PDA

View Full Version : Council Idiots

Escapee
03-11-2004, 22:02
I may of mentioned in a thread about trying to buy a deserted property from the council recently, there is no access to the property other than through my land, because they had to buy it when they cut the access off the other side for a nerw road. They bought it after the owner took them to the european court.

Anyway, things have changed a bit. The local council were trying to build a school here, there were a lot of protests but I didn't bother much because cynical old me said it would never happen, as it was the most stupid place they could attempt to build it. The fact that they wanted it with a couple of bridges crossing one of the fastest flowing sections of river in wales made it a no-no for kids, as well as the access being crap and the site not big enough.

The council tried their best to push it through and fortunately the welsh assembly looked at it and withdrew the funds, because they at least realised it was a stupid idea. The council leader put a letter in the paper having a go at all the people who opposed it and was basically like a kid throwing his toys out of the pram.

Now they have a new idea, I live next door to this new proposed scheme and for some reason the council decided not to inform me about it. They are now planning to put accomodation for 20 poeple between teh ages of 16 and 25 at the site, these will be people from broken families. They will not be Drug Addicts, louts, trouble makers or ****!!!!!Right :rolleyes:
I did ask the council why their family kicked them out if they are so nice, but they declined to answer that one.

Anyway, they bought an old building for a site to place the proposed school, and they are now obviously finding that jumping he gun to buy the property means thay have to do anything to get it off their hands now. The "Council" is applying to the welsh assembly for a grant on behalf of this trust to buy the properties from the "Council" for about 3.5 times the price the council paid for them. now thats a nice little profit, especially when you consider they were bought originally from a grant for education!

I phoned up today and spoke to the Housing development manager and created hell about not being informed, I said 20 units will not fit on th plot. She said we have just agreed to purchase the property (its for sale) between the old building and the cottage (one I have been trying to buy) that means we now have a site big enough for 20 units.

I said "Do you realise you don't own the land between the cottage and the road" :D

There was a deadly silence and she said "Oh I didn't realise that" the idiots have only gone and included my bit of land in the development thinking they own it :dunce:

"Do you have deeds" yes thanks I said...."When can I mee with you" she said..... "Are you willing to sell" she said.
honestly, the amount of trouble I have had with the council over this piece of land is amazing. I have even pt notices on there and sent copies of the deeds clearly marked to planning and asset management, and they still cant get their act together.

I think I have certainly put a spoke in the works, as they have already said they can not carry out compulsory purchase because it doesn't meet the required criteria. How much do you reckon my land is worth to let them build some houses for those sort of poeple!

The 60K they are spending on the empty cottage is now a waste of money, it will cost them another 20K to demolish and clear. Without my piece of land its more wasted money. The council here have been buying up property left right and centre, at the same time the schools and leisure centre etc are falling apart. They are saying some schools will have to be demolished because they haven't maintained them, they are now trying desperately to offload all their surplus buildings to property developers so they can keep their heads above water! :dunce:

Ramrod
03-11-2004, 22:08
Sounds about right for a council...........bunch of t*ssers :rolleyes:

Graham M
03-11-2004, 22:13
I just read that and my mouth gradually opened further, what a bunch of Toss Pots! :D

homealone
03-11-2004, 22:23
its ok - these little flying robots crash-land in a spaceship & save the day :D

aliferste
03-11-2004, 22:28
They are now planning to put accomodation for 20 poeple between teh ages of 16 and 25 at the site, these will be people from broken families. They will not be Drug Addicts, louts, trouble makers or ****!!!!!Right :rolleyes:
I did ask the council why their family kicked them out if they are so nice, but they declined to answer that one.

Generally people have not been taken into care because they have done something wrong. They are taken into care because something bad is being done TO them.
Their families have not kicked them out they had been taken out their homes to protect them. Everyone in my view owes these kids something .

They are hardly going to tell you why the kids are not with their families.......how would you like your neighbour knowing you were sexually abused as a kid...or something similar!

That aside......yup sounds like the council are proper idiots :)

Richard M
03-11-2004, 22:28
Sounds about right for a council...........bunch of t*ssers :rolleyes:

What he said ^ - I'm paying nearly £800 a year for bloody council tax! :upyours:

paulyoung666
03-11-2004, 22:34
how much would they pay you for the land ??? , it might be a nice retirement fund :tu:

Escapee
03-11-2004, 22:52
Generally people have not been taken into care because they have done something wrong. They are taken into care because something bad is being done TO them.
Their families have not kicked them out they had been taken out their homes to protect them. Everyone in my view owes these kids something .

They are hardly going to tell you why the kids are not with their families.......how would you like your neighbour knowing you were sexually abused as a kid...or something similar!

That aside......yup sounds like the council are proper idiots :)

I know what your saying, the council keep refering to the same trust running a similar place in Newport. This one is located right on the doorstep of the police station, so they have to behave, apparently there is another in Cardiff that has given the residents lots of problems. I think the council is trying to dump one here because the residents defeated them over the school plan.

They are specifically saying these people are not removed from thier home because of abuse, they have been turfed out due to differences with their parents. That is something they are being very specific about!

The interesting point about the school was no-one objected to having a new school, just the stupid location. There were people from the education authority all for the school, when they actually told the truth after it failed they said "We had to be all for it, as it was the only location offered" they knew it was a bad idea but it was their only hope.

Paul666 they are paying 60K for a smaller bit of land and have the cost of demolishing the empty property, I now have the prime piece of the jigsaw and all through their incompetence! :D

I just wonder if teh welsh assembly is aware of their underhanded tricks with the grant applications, and how they are having an infalted grant to buy two properties that they bought with grants about 7 years ago.

Halcyon
03-11-2004, 22:58
Theres a house down my road that is too old to put back in good condition and the buyer has decided he wants to knock it down.
He had the cheek to knock on my neighbours house and ask if he would sell his house and garden so that could also be knocked down for his little mini estate he wished to build.
The thing is, he offered him nearly double the price his house would normally sell for so if they are going to pay you for your house, Dont make it easy for them and accept any odd amount; make sure you really ask for some real money.
Lcukily my neighbour declined as it would have looked awful and he is in no mood to move house.
Also if youi send any information to places, make sure you keep the original paper work and send photocopies.
Dont let yourself be given a small pay check, insist on atleast double.

MetaWraith
03-11-2004, 23:31
start thinking of some interesting caveats you could include, should you decide to sell the land * evil cackle *

SMHarman
03-11-2004, 23:45
There is an empty awkward plot next to my house, my neighbour to the rear has sold most his garden to the owner of this plot and the council has just granted permission for three townhouses to be crammed on this site. It will mean the plot from the main road to my back garden turns into road / parking, the houses will be built half way up my back garden and being townhouses will overlook my garden and all the back windows of my house :mad:.
My only route of appeal is to the High Court. Like I can afford that. Some fair and equitable planning process that is.

Maggy
04-11-2004, 00:32
Well the house that has been inserted in the space next to my house is way too close to the house on the other side.There is about 2 feet of space between the two houses.Also the main door of the original neighbouring house opens into this 2 foot gap.I'm just waiting to see the clowns who buy it try to get their furniture in the older house. :D

IF they can fit it between the two houses they will have to push it through to the back garden and try and fit it through the back door into the kitchen.I hope I'm home to watch the fun. :D

The planning officer who did the inspection was an idiot. :rolleyes: I've got all my light blocked so I have to have my kitchen light on ALL day when I'm at home during the day. :rolleyes:

The only consolation is that I SHOULD get a new fence out of it.However I'd rather have a better view than a brick wall. :mad:

BBKing
04-11-2004, 02:53
they had to buy it when they cut the access off the other side for a nerw road. They bought it after the owner took them to the european court.

Known as a 'helipad' in the legal jargon, according to my old man. I'll point him in the direction of this thread, as he could use a laugh at the moment.

What he said ^ - I'm paying nearly £800 a year for bloody council tax!

Is that all? I'd love to pay so little, and I have a Tory council (and the London Assembly, which costs a packet). £1200 on a small band C terraced house.

Paul K
04-11-2004, 06:50
To be honest I would offer them a deal on the land, buy the land to access their site and your house for at least double the market value, should be enough to move to a nice quiet area ;) If you don't want to move then I'd tell them to whistle for it, they can't even touvh that land if they can't get to it, could always set up a toll booth :rofl:

Escapee
04-11-2004, 08:14
To be honest I would offer them a deal on the land, buy the land to access their site and your house for at least double the market value, should be enough to move to a nice quiet area ;) If you don't want to move then I'd tell them to whistle for it, they can't even touvh that land if they can't get to it, could always set up a toll booth :rofl:

The funniest part, is when they took away the access from next door they could of taken my bit of land as compulsory purchase, my grandfather owned it then and the compulsory purchase value was only £6K, but the council. My grandfather would of been happy with the £6K because the land is not being used, but they didnt want it and paid the guy £45K for the property instead of spending the £6K plus some civils work to provide access.

I bet they are kicking themselves now, they can't get it under compulsory purchase and the price has gone up from £6k to £100K minimum now I own it.
And to make things easier I have already had the pice of land seperated before the mortgage application, just in case I was able to buy next door.

It will be an easy transaction, £120K and they can have my bit of land! :D

ntluser
04-11-2004, 21:08
The funniest part, is when they took away the access from next door they could of taken my bit of land as compulsory purchase, my grandfather owned it then and the compulsory purchase value was only £6K, but the council. My grandfather would of been happy with the £6K because the land is not being used, but they didnt want it and paid the guy £45K for the property instead of spending the £6K plus some civils work to provide access.

I bet they are kicking themselves now, they can't get it under compulsory purchase and the price has gone up from £6k to £100K minimum now I own it.
And to make things easier I have already had the pice of land seperated before the mortgage application, just in case I was able to buy next door.

It will be an easy transaction, £120K and they can have my bit of land! :D

Might be a good idea to make a deal to sell your house as well and use the joint funds from the house and land sales to buy yourself a mansion where you want to live that doesn't have a residential care home next door. :)

Escapee
06-11-2004, 13:18
Might be a good idea to make a deal to sell your house as well and use the joint funds from the house and land sales to buy yourself a mansion where you want to live that doesn't have a residential care home next door. :)

It looks like they might want to expand after my chat with them yesterday, I have certainly made things difficult after informing them they dont own the piece of land they assumed they did.

My entire plot is four times the size of the land they have just bought for 135k (Paced it all out this morning) so it's 135x4= 540K

Take it or leave it. :D

At the latest meeting the residents pointed out that there would be no objections if they wanted to use the land to build sheltered accomodation for old/infirm people. Apparently though there are no grants available for those sort of people, only Alcoholics, Druggies, recently released from prison, Single mums, those kicked out of their family home, and the downright lazy people who will not work qualify as a criteria for grants to build accomodation these days. :rolleyes:

PS: The residents of two of the houses in the street are involved with voluntary work for these sort of people, there is a rumour that the one family is selling up. It's only a rumour at the moment, but the estate agents have been yesterday to take photographs so it's obviously a case of being happy helping these people out, but having them on their own doorstep is another issue entirely.

These are surely the people who will have experience of what to expect!

paulyoung666
06-11-2004, 13:23
It looks like they might want to expand after my chat with them yesterday, I have certainly made things difficult after informing them they dont own the piece of land they assumed they did.

My entire plot is four times the size of the land they have just bought for 135k (Paced it all out this morning) so it's 135x4= 540K

At the latest meeting the residents pointed out that there would be no objections if they wanted to use the land to build sheltered accomodation for old/infirm people. Apparently though there are no grants available for those sort of people, only Alcoholics, Druggies, recently released from prison, Single mums, those kicked out of their family home, and the downright lazy people who will not work qualify as a criteria for grants to build accomodation these days. :rolleyes:

nice retirement nest egg :tu: :D :D

Escapee
06-11-2004, 13:26
nice retirement nest egg :tu: :D :D

yes, I can just imagine my thread thanking all you tax payers and the idiots at the council for the money you have contributed to my retirement fund. :D

Shaun
06-11-2004, 13:43
how much would they pay you for the land ??? , it might be a nice retirement fund :tu:

Don't forget to take into consideration the amount that your house will devalue after the new place is built! :erm:

Escapee
06-11-2004, 14:18
Don't forget to take into consideration the amount that your house will devalue after the new place is built! :erm:

Well, it would normally be an issue but I am in very fortunate circumstances.
(For a change)

The mortgage application for the property I am currently living in, is being processed at the moment. The property needs some work done, but I am paying about a quarter of it's current market value as it stands.

So on that score they would have to devalue a long way for me to loose any money, the other good factor is that the property is detatched with a good distance to the boundry all around.

The mortgage application has been dragging on because I saw an opportunity to buy the next door property from the council very cheaply and then refurbish and rent out. This was looking very favourable, as I would own the land between the property and the road. The council couldn't even knock the place down and the asset disposal manager within the last month told me he was desperate to offload the problem asap.
For this reason I have obtained the extra piece of land seperatly because I didn't want it to be any part of the mortgage, things have dragged on because the deeds are being altered and land registry etc.

So selling the piece of land now would technically have nothing to do with the mortgage people, the council have to spend like mad with their grant money before March anyway, so if I was able to time a deal correctly I could cancel the mortgage application and buy my current dwelling with the proceeds from the bit of land I own seperately.

I know it's a bit complicated, but I'm after something for nothing just like everyone else. Now it looks like I cant buy the next door property I would either like to sell them the bit of land for 100K plus and have no mortgage new car and a bit in the bank, or I would like to sell the whole package to them and end up with a shed load of money to buy soomewhere else.
I have just been talking to the neighbours who now reckon they heard about a second pahse to the scheme, and that would tie up with what the Housing Strategy manager said to me and wants to meet about next week.

Just give me the money ;)

PS: One neighbour hasn't even spoke to me for about 15 years, and all of a sudden I'm their best friend. I think there's nothing like a crisis to bring people together.
In the pub last night another neighbour who we had a dispute with was very chatty and wanted to stick together and fight the council.

We fell out with theese neighbours over a planning application many years ago, it was just jealousy on their part as they were objecting to something that didn't affect them in the slightest. I am not the type who comes home drunk, rowdy etc. I just find if I dont talk to them, I cant argue with them!

