PDA

View Full Version : Goatees

Xaccers
01-11-2004, 00:20
What do you think of gotees?
For many years I've had a theory that guys think they look cool, and women don't.

Maggy
01-11-2004, 00:28
Do you mean Goatee beards?

Frankly I'm very suspicious of blokes in beards.I reckon they are trying to hide summat.Usually the lack of a chin. ;)
It's possibly why I don't trust a few Labour Cabinet Ministers. ;)

Xaccers
01-11-2004, 00:29

Frankly I'm very suspicious of blokes in beards.I reckon they are trying to hide summat.Usually the lack of a chin. ;)

Argh now you've got me hearing Dead Ringer's Robin Cook in my head!
You evil woman!

Halcyon
01-11-2004, 00:30
Nope, Dont like goatees on anyone.

punky
01-11-2004, 00:33
I have had a goatee beard for a while. It was basically my protest at having to look so prim and proper for school for 13 years.

I like my goatee, but it is a lot of hassle, like with drinking. Mine varies in length (from really trim, to about to 2-3" like it is now) depending on work commitment etc, but I need a goatee, because I have this very big round face, and having a bit of dark hair on my chin hides it well and gives my face some balance. I find it a bit hit-and-miss with women. Some like facial hair, some don't. I have found that some women like to stroke it for novelty, but it doesn't have huge commercial appeal. I do love playing with though. When I cut it short, I do miss stroking it. The trouble is with that, when I stroke it, it weakens the hair and pulls a lot out :(

Graham M
01-11-2004, 00:45

Nah it's my Chin I'd like to hide tbh :D

punky
01-11-2004, 00:48
I would like to add, that if women are going to judge me on my goatee, then they are a superficial cows and I wouldn't want to them anyway. There is more to me than a beard.

Marge
01-11-2004, 01:18
Depends on the bloke ;)

Chris W
01-11-2004, 01:36
Depends on the bloke ;)

didn't like mine though do you?! :PP:

I didn't have one... then i did... then i shaved it off... then grew it again... and at the moment i have what some call "designer stuble" and what i call "too lazy to shave".

I think some people suit goatees and others don't... i had mixed reactions as to which of these categories i fell into... hence why mine comes and goes!

BBKing
01-11-2004, 07:42
I wouldn't want to them anyway.

You wouldn't want to what them? The board appears to have refused to to insert the relevant verb.

Goatees - silly. Either go for the full W. G. Grace or shevit!

Nugget
01-11-2004, 08:47
Well, Mrs Nug likes me with a goatee (which is a bit of a shame seeing as I've got a full beard at the mo - far too lazy to shave and it keeps my face warm ;) )

I think it depends on the bloke - it suits some and not others, although there are far to many around here looking like they've just eaten a hedgehog!

Paul
01-11-2004, 08:53
One word sums them up ;

Naff !

:)

gary_580
01-11-2004, 09:03
I would like to add, that if women are going to judge me on my goatee, then they are a superficial cows and I wouldn't want to them anyway. There is more to me than a beard.

But you have to realise that some women are so shallow that they beleive you are hiding something

Russ
01-11-2004, 09:10
I don't have one myself but you people need to understand.......sometimes, when you have a guy who can't grow any on his head, he's got to grow it somewhere........:D

Nugget
01-11-2004, 09:21
I don't have one myself but you people need to understand.......sometimes, when you have a guy who can't grow any on his head, he's got to grow it somewhere........:D

Very good point - and don't forget that us *ahem* follically challenged guys need all the help we can get ;)

Maggy
01-11-2004, 16:12
Very good point - and don't forget that us *ahem* follically challenged guys need all the help we can get ;)

Why?
Some of the sexiest men are or have been bald.Sexy is sexy and has nowt to do with hair or lack of it. ;)

Salu
01-11-2004, 16:29
I have had a goatee beard for a while. It was basically my protest at having to look so prim and proper for school for 13 years.

I like my goatee, but it is a lot of hassle, like with drinking. Mine varies in length (from really trim, to about to 2-3" like it is now) depending on work commitment etc, but I need a goatee, because I have this very big round face, and having a bit of dark hair on my chin hides it well and gives my face some balance. I find it a bit hit-and-miss with women. Some like facial hair, some don't. I have found that some women like to stroke it for novelty, but it doesn't have huge commercial appeal. I do love playing with though. When I cut it short, I do miss stroking it. The trouble is with that, when I stroke it, it weakens the hair and pulls a lot out :(

.....too much detail.....

