PDA

View Full Version : unofficial community

Colin
18-08-2003, 16:35
I have just been looking at the unofficial community site and thought that it actually looked quite good, kind of professional.

Have a look at it and see what you think.

I remeber there being talk about co.uk changing their look, i think that this way would look really good (in your own style of course)

col

sorry

http://community.ntl.com/

Mick
18-08-2003, 16:38
Link please?

Edit where did the unofficial come from? :p ;)

BBKing
18-08-2003, 16:48
err - community.ntl.com is the official community site - you can tell by the ntl.com domain and the lack of a forum ;)

Richard M
18-08-2003, 16:48
:shrug:

XFS03
18-08-2003, 16:50
...and it's been there since 1st July.

Ramrod
18-08-2003, 16:53
I remeber there being talk about co.uk changing their look, i think that this way would look really good I'm sure the lawyers would think so....:rofl: This is a wind up, right?:D
imo this belongs in humour:D

grum1978
18-08-2003, 16:55
Originally posted by Ramrod
:rofl: This is a wind up, right?:D

hope so...col d i thought you worked for ntl?

Colin
18-08-2003, 16:56
:spin: oops :spin:

still looks really good i have to say. I didn't think that was up at all yet???:shrug:

Mick
18-08-2003, 17:00
Originally posted by col d
:spin: oops :spin:

still looks really good i have to say. I didn't think that was up at all yet???:shrug:

Well, its not fully up yet, there is no forum. 'Coming Soon' I'd expect. :rofl:

Colin
18-08-2003, 17:01
Originally posted by grum1978
hope so...col d i thought you worked for ntl?

:D only till i go back to uni. I've said it before and will say it again, no communication there. i find most of my info on the internet.

I thought it was meant to be launched early july, but wasn't due to whatever reasons, or is that just the forums?

Stiil back to original point, what do you thin,k of the lay out?

grum1978
18-08-2003, 17:06
:D only till i go back to uni. I've said it before and will say it again, no communication there. i find most of my info on the internet.

I thought it was meant to be launched early july, but wasn't due to whatever reasons, or is that just the forums?

Stiil back to original point, what do you thin,k of the lay out?

Well it was communicated to me ok :shrug:

Yes it launched on July 1st apart from the forum's...like Dr P said these are 'coming soon' :eek:

Layout is ok am more intrested in the content rather than layout :p

a4pacific
24-08-2003, 12:58
The forum was running when the site was launch, wan't it? I remember posting to it.

Rara Avis
24-08-2003, 13:29
I have just been looking at the unofficial community site and thought that it actually looked quite good, kind of professional.

Kind of professional? I should bloody hope so. It should look very professional since that's the profession they're in :grind:
I personally am not keen on the community site graphics, but looking around and the info available to customers, it's a great start. I'm hoping it will develop to even MORE professional standards, and tech help via the forum, WHEN it appears will make it a postive move for ntl. Yeah, one day.

I hate that photo they use though, people reaching upwards. I mean are they trying to get out of a pit or what? :erm:
And are they supposed to be staff or customers? Could be either really :D

Ramrod
25-08-2003, 09:32
Originally posted by a4pacific
The forum was running when the site was launch, wan't it? I remember posting to it. I remember posting to it at some point as well! I was beginning to think alzheimers was setting in:shrug:
Wooo.....I'm not mad after all:D

Russ
25-08-2003, 09:34
Originally posted by Rara Avis
I hate that photo they use though, people reaching upwards. I mean are they trying to get out of a pit or what? :erm:
And are they supposed to be staff or customers? Could be either really :D

I think you'll find it's Rent-a-Crowd from the local advertising agency :)

Rara Avis
25-08-2003, 11:40
Originally posted by Russ D
I think you'll find it's Rent-a-Crowd from the local advertising agency :)

I meant 'symbolically' :) In a pit? Trying to get out? Staff? Customers? Could have been either? Supposed to be wry?
Obviously not ;)

XFS03
25-08-2003, 15:14
Originally posted by Ramrod
I remember posting to it at some point as well! I was beginning to think alzheimers was setting in:shrug:
Wooo.....I'm not mad after all:D
Are you sure you're not getting confused with the unofficial ntlcommunity.com?
AFAIK the forums on community.ntl.com have always been "still under development".

Ramrod
25-08-2003, 17:20
Originally posted by XFS03
Are you sure you're not getting confused with the unofficial ntlcommunity.com?
AFAIK the forums on community.ntl.com have always been "still under development". Well I thought I was sure:cry: :confused:

a4pacific
25-08-2003, 19:49
tried www.ntlcommunity.com IE redirected this to community.ntl.com how many community sites are there???

Mick
25-08-2003, 20:02
Originally posted by a4pacific
tried www.ntlcommunity.com IE redirected this to community.ntl.com how many community sites are there???

http://www.ntlcommunity.com was privately owned but the individual who owned it (no names being mentioned, as hes had enough stick over it already) sold it to ntl for an undisclosed fee. This url now redirects to http://community.ntl.com .