Shaun
06-11-2004, 15:26
I'm after something for nothing just like everyone else.

Good for you mate, and I hope it all comes off for you, it makes a change for the little guy to make a quick buck :)

SMHarman
06-11-2004, 21:42

<snip>
Where's your premium for giving them access to the land they own? Surely nearer 700k?

Escapee
07-11-2004, 14:58
Where's your premium for giving them access to the land they own? Surely nearer 700k?

They will unfortunately have access to it from the property they have bought the other side, the silly thing is though the housing strategy manager claimed there was no plan to build on the bit of land they now have access to and my bit. If there is no plan to build, why are the council applying for a 60K grant on behalf of this housing trust to purchase it.

The answer is simple, the council through all their own mistakes are using this housing scheme as an excuse to make some money and knock down the unusable property they have purchased through their own incompetence.
Dont worry about it though, it's only another load of taxpayers money being wasted.

I made a point of going to pub where one of my council contacts drinks last night, he is going to photocopy the minutes of the meetings about the scheme, including the minutes from the non-public meetings held behind closed doors, he is soon finishing with the council as he has had just about as much as he can take of them.

he also told me that the local "Do-Gooder" councilor (One with a drug addict for a daughter) was swearing and shouting in a behind closed door meeting last week, because it has come to light that he is behind secret discussions with another trust to locate a hostel for drug users on the same site next door to me!

He told me that the council looked at 21 sites, and there are problems at many of them because the council can't sell the land to any trusts because they dont have any deeds or title to the land in many cases. They have either been lost, never existed or the council only think they own the land!

Perhaps this is the reason the council assumed they owned my bit of land, and thats why they asked if I had deeds. :shocked:

My 84 year old grandfathers outburst and abuse last week to the mayor is widely known amongst the councillors and causing much amusement, my council contact was having a damn good laugh about it with me last night.

Escapee
10-11-2004, 21:43
I now have the residents around here furiously jumping up and down :mad:

I have obtained from one of my coucillor friends (he fortunately owed me a big favour) A presentation and meeting held behind closed doors about the scheme they are planning to build.

The proposals are to include tennants aged between 16-25 who have just been released from prison :mad: This is exactly what the bas****s told the residents would not be happening. I have also angered them by passing on information about a "Day Centre" used by pensioners located about 500yds from my home. The council is apparently discussing the possibility of transporting these pensioners by bus to another Day centre 5 miles away, so they can release this day centre for use by these **** they are planning to locate in the area.

I have also been leaked further council information regarding another property (an old clinic) located about 800 yds in the other direction, that the council are planning to use as a drug rehabilitation centre. I have info in black and white about this and it has really put the cat amongst the pidgeons because they cant turn around and say it's just a rumour.
The council are really pushing these schemes, and the two main councillors backing them do not live in this area/ward.

The latest on my bit of land is the council has been around here mon and tues this week, and the housing strategy manager asked "ME" about their strip of land belonging to their property next door. I was very cagey, because it looks like they dont have the deeds for the property they own next door. She told me they may not demolish the cottage but it's no good for the council to use!

I think they have certainly screwed up, they were probably going to come through my land to demolish it, thinking they actually owned the land.
I have stirred up a bit of trouble with my contact in the Welsh Assembly about the grants, so that could be the reason they are not selling the property to the developers, as the council were going to apply for a grant on behalf of the developers to buy the property that the council already owned, and was paid for by a previous grant. It was all a fiddle to pocket the grant money and get the place knocked down out of the development grant money. Then the awkward piece of land would be unusable by them without my piece anyway.

She still wants to arrange a meeting, but for some reason is holding off. She had the stupidity to mention to me that another seperate group of residents located not very far away have already got together to protest about similar projects in empty buildings near to them. How silly to tip me off !!!!!!

It seems like the council has decided these grants available for housing ****, criminals, layabouts and druggies are the answer to their prayers, it get's shot of the empty properties they have, paid for by the taxpayer with a nice big profit and they don't have to pay to knock them down! :rolleyes:

Seti
12-11-2004, 03:18
I am, I suppose, what you would term a layabout. But I wouldn't live there either. I am on benefits after having my own VERY succesful business becasue I am ill. Please don't put everyone in the same boat. There again I don't suppose people want wheelchair users cluttering up the place either as evident by any councils total inability to stick to the disability discrimination act.:mad:

AS for ex offenders being rehabilitated in a home at a young age. My sister works for the prison service, she sees some very sad cases. For example a girl of 17 arrested for shoplifting food because her wonderful parents, who probably also think all criminals are ****, threw her onto the streets because she reported sexual abuse from her FATHER. Not all young offenders are yobs. She does find youngsters who have committed the most heinous crimes but aren't yobs either.

