top of the scale in the test pages.

Job well done, but I had to threaten them with cancellation to get a result. Incidently, I have now cancelled due to lack of real sport on TV (Tennis pah!)

timewarrior2001
28-06-2003, 12:24
the engineer came out the other day, checke allignment of dish, checked signal strength. It was all ok, told us the box was screwed (which we already knew and had told CS) we are now awaiting a loan box, but dont know what will happen with the current box. No one has told us anything.