PDA

View Full Version : no connection

reevesy
02-11-2004, 23:43
hallo!

first of all, I think I used the registering without the cd thingy to register the new connection a month ago, so thanks for that :)

anyways down to business, I havent had a connection back to ntl since friday afternoon :(
I got a shiney new wireless router, but I've tried connecting without it, modem straight to pc, now and again I have a tiny connection, that lasts for a couple of mins and at about 4bytes a second.
But if I do call tech support, in the tons of recorded messages there is one that says about a loss of connection in AL10, thats me [hatfield, herts]

Also I saw on the service status page there was some upgrades and stuff last week, but not now.
I've tried lots of unpluging modem/network cable/ relreasing renewing ips
but to no luck [apart from the very occastional connection for 2mins at pointless speeds]
Anyone know any details about the loss of connection in the AL postcodes?
or suggestions on anything else I can try?

cheers

EDIT!
I've just noticed some more planned maintainence [yay]
but they are like
"On the morning of Tuesday 2nd Novemeber betwwen 01:00 and 05:00 broadband On the morning of Tuesday 2nd Novemeber betwwen 01:00 and 05:00 broadband"

so it shouldnt even matter

KevAmiga
05-11-2004, 17:54
What happens if you connect the modem directly to the PC? (remember to reboot the modem)

Kev

reevesy
05-11-2004, 20:59
heh cheers, but I fixed it

I think, I had the wrong power lead plugged in [from my housemates usb hub instead]

whats that aboot eh

the other one powered it, lights flashing and that, maybe it wasnt quite the same voltage or something?

paulyoung666
05-11-2004, 21:27
heh cheers, but I fixed it

I think, I had the wrong power lead plugged in [from my housemates usb hub instead]

whats that aboot eh

the other one powered it, lights flashing and that, maybe it wasnt quite the same voltage or something?

hi and :welcome: to the site , stick around its pretty damn good around these parts :D :D :D :D