I can understand your concern about living next door to burgalars, anti social youngsters and so on. But, how are they supposed to learn if we dont' encourage them to join decent communities ?

I live on a council run estate. There's plenty of yobo's here who have integrated succesfully within the community. My council are useless too. They gave an adapted home to a young man with no disabilities. I am having to struggle to find funding for a DFG and living in a house with no adaptations to it. For this i pay council tax. I don't get a care allowance either and recently have been requested to pay £2000 for care that isn't up to scratch. Carers don't hoover stairs anymore, or clean windows or cook you breakfast. Councils are renowned for discrimination against "****"

I too have little sympathy for drug users. But once they become addicted I understand its hard to stay clean. We have a drug rehab place here which is run with absolutely NO problems even though residents complained about its use. WE dont' find so many needles in the streets, or on the beach now so I guess it must be working in its way.

I too live in South Wales with all its endemic problems. Please don't tar all of us with the same brush, I was termed middle-class untill I got ill. Having said all that I hope that you win against the council and stick to your guns regarding purchase of your land. I hope they either pay you all hundreds of thousands or maybe give the problem to another community, normally a council or housiung assocation estate where the people dont' have rights to moan.

SeTi^

Escapee
12-11-2004, 08:12
I am, I suppose, what you would term a layabout. But I wouldn't live there either. I am on benefits after having my own VERY succesful business becasue I am ill. Please don't put everyone in the same boat. There again I don't suppose people want wheelchair users cluttering up the place either as evident by any councils total inability to stick to the disability discrimination act.:mad:

AS for ex offenders being rehabilitated in a home at a young age. My sister works for the prison service, she sees some very sad cases. For example a girl of 17 arrested for shoplifting food because her wonderful parents, who probably also think all criminals are ****, threw her onto the streets because she reported sexual abuse from her FATHER. Not all young offenders are yobs. She does find youngsters who have committed the most heinous crimes but aren't yobs either.

I can understand your concern about living next door to burgalars, anti social youngsters and so on. But, how are they supposed to learn if we dont' encourage them to join decent communities ?

I live on a council run estate. There's plenty of yobo's here who have integrated succesfully within the community. My council are useless too. They gave an adapted home to a young man with no disabilities. I am having to struggle to find funding for a DFG and living in a house with no adaptations to it. For this i pay council tax. I don't get a care allowance either and recently have been requested to pay £2000 for care that isn't up to scratch. Carers don't hoover stairs anymore, or clean windows or cook you breakfast. Councils are renowned for discrimination against "****"

I too have little sympathy for drug users. But once they become addicted I understand its hard to stay clean. We have a drug rehab place here which is run with absolutely NO problems even though residents complained about its use. WE dont' find so many needles in the streets, or on the beach now so I guess it must be working in its way.

I too live in South Wales with all its endemic problems. Please don't tar all of us with the same brush, I was termed middle-class untill I got ill. Having said all that I hope that you win against the council and stick to your guns regarding purchase of your land. I hope they either pay you all hundreds of thousands or maybe give the problem to another community, normally a council or housiung assocation estate where the people dont' have rights to moan.

SeTi^

I haven't tarred you with the same brush, if they wanted to put a centre for wheelchair users or disabled of any descripion none of the residents would have any objections.

The council has told residents there will be no criminals, drug users etc, but minutes I have obtained from their behind closed door meetings says exactly the opposite. :mad:

I think you must appreciate that even a small percentage of bad residents in this facility will cause problems. These youngsters will be in the facility for an average 30 days (43 Maximum) with 20 young offenders multiplied by 12 months we will have a throughput of 240 offenders in our street per year.
The council is planning to put CCTV cameras inside the grounds of the development and in the street. This is surely a sign that they expect trouble.

This whole scheme is all about the council offloading their unusable properties/land to an organisation who can get grants from the taxpayer. Wheelchair users, pensioners, and other good causes are not a criteria for these grants. this whole scenario is all about the council getting their own back for the rejection of plans to build a school on an unsuitable site. (Welsh Assembly withdrew the grant) After residents made teh education authority aware how unsuitable it was.

I dont think there will be any way to stop this development, it has been handled in a very underhanded way. I will however be fitting higher fences and barbed wire around my property, and I dont have to spell out what will happen "When" I catch an intruder on my presmises.

aliferste
12-11-2004, 08:40
Quite frankly Im appalled at your attitude Escapee.
Any sympathy I had for you has blown out the window. They dont send kids 16-21 to prison so I dont have a clue where you are getting that from. To me it sounds like a throughcare centre.....which is where kids go to learn a bit about "life" after being messed up by childrens homes.

"only Alcoholics, Druggies, recently released from prison, Single mums, those kicked out of their family home, and the downright lazy people who will not work qualify"

Dont band young people with those others!!

