PDA

View Full Version : THE LEFT&RIGHT HAND

SNAKEKIL
01-11-2004, 19:30
Hi,This is my 1st post here, so i hope it is in the right thread. It would be nice if customer service would tell Technical support what they are going to do. I DID have the 1.5mg,but i only had the old box,so i get a call from CS saying would i make a date:confused: for some one to come arould with a new box. So i say ok m8 it will have to be on friday 29/10/04 after 1700hrs,so they say ok some one will come around at 1730hrs.:D So there i was waiting...................:mad: no one turns up. So sunday 31/10/2004 i get a hit from Technical support a bang goes my 1mg B/B and down to 700. So after waiting 20mins i get though to TS and they dont know anything about some one calling on the 29.10/2004, but there is a ticket to hit down to 700 so they did that:mad: So iam waiting to see the bill:td: . One more qus,i did have on the 1mg DOWN speed of 120, DOWN of 30.1. Now i have D..88.3 & U 15.1. was the 1mg ok?.

paulyoung666
01-11-2004, 19:39
hi and :welcome: to the site , there might be some useful info for you here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/kb/19/who-are-the-people-in-charge-of-ntlhome) :)

Mick
01-11-2004, 20:23
Hi,This is my 1st post here, so i hope it is in the right thread. It would be nice if customer service would tell Technical support what they are going to do. I DID have the 1.5mg,but i only had the old box,so i get a call from CS saying would i make a date:confused: for some one to come arould with a new box. So i say ok m8 it will have to be on friday 29/10/04 after 1700hrs,so they say ok some one will come around at 1730hrs.:D So there i was waiting...................:mad: no one turns up. So sunday 31/10/2004 i get a hit from Technical support a bang goes my 1mg B/B and down to 700. So after waiting 20mins i get though to TS and they dont know anything about some one calling on the 29.10/2004, but there is a ticket to hit down to 700 so they did that:mad: So iam waiting to see the bill:td: . One more qus,i did have on the 1mg DOWN speed of 120, DOWN of 30.1. Now i have D..88.3 & U 15.1. was the 1mg ok?.

Hi & Welcome to the site. :welcome:

It looks like you have been automatically downgraded to 750K speed tier - your current download and upload rate is that of a normal 750K connection. Your 1MB connection download and upload rates looked normal.

NTL have been going through a phase automatically downgrading 1MB customers who have not yet been given a Samsung Set top box, to 750K package which is charged £24.99 per month.

I would ring ntl and ask them what happened to Fridays visit as you was waiting for someone to arrive and are they intending to give you a Samsung Set top box so you can receive the 1.5MB speed.

paulyoung666
01-11-2004, 20:51
the download speeds as mick said were on the mark for 1mb 750k , did you have a look at the link i posted ???? :)

threadbare
01-11-2004, 20:54
although left hand right hand senario is usually applicable to ntl, this is not the case here. it is unfortunately an annoying case of engineer not showing up. if you had not been downgraded to 750 then you would have had no broadband at all, as the 1 meg tier is being completely switched off.

SNAKEKIL
02-11-2004, 18:33
Thank you for the info:tu: I did look at the link and i would just love to send a frew emails to that lot. I fell that it was the 2 that B... this one up ,ie CS and THAT DAMM ENGINEER:mad: .But all i can say is, the phone bill better be right. again thank you for the help.

paulyoung666
02-11-2004, 18:54
Thank you for the info:tu: I did look at the link and i would just love to send a frew emails to that lot. I fell that it was the 2 that B... this one up ,ie CS and THAT DAMM ENGINEER:mad: .But all i can say is, the phone bill better be right. again thank you for the help.

happy to help , its not pretty good round these parts :tu: :D

Neil
02-11-2004, 21:14
although left hand right hand senario is usually applicable to ntl, this is not the case here. it is unfortunately an annoying case of engineer not showing up. if you had not been downgraded to 750 then you would have had no broadband at all, as the 1 meg tier is being completely switched off.

What...?

How on earth can an engineer not turning up, & a situation of no record of the conversation not be a left hand/right hand scenario? :confused:

How on earth did someone in ntl manage to agree with the customer that an engineer would show up after 5.30, & then amazingly no one did?

Sounds like classic ntl left hand/right hand stuff to me....;)

Neil
02-11-2004, 21:16
happy to help , its not pretty good round these parts :tu: :D

Eh? :erm:

threadbare
02-11-2004, 23:19
What...?

How on earth can an engineer not turning up, & a situation of no record of the conversation not be a left hand/right hand scenario? :confused:

How on earth did someone in ntl manage to agree with the customer that an engineer would show up after 5.30, & then amazingly no one did?

Sounds like classic ntl left hand/right hand stuff to me....;)Neil, if you read SNAKEKIL original post you will see that he said he wished customer services would tell technial support what they were going to do. ie tell TS that they were downgrading ppl on 1.5 meg STB who do not have the new Samsung boxes. TS are are aware this is going on. then SNAKEKIL goes on to say that TS were not aware of anyone calling to arrange a swap. why would they? This is for customer services not TS. TS being the right hand and CS being left hand and all that. good idea i suppose to tell TS that SNAKEKIL has an appointment (albeit not fullfilled) for a box swap along with the hundreds of other engineer appointments that go on throughout the week up and down the country.

there could be a number of reasons why the engineer did not show up, if he was even booked proberly by the CSR.

I remember now why i stopped posting on here... :rolleyes:

Neil
03-11-2004, 09:43
Neil, if you read SNAKEKIL original post you will see that he said he wished customer services would tell technial support what they were going to do. ie tell TS that they were downgrading ppl on 1.5 meg STB who do not have the new Samsung boxes. TS are are aware this is going on. then SNAKEKIL goes on to say that TS were not aware of anyone calling to arrange a swap. why would they? This is for customer services not TS. TS being the right hand and CS being left hand and all that. good idea i suppose to tell TS that SNAKEKIL has an appointment (albeit not fullfilled) for a box swap along with the hundreds of other engineer appointments that go on throughout the week up and down the country.

there could be a number of reasons why the engineer did not show up, if he was even booked proberly by the CSR.

I remember now why i stopped posting on here... :rolleyes:

Sorry m8, but there's just no need to be like that.

At the end of the day, it's still left hand/right hand stuff from ntl that has caused this customer's problem. Whatever way you look at it ntl are at fault & that's the point I was making (& the left hand/right hand scenario is IMHO very ntl)

The reasons why the engineer didn't show up are of no interest to a customer, the fact that he didn't turn up is of interest, & had ntl's communication systems worked effectively, then we wouldn't have an unhappy customer posting here. :)

Engineer no shows must cost ntl money, as they then have to appease an unhappy customer in some way (presumably in some form of credit?), but if they had communicated effectively then that waste of cash could be saved. :tu:

scrotnig
03-11-2004, 10:35
TS are are aware this is going on. then SNAKEKIL goes on to say that TS were not aware of anyone calling to arrange a swap. why would they? This is for customer services not TS
That's not the customer's problem though, is it?

scrotnig
03-11-2004, 10:37
snakekil, has anyone sorted this for you yet?

Someone needs to get out there and change your box for a Samsung ASAP.

SNAKEKIL
03-11-2004, 18:43
:shocked: Mark B, As yet- no one has called, this thing with CS did go on for a bit,they kept calling whan i was not at home, my wife did tell them to call after 1700hrs,but i only got that one call:mad: . I did talk to the guy in CS for some about of time, i was making shore that he knew that i would not be home untill 1700hrs,and i allso asked if that DAMM ENGINEER:td: would be working after 1700 hrs, the guy say ya they work untill 1900hrs. But he allso told me that he was only a temp, had only 4 weeks to go. I do no see why i should have to call CS again to sort this out. ok iam still mad about it:mad: but if NTL can afford to lose £20. i will have to live with 750. But if they B...s the phone bill up, i will be back in forums.:D