Chris
01-11-2004, 16:43
If I had to have any facial hair, a goatee is what I'd have. In the absence of any such strange law, I'd rather be clean shaven. :)

Swipe
01-11-2004, 17:31
I have a rotating goatee. I shave it off every 2 weeks then grow it back again. The reason is I can never get an even length all over with the scissors. Maybe I should consider a beard trimmer? but to be honest, I like the variety.

Scrubbs
01-11-2004, 17:48
Well.. I have a full beard and have had one since I could grow one

I've done that thing with a sharp bit of metal scraped across me face about half a dozen times and hated it :D apart from the rash every time I did it.
I love my beard but it does get trimmed every 2 weeks( On orders from the boss:) )

Macca371
01-11-2004, 17:52
Follically challenged lol

Tricky
01-11-2004, 17:59
No No No - Nuff said!
you 16 males todate that think they look cool need to think a little harder

Scrubbs
01-11-2004, 18:14
I think If you can grow a beard/goatee, and not everyone can;)

You always have the option of taking it off whenever you want

If you can't grow one you don't have the option :D

Graham
01-11-2004, 18:15
Why isn't there an option on the vote for "what business is it of mine"?

Graham M
01-11-2004, 18:18
I think If you can grow a beard/goatee, and not everyone can;)

You always have the option of taking it off whenever you want

If you can't grow one you don't have the option :D
If my Gran can grow a Goatee, so can everyone here!!! :Yikes:

Russ
01-11-2004, 18:39
I have a rotating goatee.

Is it like those bow ties you can get in joke shops which spin round and round and sometimes light up?

I shave it off every 2 weeks then grow it back again. The reason is I can never get an even length all over with the scissors. Maybe I should consider a beard trimmer? but to be honest, I like the variety.

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Still, it conjoured up a wonderful image in my mind.

Why isn't there an option on the vote for "what business is it of mine"?

Ahh, so Graham has a goatee then :D

Theodoric
01-11-2004, 18:42
Well.. I have a full beard and have had one since I could grow one

I've done that thing with a sharp bit of metal scraped across me face about half a dozen times and hated it :D apart from the rash every time I did it.
I love my beard but it does get trimmed every 2 weeks( On orders from the boss:) )
Then just the man to ask. Do you have problems drinking soup? Is it a crumb collector? :)

punky
01-11-2004, 18:45
Then just the man to ask. Do you have problems drinking soup? Is it a crumb collector? :)

I don't have any problems eating, but one of the hassles I mentioned about earlier, is that my moustache part of it absorbs qhatever liquid I am drinking, so I have to drink slowly, and generally have to wipe my top lip a lot.

I am going to die alone, I know it...

martinell
01-11-2004, 20:04
took me about 5 months to decide whether i liked it or not(grow it, shave it,grow it, shave it etc) but now i cant imagine what i would do if it wasn't there any more :scratch::scratch: such a help to the confused mind.
hate having to trim it though but the straggly bits next to your mouth can get a pain and the quantity of beer my tash can hold is amazing

Nugget
03-11-2004, 09:29
hate having to trim it though but the straggly bits next to your mouth can get a pain and the quantity of beer my tash can hold is amazing

The beer absorbency's one of the best bits - go out for the night, come home and you haven't got to bother opening another beer, just suck the tash for an hour or so!

Ramrod
03-11-2004, 09:31
:sick:

Salu
03-11-2004, 13:50
When I had a goatee I used to keep bits of food in it to snack on whenever I felt like it. It seemed like one less thing to carry around...

punky
03-11-2004, 14:02
We are a right bunch of ladykillers, eh? :)

MovedGoalPosts
03-11-2004, 14:26
When I had a goatee I used to keep bits of food in it to snack on whenever I felt like it. It seemed like one less thing to carry around...

I bet that was a real winner with the ladies :Sprint:

Nugget
03-11-2004, 14:27
We are a right bunch of ladykillers, eh? :)

You could be if you grew it long enough to strangle them :p:

Stuart
05-11-2004, 01:19
What do you think of gotees?
For many years I've had a theory that guys think they look cool, and women don't.
They don't bother me on other blokes... Women are a different matter though..

As for me, I don't have one. I look a tw*t with one..

Marge
05-11-2004, 01:31
As for me, I don't have one. I look a tw*t with one..

I'm sure you'd look as gorgeous as ever Stu ;)

Stuart
05-11-2004, 01:42
I'm sure you'd look as gorgeous as ever Stu ;)
Thanks Debs.. :D

Can't rep you, as a need to spread it around a bit..