I used to be part of a team that would set up houses for people with Learning difficulties in the community. We would have to deal with numptys sending around petitions about the "mentally disturbed" or "MAD" people moving in that would "bring down our property prices"
Never happened, all they were was another house with people living in it.
The only reason they are building this place new is because new units have to abide by lots of regulations about fire doors and number of rooms etc.

By all means fight for your cash...but dont take it out on the young people if you lose!

Seti
14-11-2004, 03:44
Um actually they do send young kids from 16-21 to prison !! My sister works in an establishement where they look after juveniles 14-17 and young offenders 17-20. Having said that I think your right afterlifeste, they would not purposely build an institution on that site. You are likely to be right in saying its a throughcare centre. However, they will house shoplifters as well as people leaving care. This is because it has been deemed unfit to jail youngsters under 17 years of age unless they have committed heinous crimes such as murder, rape or Harm against another person. Read Hansons for April of this year :) Oh and remember Thompson and Venerables were housed in secure care from the ages of 10 till release for killing James Bulger.

Further, it seems unlikely, knowing the problems that offenders can cause, that they will house them in a residential area!

SeTi^

aliferste
14-11-2004, 10:17
Um actually they do send young kids from 16-21 to prison !! My sister works in an establishement where they look after juveniles 14-17 and young offenders 17-20.

SeTi^

Its not Prison ......as in big place with bars on the window. A youth detention centre is something else entirely.

etccarmageddon
14-11-2004, 11:38
I said "Do you realise you don't own the land between the cottage and the road" :D

There was a deadly silence and she said "Oh I didn't realise that" the idiots have only gone and included my bit of land in the development thinking they own it :dunce:

"Do you have deeds" yes thanks I said

if you ever lose the deeds as proof of ownership - you are registered on the land registry and your solicitor can get new needs via the registry.

I suggest you dont offer a price on the land - wait for them to and then up it.

Escapee
14-11-2004, 13:54
if you ever lose the deeds as proof of ownership - you are registered on the land registry and your solicitor can get new needs via the registry.

I dont think they will make me an offer, reading between the lines of what they have now said in my phone conversation on friday and what my council contact has said, it appears like they are going to try and go in the other direstion with the development.

He understands that the deal may be off for this trust to buy the cottage next door, as it's now not a usable piece of land without the bit going all the way to the road.

PS: last night I was almost ravaged by another neighbour in the pub who thought I had sold the entire land and property to the council. I even have neighbours now who want me to purchase the dereict cottage next door to stop them coming any further our way!

how strange, I bet they would of been jealous about me making a few quid before this lot kicked off, they would of probably got a petition to stop me! :D

Seti
16-11-2004, 02:08
Its not Prison ......as in big place with bars on the window. A youth detention centre is something else entirely.
Um yeah its prison, its only recently that the BOV and other causes have decided to move the YO's out !! Youth detention centres, as far as I can remember also have compounds and bars on the windows ! Throughcare centres are entirely different aren't they ? I mean aren't they suposed to give the detainee a chance at some sort of home life ? they don't get that in correctional facilities.

SeTi^

Escapee
19-11-2004, 17:44
Well the latest is a letter received today inviting all residents along to a meeting to discuss the finer points of the development.

Only one problem.....The official council letter has the time of the meeting but not the date!!!!

Don't you just love these money wasting ar***oles at the council :dunce:

Residents at the last meeting commented how the local Mayor welcomed the development to her ward, the silly old biddy was asked after the meeting if she would like it near her and she said "Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great idea but not on my doorstep"

PS: It looks almost a certainty that the disabled, pensioners and mentally handicapped who currently use the day centre across the road from me will be kicked out to make the place available for these ex-prisoners, discharged ex-services and general layabout ****! :mad:

The current users of the facility will have to go to an alternative centre five miles away!

daxx
19-11-2004, 17:57
<snip>
PS: It looks almost a certainty that the disabled, pensioners and mentally handicapped who currently use the day centre across the road from me will be kicked out to make the place available for these ex-prisoners, discharged ex-services and general layabout ****! :mad:

The current users of the facility will have to go to an alternative centre five miles away!

Please remember that all service personnel are at some point 'discharged' from the services, either due to 'time served' or maybe medical reasons not all are dishonourably discharged.

As ex-forces I take offence to being grouped in your mind along with
"ex-prisoners and general layabout ****!" :mad:

Escapee
19-11-2004, 18:11
Please remember that all service personnel are at some point 'discharged' from the services, either due to 'time served' or maybe medical reasons not all are dishonourably discharged.

As ex-forces I take offence to being grouped in your mind along with
"ex-prisoners and general layabout ****!" :mad:

I take your point but remember the age group we are talking about here, this is young people 16 to 25 and not "Time served" (why would I have a problem with these) None of these residents are being housed because of medical conditions, either physical or mental.

With all those areas not included surely dishonourable discharge is the only thing left.

