PDA

View Full Version : Installation Hell - Nottingham

stu673
03-11-2004, 13:24
Hello, my name is Stuart and I have issues.

On 20th September I phoned my local NTL sales rep who came round that very afternoon to sign me up for a nice cheap(I'm a student...) broadband & phone package.

We got a letter through the post confirming our install date for broadband on 07/10/04 AM. On the aforementioned day I got a phone call at 12:30PM to tell me that the engineer couldn't make it. The install was re-arranged for 11/10/04.

On the 11/10/04 the engineer actually showed his face for 2 minutes and managed to tell us that our 'signal was good' before telling us that there was a shortage of modems and there would be a 3-5 day wait.

That was almost a MONTH ago. We are on the phone most days to NTL customer services for a couple of hours. Each time we get a 'Promise' that it'll be here in 1 day, 2 days etc.

To top it all off, a day or two after the engineer came to check our signal, we have received our first bill!!! and for what I ask you?! This is ridiculous.

As we are students we only signed up for a 9 month contract but by the time we actually get anything installed, there will only be about 6 months of the academic year left!! :mad:

Is there anyone here nice enough to try and explain why this has gone so hideously wrong?!

Stuart

Neil
03-11-2004, 14:34
*Sigh*

**Shakes head**

Depending on where you are in the country, I would give one of the people on this list a call: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome

How unlike ntl to take the customer's money & then not give too much of a hoot.....:rolleyes: