PDA

View Full Version : Moving to rented house

byron_hinson
30-10-2004, 19:05
Been living with parents for a long time and have had NTL broadband all that time, this coming weekend i'm moving to a rented house which already has NTL setup there and the last renter had NTL broadband there too. How quickly am I likely to get it setup there when I move as I really need it ASAP for work purposes and studying.

MovedGoalPosts
30-10-2004, 21:45
Perhaps moderately quickly since at least no new cabling is needed, just installation of the modem, or whatever boxes you need. Only way to really know is to phone ntl, as it probably depend on the area you are in.

huxleypiguk
31-10-2004, 08:41
I once plugged my cable modem into another cable in another building and it worked straight away. Its all about the MAC adress of your modem and so once the cable is turned on then you shuld be away.

Most of this should be able tobe done without an engineer visit.

byron_hinson
03-11-2004, 21:36
Well arranged the change over for this Saturday to take broadband and telephone service over - they didn't actually tell me if i need to take my old cable modem with me from the current house to the new one!

Graham F
04-11-2004, 10:29
take it with you to be safe :)

jrhnewark
12-11-2004, 16:39
I'd take it over with you, plug the modem in, and you should be away, as before.

The telephone maybe a little more colourful, but if they enable it on Saturday, no problems should follow.