Am I being unreasonable to come to that conclusion, Perhaps you can PM me if you would prefer.

Edit: I obtained full minutes of a meeting held behind closed doors, and it has listed all the types of people specifically included in the scheme. Many of the categories come into ones that the council have denied in a public meeting!

Escapee
21-11-2004, 13:18
I seem to of upset one or two with the word "****" Got my first negative Rep point for it!

Perhaps I should change it to "potential" ****, I can change this when the facility opens and trouble starts.

I have had a quiet word with one family opposite who are getting a lot of flak from the neighbours because they have not joined the residents to fight against the development. They feel very awkward because they are involved in helping under privelidged people, such as homeless, drug users and alcoholics.
They feel it would be hypocrytical to join the other residents when they back schemes in other areas, they are however quietly opposed to the development having first hand knowledge themselves of a similar scheme in another area. Due to business commitments they were hoping to sell their house within the next 12 months and now feel worried because potential buyers will without doubt be put off. (2 houses gone up for sale because of this development already)

The other family in the street who are involved in similar schemes for alcoholics, drug users and homeless are happy about the facility!

I will make one statement here as I have said to the other residents.

" This family will financially benefit from the development, they will be employed in some capacity and will possibly get one of the caretakers jobs"

I fully expect to be proved right on that statement, they are in it for the money just like the council are. :mad:

Escapee
30-11-2004, 19:45

I was wondering if the council could obtain a copy of my deeds from land registry?

The latest news from my friendly councillor is they said at a "Behind closed doors" council meeting yesterday the ownership of the land is in dispute! They said that someone has claimed ownership but this has to be confirmed.

Now, I have a copy of most of the deeds going back to 1835 and all the original plans how it as part of my property. The council has now come up with some newly modified old plans that show it as being part of the property they own.

I remember when I was knee high to a grasshopper the old guy who lived in the cottage next door. My grandfather bought the land to build the bungalow in 1965 and the old guy next door was using the "disputed" bit as an allotment. he had an agreement with the person who my grandfather bought the land off, and it was fenced off seperately to his garden.
When the previous owner sold the land to my grandfather the solicitor wrote to the old guy (1965) to instruct him to vacate the land, he asked for 6 months to reap the crops from the allotment. (No argument etc and my grandfather allowed him to stay on the land for another couple of years under the understanding that he would have to leave if and when it was required)

There has been four owners of the property since the old guy died the early 70's and not one of them ever tried to claim the land as theirs.

I have copies of the deeds and the solicitor will have copies of the original letter to the old guy asking him to vacate the land, what's up with the council! Are they just trying it on or have they also lost the deeds to the property next door, like they have with a lot of other deeds.

I think they are trying to pull a fast one because thy cant afford any holdups as it all has to be signed and sealed to get the money spent/allocated before the end of March. I sent a letter to the head of the councils asset management department about 3 months ago with a plan of my land and a plan of theirs, he had all the files on the property and didn't argue about it. I wonder if they will try to bluff and start work with the JCB's, that could be very interesting as they cant complete a compulsory purchase and I would use force to stop them entering my land. ;)

Neighbours are on standby with my mobile and works phone number in case they try anything, it will be difficult as my Gas supply runs through the land.

paulyoung666
30-11-2004, 19:57
stand your ground my mate :tu: ;)

Escapee
30-11-2004, 21:10
stand your ground my mate :tu: ;)

Just got off the phone from a very long call, apparently the original criteria for the Welsh Assembly development grant was half an acre of land owned by the council or easily purchasable land.

Because I am causing them problems, they don't have the half an acre that they thought they had to build the development. The latest news is they are going to bend the rules and make the blocks 3 storey instead of 2!

feedback from their meeting is that they are apparently hoping to sweet talk the residents because they cant afford to have any delays to the planning application. The plans have not even been finalised yet and have to be passed before mid March, apparently the plans will take upto 3 months to pass if there are no objections received.

I will be leaving my objection until a couple of days before the close, and will send them by recorded delivery and possibly hand deliver a copy and get them signed!

Council Idiots, don't you love them :D

MetaWraith
30-11-2004, 21:33
Probably not all the councillors are idiots, more likely that one of them will be hoping to make money from the development, eg via building contracts etc, or maybe they even have a grudge against you for some reason. Time to do some digging for info on a smear campaign maybe.

Escapee
30-11-2004, 22:08
Probably not all the councillors are idiots, more likely that one of them will be hoping to make money from the development, eg via building contracts etc, or maybe they even have a grudge against you for some reason. Time to do some digging for info on a smear campaign maybe.

They do have a grudge against the residents who kicked up a fuss and stopped the school being built in the street. The leader of the council wrote a letter in the local paper that was just like a little kid kicking his toys out of his pram, all because the welsh assembly came to look at the site after being tipped off, and removed the grant because the site was unsuitable.

