PDA

View Full Version : SACM's

Florence
04-11-2004, 19:26
Has NTL changed their modems I have a friend who has just joined NTL last Friday and her son was downloading something from the internet. This seemed to be going slow and the PC froze so he pulled the plug on the pc. Now the PC will work offline alright but when you try to go online the pc shuts down.

I have had her check for viruses, worms all the norm but it still does it. I have told her she will need to reinstall the USB drivers but when I tried to find out which modem she had today she said it was a blue one? :confused: Thought NTL was using the siver ones.....

ian@huth
04-11-2004, 19:32
Is this a cable connection or an offnet NTL ADSL connection?

Florence
04-11-2004, 19:47
Is this a cable connection or an offnet NTL ADSL connection?
Looks like I will have to ask her that but its like getting blood out of a stone she is what you would call a tech support nightmare. She knows no tech words and understands less about PCs...

Looks like I have to go round and sort this out for her or talk her through everything over the phone taking well over an hour. The last time I had to talk her through a reformat and was on for 2 hours... :banghead:

Marge
04-11-2004, 22:11
Kits, sounds like it could be the USB adaptor your friend is talking about not a modem

Florence
05-11-2004, 00:11
Kits, sounds like it could be the USB adaptor your friend is talking about not a modem

That wouldn't suprise me Debs if she was a blonde I could understand her never remembering anything but she had training on information and technology at school and managed to get her certificate
:confused: yet she can't do anything or explain what her problem is properly. Can't let her lose on tech support or our good ones would leave

Chris W
05-11-2004, 04:03

yup i would agree with this. One of the usb adaptors is blue. For those who have installed ethernet cabling for a set top box in a different room, what they see from the PC is the cable coming out of the "wall" (ethernet socket) and coming to a blue adaptor then into the computer.