PDA

View Full Version : Clocks go back tonight

MadGamer
30-10-2004, 10:18
Just a heads up for people that might get confused of when the clocks go back. Well its tonight. Im soo looking forward to an extra hour in bed. :erm: :)

Russ
30-10-2004, 10:41
You can kiss that "extra hour in bed" goodbye when you have kids :D

Graham M
30-10-2004, 10:42
Thanks for that heads up Wayne, I knew it was coming soon, didn't realise it was THIS soon.

Mick
30-10-2004, 10:44
Think also of those who do work nights - I am not on tonight thankfully but my colleagues will be and will be working an extra hour for nothing.

Halcyon
30-10-2004, 12:30
Thanks for reminding me. I'l put mine back tonight.

Matthew
30-10-2004, 13:55
Thanks for reminding me. I think Windows XP does it it's self, so all I have to worry about it my watch, my alarm clock, my wall clock and my mobile.

It's always hell in my house changing all the clocks, there must be about 15 different things with clocks that need changing.

Ramrod
30-10-2004, 14:10
Thanks for reminding me. I think Windows XP does it it's self, so all I have to worry about it my watch, my alarm clock, my wall clock and my mobile.

It's always hell in my house changing all the clocks, there must be about 15 different things with clocks that need changing.afaik my watch re-sets itself :D

Tricky
30-10-2004, 14:21
You can kiss that "extra hour in bed" goodbye when you have kids :D

My son went back an hour two weeks ago, 5am every morning now!!! :mad: :cry: :tired: :tired: :tired:

paulyoung666
30-10-2004, 14:31
Just a heads up for people that might get confused of when the clocks go back. Well its tonight. Im soo looking forward to an extra hour in bed. :erm: :)

havent you heard , the clocks go back 2 hours , summat to do with bringing us into line with europe :confused:

dilli-theclaw
30-10-2004, 14:33
afaik my watch re-sets itself :D

Nice :)

It's only my watch that will need to be changed - my other clocks are either radio controlled or change themselves anyway :)

homealone
30-10-2004, 14:49
I thought this was an amusing story

http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/the_north_east/archive/2004/10/27/Aafpuo.newsby.html

:)

@paulyoung666 - it looks like we only need to go back one hour, not two

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/site/request/setTemplate:singlecontent/contentTypeA/conWebDoc/contentId/16671/navId/00500300j007

;)

Macca371
30-10-2004, 15:47
havent you heard , the clocks go back 2 hours , summat to do with bringing us into line with europe :confused:

Not heard that, plus that wouldn't work because most of Europe is one hour ahead not one hour behind.

paulyoung666
30-10-2004, 15:49
Not heard that, plus that wouldn't work because most of Europe is one hour ahead not one hour behind.

dont matter , i was just hoping some one would bite that was all :D :D :D :D , hang on someone did :D :D :D :D

Macca371
30-10-2004, 15:52
dont matter , i was just hoping some one would bite that was all :D :D :D :D , hang on someone did :D :D :D :D

:) Couldn't help, sorry :(

bb31
30-10-2004, 17:12
As much as i love my bed and an hour extra is tempting - id rather give up the hour cos i hate this time of year - once the clocks go back its a reminder that winter is just around the corner :(

i hate driving home when its dark nights all cold and horrible - roll on summer asap!

paulyoung666
30-10-2004, 17:25
haway then mr red repper , stand up and be counted instead of skulking in the shadows ;)

anyway back on topic , i wish they would leave the clocks alone or preferably leave us on summertime permanently :tu:

yesman
30-10-2004, 17:27
As much as i love my bed and an hour extra is tempting - id rather give up the hour cos i hate this time of year - once the clocks go back its a reminder that winter is just around the corner :(

i hate driving home when its dark nights all cold and horrible - roll on summer asap!
Yes I hate this time of year too, when sad (http://www.sada.org.uk/symptoms.htm) sets in :(

Xaccers
30-10-2004, 17:40
Think also of those who do work nights - I am not on tonight thankfully but my colleagues will be and will be working an extra hour for nothing.

Bugger that! I'm claiming an hour overtime!

Macca371
30-10-2004, 17:49
haway then mr red repper , stand up and be counted instead of skulking in the shadows ;)

anyway back on topic , i wish they would leave the clocks alone or preferably leave us on summertime permanently :tu:

:confused: I don't see what you could possibly have been red repped for?

Paul K
30-10-2004, 17:54
:confused: I don't see what you could possibly have been red repped for?
Someone couldn't take a joke by the look of it :confused: It has, however been rectified by a member of the forum team ;)

Theodoric
30-10-2004, 19:31
And what about staying on permanent summertime so that we have lighter evenings. When this was tried a number of years ago it was killed off because of Scottish objections. Well, Scotland now has its own parliament so, as far as I know, there's absolutely nothing stopping the UK parliament going for permanent summertime and the Scottish parliament then legislating for the current system to be retained in Scotland.

Maggy
30-10-2004, 19:43
Ah time is elastic. ;)

For instance when my husband goes out for an 'hour' and comes back 5 hours later. ;)

OR when you take a peek at the bedside clock and decide to have another 5 minutes and then when you look again it's 55 minutes later.

Or it's the last lesson on a Friday afternoon and you find that 60 minutes lasts two hours. :D

Incog. :angel:

MadGamer
30-10-2004, 19:45
OR when you take a peek at the bedside clock and decide to have another 5 minutes and then when you look again it's 55 minutes later.

Or it's the last lesson on a Friday afternoon and you find that 60 minutes lasts two hours. :D

I agree with those two statements. :D

Theodoric
30-10-2004, 20:06
<Snip>
Or when you take a peek at the bedside clock and decide to have another 5 minutes and then when you look again it's 55 minutes later.
<Snip>
Or just as bad, when you take a peek and see that it is 5 minutes before the alarm goes off and spend the next 5 minutes being miserable trying to make time slow to a crawl.

Tricky
30-10-2004, 21:48
Who's staying up to see if time really goes backwards?
Groundhog day here we come

Theodoric
30-10-2004, 22:42
Who's staying up to see if time really goes backwards?
Groundhog day here we come
In our kitchen we've got one of those clocks controlled by the NPL radio time signal. I believe that what happens is that at 2am Sunday morning it will apparently go berserk and move 11 hours forward at a great rate of knots.

And why in the kitchen, I hear you ask. Well, either:
a) There was a free space on the wall there,
or
b) When I cook, I need precision timing.

paulyoung666
30-10-2004, 23:38
In our kitchen we've got one of those clocks controlled by the NPL radio time signal. I believe that what happens is that at 2am Sunday morning it will apparently go berserk and move 11 hours forward at a great rate of knots.

And why in the kitchen, I hear you ask. Well, either:
a) There was a free space on the wall there,
or
b) When I cook, I need precision timing.

and exactly how long do you cook your pasta for , is it 5'59 minutes or is it 6'01 , time matters ;) :D :D :D
sorry couldnt resist :D :D :D

Chris W
31-10-2004, 01:08

Did you stay up and watch this phenomenom?

Richard M
31-10-2004, 01:20
Hey it's 1:20 again! :D

Somebody please change the server time thnx... ;)

daxx
31-10-2004, 01:22
lo and its only aarghhhhhh it happened and i missed it

Graham M
31-10-2004, 10:49