I think the council would be happy to put the dregs of society here now, just to get the residents back for interfering and landing them with some unusable property that they jumped the gun to buy for the school.

I guess battle will commence in the new year. :D

Escapee
12-12-2004, 17:33
The council arranged a meeting last week for the residents to visit a scheme run in Newport by the same trust, who is going to build this development in our street.

This existing development is ion a neighbouring local authority area, apparently there were some red faces from the representatives of out local authority, as there was a lot of broken beer bottles inside the compound and the halls and the bedroom they were taken in to see smelled very badly of urine.

There is a "Rumour" that many of the residents were away on a trip organised for that afternoon/evening. It has had a positive affect on my next door neighbour who is a very passive sort of person, after visiting with an open mind both he and his wife were appalled at the place.

They are now very worried after seeing for themselves what we can look forward to. :mad:

MetaWraith
12-12-2004, 18:06
When are the councillors up for re-election ?

How about organising a campaign against those that are pushing this scheme, and putting up your own candidate.

Goto every meeting you can and speak about the issue, preferably with a friend from the local rag. Think PUBLICITY !!!!

Escapee
16-01-2005, 16:00
The latest news from the council idiots.....

They have back tracked after I informed them that I owned a piece of land that they had plans to build on, unfortunately because they made a verbal offer to buy a private house between their planned development and my piece of land, they feel duty bound to proceed with the purchase.

So the bottom line is, the local council that are heavily in the red are buying a property for "One Hundred and Thirty Five Thousand Pounds" that they dont need for the development because they have c**ked-up again.
Although buying that property will possibly enable them to demolish the empty cottage next door fot a further 35K !!!!!!!!!

Incredible, thats where the tax payers money goes to pay for council c**k-ups. :rolleyes:

There has fortunately been a large increase in interest from the residents about this development, 6 houses in the street are now for sale. 2 of these have fallen through allready when the prospective buyers found out that they were building a development for 16-25 year old homeless.
There was a meeting yesterday for people to see the plans that were unable to get to see them at the planning office, and apparently they have already back-tracked on the verbal promise to offer CCTV that they made such a big issue over as a selling point for the scheme!

They told us how much safer it would be to live in the street because the new development would also have CCTV cameras in the street. They have done exactly as I said in my objection letter to the planning department, and the local mayor was quoted last week in the newspaper that reaction from residents to the scheme was very positive :erm: When I visited the planning department over a week ago, I was told quite a few objections had already been received. I wonder if she was just quoting the family who are in favour of the scheme for their own financial reasons (selling their house) and the other family who work for the scheme developers and are obviously hoping to gain employment on their doorstep!

The mayor was certainly not quoting reaction from residents in the other 23 houses in the street. :mad:

Chimaera
16-01-2005, 16:17
Is there a nice local paper you could go to with your story? Or at least send a letter to? Our local paper absolutely detests the council I work for, and is continually putting stories about their wrong-doings all over the front page. It's worth a try!

Escapee
21-01-2005, 17:50
I got woken up at around 12.15 this morning, and it sounded like someone trying to break into my garage. I got quickly dressed and was outside with my trusty cricket bat within 2 minutes. (spare trainers under the bed)

I couldn't find anyone around my property, but the empty cottage owned by the council next door had one of the plywood boards taken off the porch window. They had chosen the only boarded porch window that had glass, they had broken the glass entered and kicked the front door in.

I waited outside until the police arrived, I was feeling like a fool wondering if the wind had blown it off or something. The police thought the same but then found a fair amount of blood on the porch windowsill that was still fresh, I remarked to one of the coppers that I wish there had been more due to a main artery being severed, but no such luck. I think they had broken in and legged it quickly, leaving the place open so they can go back to do some more drugs in there again.

One copper said "Lots of houses for sale in this street" I then told him about the plan for 16-25 year old sheltered accommodation, it went down with a lead balloon and he said "As if we haven't enough trouble without that"
I also asked why it seems to be on a Thursday night that anything like this happens, (I know it's always a Thursday because it's a night I usually go to a quiz) He said it would be better if they didn't pay these peoples benefits all on the same day, because at least it would spread problems out a bit more. He said they were having another busy Thursday night, and to be fair I was suprised when 2 cars and 4 officers turned up within 5 minutes of me calling.

Oh well, more of it to look forward to if they get their way to build a shelter for these people. (I'm not allowed to call them ****)

The local Mayor has backtracked on her press release saying local residents were positive, and now admitted on the BBC website that residents were not happy and very concerned. I honestly think (and hope) with all the c**k-ups by the council and the way that they treat council tax payers, many of the currect ones will not get in next term.

The big problem though, is councillors who get in a position of authority like the one from a ward a few miles away, is trying to put the s**t on our doorstep but obviously not doing the same to the voters in his area! :mad: