PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Football talk

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Steve H
13-08-2003, 23:38
Actually, Scratch that.. They got beat by Stoke!

3-1, and they did actually have some decent players out!, Eat that! Barthez' has gotta go.. Got lobbed from like 40 yard lol.

Ferguson!, blamed the length of the grass, lmfao.. GROW UP, and CHECK YOUR SELL BY DATE! :D

grum1978
13-08-2003, 23:48
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Class!! :D

Looks for all the Man United supporters :p

Steve H
13-08-2003, 23:53
bah!, Where's Kronas, or Pete When you need to laugh! :D

:rofl:

darkangel
13-08-2003, 23:53
well done u beat united's reserve team in a freindly:rofl: might give u a wave from the top of the league if we get the time

Marge
13-08-2003, 23:55
Come on, we can't beat everyone all the time !!!

gazzae
13-08-2003, 23:55
Congratulations to Stoke. Beating an under-strenght United team in a pre-season friendly, must be the highlight of your season ;)

Anyway your right, Barthez is past his best. I'm putting my money on Howard starting the season.

Steve H
13-08-2003, 23:59
Originally posted by darkangel
well done u beat united's reserve team in a freindly:rofl: might give u a wave from the top of the league if we get the time

barthez
o'shea
silvestre
forlan
djembe
bellion
butt

:rolleyes:

Well, I suspose the grass was too long :rofl::D

OHH, Since its a debate on reserves...

It was 2 Stoke reserves who scored the goals, and we had youngsters and trialists playing.

Still, the grass was a bit long :rofl:lmfao

paulyoung666
14-08-2003, 00:04
i love all this 'we' bit , not

narf gone quiet though aint it , have all the man u fans taken there cocoa to bed now :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

gazzae
14-08-2003, 00:04
BTW Steve_NTL, since your such a big fan of Stoke, why don't you tell us when they won the first division, after all you proclaimed they did over on a thread on .com

Or maybe you prefer to spend your time ****ging off Man Utd, instead of being interested in the team you "follow".

Steve H
14-08-2003, 00:06
Originally posted by gazzae
BTW Steve_NTL, since your such a big fan of Stoke, why don't you tell us when they won the first division, after all you proclaimed they did over on a thread on .com

lol, Some sour Grapes here gazzae, Im sure its not your lass Loss!!!!! :rofl:

Yeah, That was My mistake, I was on about the Old First Division, Which was then classed as the second division..

But anyway :notopic:

We're talking about tonights results mate ;)

****ing off Man UTD?.. erm, Spend more time following the team I support! I just did, I WENT TO THE MATCH AND WATCHED THEM SHOW THEM HOW TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!:D

gazzae
14-08-2003, 00:10
Really, so instead of coming on here and starting a thread about how good stoke were tonight, you come on and start a thread about how bad United were.

Steve H
14-08-2003, 00:12
Really, so instead of coming on here and starting a thread about how good stoke were tonight, you come on and start a thread about how bad United were.

Sorry?:confused: Guess it goes both ways..

Im sorry I offended you.

gazzae
14-08-2003, 00:16
Originally posted by Steve_NTL

Yeah, That was My mistake, I was on about the Old First Division, Which was then classed as the second division..

Sorry i'm confused, why are you talking about the first division?

Sorry? Guess it goes both ways..
Im sorry I offended you

You didn't offend me, was just wondering why, after all you suppopt stoke, you would create a threat saying the other team was crap instead of creating a thread about how good your team was.

paulyoung666
14-08-2003, 00:17
funny that as soon as someone says summat about man u there supporters sense of humour goes right out the window , now when they are winning , need i say more ;)

Steve H
14-08-2003, 00:22
Sorry i'm confused, why are you talking about the first division?

Stoke won Division 2, before there was a premiership. I classed this as Division 1 Without Thinking, as technically nowadays.. This would of been Division 1 (With the premiership), Anyway, Thats not what we're talking about here :)

You didn't offend me, was just wondering why, after all you suppopt stoke, you would create a threat saying the other team was crap instead of creating a thread about how good your team was.

The thread can actually be taken both ways..

It Doesnt explicitly say "Manchester United are Crap", Nor Does it say "Stoke city are the best". Take it how you want, I dont care.. Like Paul says, Your sense of humour tottaly goes as soon as there's a loss. A focal point of the thread was going on what Fergie said about the grass.. I mean, It was the same for both sets of teams! (And dont go saying Stoke have already had a match on it, Cos they havnt for the past 3 week).

gazzae
14-08-2003, 00:22
My sense of humour is still here. :)

I'll freely admit that Man Utd were absolutely **** tonight.

I just wonder why people who claim to support there team don't come on and say how great there team played.

Steve H
14-08-2003, 00:25
My sense of humour is still here. :)

I'll freely admit that Man Utd were absolutely **** tonight.

I just wonder why people who claim to support there team don't come on and say how great there team played.

Ok, Stoke played great.. Manu werent ****e, They were tottaly outclassed on the night. I didnt originally say this because of the utter ****e Manu fans come out with, Including there manager.

Thats it from me, Good night.

gazzae
14-08-2003, 00:27
Any chance of a link to what fergie said about the grass?

kronas
14-08-2003, 01:47
bah!, Where's Kronas, or Pete When you need to laugh! :D

i know nothing i have been away

*not that anyone has noticed :rolleyes:

danielf
14-08-2003, 01:59
Originally posted by kronas
i know nothing i have been away

*not that anyone has noticed :rolleyes:

Well, we did notice the relative calm ;)

I'm off to bed, will look at the damage in the morning;)

TigaSefi
14-08-2003, 09:16
lol i cannae believe the whingin' Scot blamed the grass lol....

gazzae
14-08-2003, 09:40
Any chance of a link to what fergie said about the grass?

Anybody? I cannot find a link anywhere that lists this as one of Fergie's quotes from last night.

Steve_NTL, where did you see this quote?

Russ
14-08-2003, 09:55
How many of United's regular first team were playing?

gazzae
14-08-2003, 10:04
Originally posted by Russ D
How many of United's regular first team were playing?
United team....

Barthez (Ricardo, 86)
Lynch
O'Shea
Silvestre (Tate, 74)
Pugh
Fletcher
Butt (Nardiello, 46)
Djemba-Djemba (Wood, 86)
Richardson
Bellion
Forlan (Jones, 86).

Russ
14-08-2003, 10:07
Well I'm not going to use the excuse of 'it wasn't United's stongest team', but put it this way - if it really was a major concern for us, it would have had a little more press coverage than that.

gazzae
14-08-2003, 10:11
Also Stoke played a mostly reserve team as well.

Didn't mention it last night, but well done to Stoke. They played really well.

gazzae
14-08-2003, 11:36
Just found Fergie's quote..

We created our own problems, the grass was a bit long but we should have been hitting our passes better

TigaSefi
14-08-2003, 13:06
Just found Fergie's quote..

whinge whinge whinge :D

gazzae
14-08-2003, 13:19
Originally posted by TigaSefi
whinge whinge whinge :D

;) He left his excuse calendar at home. It was the only one he could think of at short notice :D

Anyway if i remember correctly I believe he's used that one before :p

At least he didn't say that the players couldn't see each other because of the colours of their shirts!

Steve H
14-08-2003, 14:27
One more thing, the pitch was near perfect :)

paulyoung666
14-08-2003, 14:29
One more thing, the pitch was near perfect :)

uh oh here we go again , mind you i must admit ferguson does have more than a few excuses :spin:

gazzae
14-08-2003, 14:29
yeah I noticed watching the game that it was in good shape.

Atomic22
14-08-2003, 20:55
heheheh gawd the night a united thread starts and im away at the game and it takes me longer to get home than the stoke fans coz i dont live in manchester and i had to stop for some prawns on the way home.
yeh the b team lost to stoke who played better
barthez is crap and we have replaced him
the grass may be perfect to stoke fans but at united we have real mowers to keep the pitch the best in the uk instead of billy goats munching away at it in an attempt to trim it but most of us can take a loss in a friendly game without crying.

"bring on the prawn sandwiches"

Steve H
14-08-2003, 21:00
Originally posted by Atomic22
heheheh gawd the night a united thread starts and im away at the game and it takes me longer to get home than the stoke fans coz i dont live in manchester and i had to stop for some prawns on the way home.
yeh the b team lost to stoke who played better
barthez is crap and we have replaced him
the grass may be perfect to stoke fans but at united we have real mowers to keep the pitch the best in the uk instead of billy goats munching away at it in an attempt to trim it but most of us can take a loss in a friendly game without crying.

lol - Your tone suggests your embarressed ;)

Stoke had the pitch replaced last season, and re-seeded during Pre Season, The only difference to Man Utd's pitch is the dimensions ;)

barthez
o'shea
silvestre
forlan
djembe
bellion
butt

:rolleyes:

Im pretty damn sure they play in Manu's First team :sleep:

PS - Stoke played a reserve/trialist team, It even lacked shape, and didnt have a specific formation.

Atomic22
14-08-2003, 21:22
bellion = no
barthez = no more
djemba = 4th friendly no real game yet
forlan = reserve
we still lost tho but friendlys are nothing to cry about

grum1978
14-08-2003, 21:24
bellion = no
barthez = no more
djemba = 4th friendly no real game yet
forlan = reserve
we still lost tho but friendlys are nothing to cry about

Until you play Bolton at the weekend ;) never really play well against them at your place do you, the odd lucky result but i think they will beat you :p :D

Atomic22
14-08-2003, 21:35
yeh whatever
we may or may not lose against bolton but we will win the league again this year.
bolton killed off arsenal for us last season and on a good day they can beat anyone but......one win does not a championship winning team make
thats why boro fans cant remember any game they played since boxing day

gazzae
14-08-2003, 21:36
Nah we never do, Bolton always beat us it seems lol! They really are our bogey team.
In case anyones interested the stats are...
Man Utd Wins 37 Draws 23 Bolton Wins 40

Anyway it looks like it may be Keane in defense with Djemba make his premiership debut.

grum1978
14-08-2003, 21:38
yeh whatever
we may or may not lose against bolton but we will win the league again this year.
bolton killed off arsenal for us last season and on a good day they can beat anyone but......one win does not a championship winning team make
thats why boro fans cant remember any game they played since boxing day

lol...is that a fact :rolleyes:

gazzae
14-08-2003, 21:47
Saying I'm in a fact mood..

Man Utd Wins 30 Draws 31 Stoke Wins 26

Highest Man Utd Win
English Division 1 Manchester United 5-0 Stoke City 06-05-1985
Highest Stoke Win
English Division 1 Stoke City 7-1 Manchester United 07-01-1893

Last time teams met competively
1993/1994
English League Cup Manchester United 2-0 Stoke City 06-10-1993
English League Cup Stoke City 2-1 Manchester United 22-09-1993

Atomic22
14-08-2003, 21:51
hmmmm howard is good and djemba looks quite good and kleberson and ronaldo also seem good......maybe alex has bought us some decent squad players this year to make up for donkey veron and "here you are thierry mate if i roll you the ball have a free goal" barthez

gazzae
14-08-2003, 21:53
Of course you could also say that Barthez kept us in the hunt for the league last season with a couple of amazing saves.

Steve H
14-08-2003, 22:01
Thast the problem though.. He does some wicked saves, yet he isnt consitent, and takes too many chances..

I was well impressed by chelsea yesterday.. Duff :eek::D

gazzae
14-08-2003, 22:04
Didn't see the chelsea match, was watching Man U.
How did Veron play?

Steve H
14-08-2003, 23:30
Mixed really, He started out at right wing, and he wasnt effective at all, lacked width. He then moved central and showed how commanding a figure he can be :)

kronas
15-08-2003, 02:01
Mixed really, He started out at right wing, and he wasnt effective at all, lacked width. He then moved central and showed how commanding a figure he can be :)

so are are we going to hear 'oh look at veron he is such a good player' now seen as he has left man utd :rolleyes:

grum1978
15-08-2003, 13:29
so are are we going to hear 'oh look at veron he is such a good player' now seen as he has left man utd :rolleyes:

no he will still be rubbish in the league :D

gazzae
15-08-2003, 13:44
ROFL

Actually, doing my usual trick of taking threads off topic, a few friends and I were talking last night and were wonders what will happen to chelski if this Russian guy gets bored with them (after all I heard he considered it just to be a hobbie) and then buggers off leaving them with all these superstars on £100k a week salaries.

Atomic22
15-08-2003, 21:48
the russian will be the only one at chelski around when winter sets in coz all the other fine weather pansys he has bought will be keeping warm in the physio room collecting their 110k a week

The Diplomat
16-08-2003, 17:39
How come Giggs just took the penalty???? :confused:

Russ
16-08-2003, 17:44
He didn't - according to the BBC Van the Man missed it and Giggs took the rebound.

The Diplomat
16-08-2003, 17:47
D'oh that wasn't what it said on the bbc site at first...:rolleyes:

Russ
16-08-2003, 17:56
Anyway, I'm waiting for the anti-Man United fans to moan about Scholes's goal being off-side....like it mattered!! :D

grum1978
16-08-2003, 18:02
Anyway, I'm waiting for the anti-Man United fans to moan about Scholes's goal being off-side....like it mattered!! :D

Not at all mate just wish you could play stoke every week :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Russ
16-08-2003, 18:07
Well maybe the reserve team could :D

darkangel
16-08-2003, 18:09
Originally posted by grum1978
Not at all mate just wish you could play stoke every week :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well we know that highly unlikley don't we:)

grum1978
16-08-2003, 18:09
not such a reserve team really was it, oh and it wasn't even stokes best team :rofl: :rofl:

Russ
16-08-2003, 18:14
Well in that case I guess Stoke are a better team than the 8 time Premiership champions and 10 time FA Cup winners :D

grum1978
16-08-2003, 18:18
Glad you agree Russ

:D:D:D:D

gazzae
16-08-2003, 18:19
Not at all mate just wish you could play stoke every week :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bet you're glad that you don't play Fulham every week? :rofl:

grum1978
16-08-2003, 18:20
Bet you're glad that you don't play Fulham every week? :rofl:

No not really was a very entertaining game by all accounts, i just put it down to first day jitters :p

gazzae
16-08-2003, 18:34
No not really was a very entertaining game by all accounts, i just put it down to first day jitters :p

Would those be the same jitters that last all season whenever you play away? :D

grum1978
16-08-2003, 18:41

Would those be the same jitters that last all season whenever you play away? :D

na mate we got over them thanks after about 4 months ;)

Steve H
16-08-2003, 18:54
Well maybe the reserve team could :D

hmm, I guess man utd need to get rid of the first team players that were playing in the match then, If they're only good enough to be called the reserve team.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the anti-Man United fans to moan about Scholes's goal being off-side....like it mattered!!

Thats the one thing I hate, Big headidness, thinking your team has its own Anti supporter club.. trust me your not that well liked!

(Except in China);)

Russ
16-08-2003, 18:58
hmm, I guess man utd need to get rid of the first team players that were playing in the match then, If they're only good enough to be called the reserve team.

Well as I said, I guess Stoke are just a better team than Man Utd then :D

Thats the one thing I hate, Big headidness, thinking your team has its own Anti supporter club.. trust me your not that well liked!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think United aren't the most hated club???

gazzae
16-08-2003, 19:26

(Except in China);)

Only two of the players who started the match against Stoke, started against Bolton.
I'm not making excuses, Stoke played well, Man United played crap.

I thought all the fans in China now supported Real? :p

The Diplomat
16-08-2003, 19:28

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think United aren't the most hated club??? [/B]

Hate is a strong word Russ...

The thing that gets me is them constantly being rammed down my throat...

Look at the BBC homepage... Here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/) for an example. Didn't Blackburn win 5-1 today??

Why is it "Man Utd off to a flyer?" :shrug:

Russ
16-08-2003, 19:34
Good point about the word 'hate'.....

I'm not a gambling man but if I was I'd be willing to bet this month's pay that if you asked all the non-United football fans which team they'd like to see slowly die a death and slip in to the First Division, the vast majority would say Man United.

I'm not discussing whether or not this resentment is justified, I'm just making a point that the usual anti-United brigade often come out with daft comments about one of their 4 goals being 'way offside'.....

Steve H
16-08-2003, 19:37
Well, we'l hafta wait for the premiership tonight ;)

Russ
16-08-2003, 19:40
Well, we'l hafta wait for the premiership tonight ;)

I caught a bit of it on Sky earlier and it certainly looked dodgy to me.

The Diplomat
16-08-2003, 19:49
I'll bet you're glad to put the ghost of the last 2 seasons playing Bolton at home behind you though. ;)

gazzae
16-08-2003, 19:52
Ruud was a mile offside on scholes' goal.

The main plus point of the game for me was Ronaldo. For an 18 year old to come on and completely change the game! A real star for the future, if not now.

Russ
16-08-2003, 20:59
Originally posted by The Diplomat
I'll bet you're glad to put the ghost of the last 2 seasons playing Bolton at home behind you though. ;)

You bet :)

In any case I think all eyes will be on Chelsea v Liverpool tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how the new-look Blues will handle quality opposition.

imback
17-08-2003, 00:18
You bet :)

In any case I think all eyes will be on Chelsea v Liverpool tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how the new-look Blues will handle quality opposition.

Don't call us quality oposition man, we don't know which Liverpool team are going to turn up yet:( Is it going to be the one that creates bags of chances and loses 1- 0 or the boring sde thta manages to win 1 - 0.

Ok yes I am nervous, but honestly think we will struggle tomorrow, no Gerrard or Hamman, and Biscan is going to be our midfield anchor man:shrug:

yesman
17-08-2003, 01:12
Originally posted by The Diplomat

Why is it "Man Utd off to a flyer?" :shrug:

Because they are the current champions :)

Russ
17-08-2003, 01:23
Originally posted by imback
Don't call us quality oposition man, we don't know which Liverpool team are going to turn up yet:( Is it going to be the one that creates bags of chances and loses 1- 0 or the boring sde thta manages to win 1 - 0.

Ok yes I am nervous, but honestly think we will struggle tomorrow, no Gerrard or Hamman, and Biscan is going to be our midfield anchor man:shrug:

I disagree - Liverpool have the potential to give any big team a good game.

Bulky
17-08-2003, 08:48
So who watched the Man u, Bolton match, i did :)
off to a slow start, but when Ronaldo came on the whole game picked up, this lad is looking very very promising :)

TigaSefi
17-08-2003, 10:17
Personally I think Man Utd were lucky with all goals, a decent ref would have said they all offside :P :rofl:....

darkangel
17-08-2003, 11:40
Personally I think Man Utd were lucky with all goals, a decent ref would have said they all offside :P :rofl:.... **** off another bitter fan:rolleyes: 99% of clubs would give their hind legs for half the skill of united the game is all about luck if a player doesn't make mistake u don't score.
who do u support?

imback
17-08-2003, 11:50
I disagree - Liverpool have the potential to give any big team a good game.

I agree man, but we can also stink out the place like a 3rd devision team on our day:p

Russ
17-08-2003, 11:59
Originally posted by darkangel
**** off another bitter fan

Settle petal!

Steve H
17-08-2003, 12:19
Ruud was a mile offside on scholes' goal.

He wasnt' really interfering with play, If anything he gave scholes more work to do, as he flicked the ball out of his path.

darkangel
17-08-2003, 12:27
He wasnt' really interfering with play, If anything he gave scholes more work to do, as he flicked the ball out of his path. a pro united comment
:eeek:

Russ
17-08-2003, 13:04
He wasnt' really interfering with play, If anything he gave scholes more work to do, as he flicked the ball out of his path.

I'd say he WAS interferring with play. From this vantage point I thought his flick set Scholes up nicely.

But then again, it doesn't matter :D

Russ
17-08-2003, 21:11
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3140907.stm

Oh dear, another team with high expectations of toppling the dominant force in the premiership...... :D

Atomic22
19-08-2003, 21:51
yeh allardyces comment that scholes "offside goal" changed the face of the game is tosh coz bolton were 2 nil down pizzin in the wind when the "offside" goal went in..
arsenal looked poor even though they won....
chelsea looked marginally better than liverpool who were crap..
newcastle scraped a result....
blackburn scored 5 lucky goals....(ahem)
yup looks like man utd are off to a flyer...wahhaaaayyyy

Steve H
19-08-2003, 22:11
Oh dear, another team with high expectations of toppling the dominant force in the premiership...... :D

Someones going to topple Arsenal? :eek::p:D

Atomic22
20-08-2003, 19:12

yeh i suppose arsenal are the dominant force seeing as they have won the league twice in the last 11 years hahahahaha.
you are havin a laff pal
dominant = 8 from 11 = man utd
sporadic = 2 from 11 = arsenal
once in a blue moon = 1 from 11 = blackburn
also rans = liverpool,chelsea,newcastle
as much chance as hell freezing over and the devil ice skating on it = leeds,boro,man city,spurs etc etc

Steve H
20-08-2003, 19:29
Yep, But now someone else has got some money.. (Cough, Chelsea)

Russ
20-08-2003, 19:44

Yes of course, quite a few :)

Atomic22
21-08-2003, 19:22

yeh but they have so far spent it on do-nuts

kronas
21-08-2003, 19:26

money can bring high profile signings you cant have success with just money it takes team spirit the right coaching manager tactics and the team must also gel and work togethor

Atomic22
23-08-2003, 20:34
the geordies bite the dust......
ruuuuuud boyz

kronas
24-08-2003, 02:01
the geordies bite the dust......
ruuuuuud boyz

ok wasent shearer grabbing silvestre's arm while he was trying to get across the goal to head the ball ?

Mal
24-08-2003, 02:08
ok wasent shearer grabbing silvestre's arm while he was trying to get across the goal to head the ball ?

You forget, the sheep shearer does no wrong.

He's innocent I tell ya!:D

kronas
24-08-2003, 02:31
Originally posted by Mal

yeh yeh just because hes ex england

*sees a bias ;) :p

Mal
24-08-2003, 02:52
Originally posted by Mal

*Oops. Forget to say I was being totally and utterly sarcastic.

I really do hate Shearer. It made me larf yesterday. :D

Undisputedtruth
24-08-2003, 10:36
yeh but they have so far spent it on do-nuts

Duff, Crespo and Mutu are class players with bags of football intelligence. I can firmly say the Chelsea team are gelling quite well with further improvements on the way. Chelsea are a credible title challenger. Man U must be seriously looking over their shoulder at Stamford Bridge. I would say Chelsea v Man U would be the most intrigueing game this season. Both teams are evenly match.

Undisputedtruth

TigaSefi
24-08-2003, 10:57
Again, Man Utd offsides their way to victory.... when will the backhanders officials take ever stop ??? :p

Russ
24-08-2003, 12:08
Again, Man Utd offsides their way to victory.... when will the backhanders officials take ever stop ??? :p

I'm waiting for the day when you lot watch one of RVN's penalties and call it 'offside'..... :D

I would say Chelsea v Man U would be the most intrigueing game this season.

Whilst I disagree that Chelsea are anywhere near being serious title contenders, their 2 games against United certainly will make interesting viewing.

Chimaera
24-08-2003, 12:27
What about 'Sir' Alex then??
I watched the news this morning about yesterdays game - and sadly I could lip read everything he said at the touchline!
I'm no prude, but surely a 'gentleman' of his standing should not be using language of that type!! Leave that to the yobs. :(

Russ
24-08-2003, 12:29
Hey - who said AF was a gentleman?? :D

Actually quite a few Premiership and Nationwide League managers have done what he did.

Chimaera
24-08-2003, 12:36
True Russ, but I just expected better of him!! :shrug:

Russ
24-08-2003, 12:37
Silly!! This is AF we're talking about!!! ;)

Mal
24-08-2003, 13:23
Were we watching the same match???

The TV replays show that both Van Nistelrooy & Scholes were clearly onside when the ball was played to them. Just bad defending by Newcastle.

Russ
24-08-2003, 13:25
Come on Mal, you know the rules! Nothing, least of all the 'facts', should get in the way of a good Man Utd bashing!!! :D

Mal
24-08-2003, 13:31
Come on Mal, you know the rules! Nothing, least of all the 'facts', should get in the way of a good Man Utd bashing!!! :D
True:D

Undisputedtruth
25-08-2003, 18:29
Whilst I disagree that Chelsea are anywhere near being serious title contenders, their 2 games against United certainly will make interesting viewing.

Last week I was not too sure Chelsea were title contenders. I knew Chelsea has probably one of the best defence in the premiership and have the most consistent keeper in the premiership. If you look in midfield, Duff is an excellent player, Lampard is a good player, capable of scoring 12 goals a season and Veron now showing why Man U payed all that money for him. Mutu and Crespo likely to form the main attack. Chelsea just needs to add a combative midfielder to complete the team. I think Chelsea needs to add another wide player.

Russ
25-08-2003, 18:41
They've definately got a bunch of good players, but whether or not they can consistantly play well together is what makes a good team a great team.

kronas
25-08-2003, 20:05
They've definately got a bunch of good players, but whether or not they can consistantly play well together is what makes a good team a great team.

yep as i said earlier if they can gel together get to learn each others positioning etc they can do well but for now they are just a normal team with stars or potential stars

Atomic22
25-08-2003, 21:20
ok chelsea have strung 2 wins back to back for probably the first time since chopper harris was captain.....see where they are come the end of the season.
man utd and arsenal are still the only contenders..
also how come uriah rennie wore green instead of black and white like the rest of his newcastle team?....we all know he was playing for newcastle on saturday and wearing green will not make me think he wasn't biased against man utd...
alex was right he is a joke

Undisputedtruth
25-08-2003, 21:49

Good, intelligent players will always play well together. I guess Veron would be picked out by many people to have inconsistent performances. However, I can see fellow Argentine Herman Crespo bringing out the best of Veron. Players like Crespo and Mutu are capable of turning games around at a flash. Duff is the sort of player who will battle through no matter what. Chelsea is solid at the back. I'm not too sure about Lampard but I understand he was consistent last season.

Chelsea have done well to beat Liverpool considering a lot of players have recently been bought. The game against Leicester showed Chelsea were able to battle where necessary. These are sure signs Chelsea will be title challengers. Another 7 or 8 games under Chelsea's belt and they'll be flying.

My only concern about Chelsea is their ability to dominate the middle of the park. Arsenal and Man U are definitely stronger in that area.

Russ
25-08-2003, 21:53
Originally posted by Undisputedtruth
My only concern about Chelsea is their ability to dominate the middle of the park. Arsenal and Man U are definitely stronger in that area.

And one thing United have a shining record in, is not crapping out halfway through/at the end of the season. Consistancy is the key. I'll only be impressed with Chelsea if they are top 5 by march/april.

Undisputedtruth
25-08-2003, 23:07
And one thing United have a shining record in, is not crapping out halfway through/at the end of the season. Consistancy is the key. I'll only be impressed with Chelsea if they are top 5 by march/april.

If Chelsea are a bit short by mid season they could always buy one or two players to add sparkle. I was also just as convinced when the kids at Man U were capable of winning the league.

Russ
25-08-2003, 23:13
But wouldn't the transfer deadlines put paid to that?

Undisputedtruth
26-08-2003, 09:23
But wouldn't the transfer deadlines put paid to that?

The transfer window opens again for a short time in mid season.

Russ
26-08-2003, 09:43
But bringing in a few players mid season when the current team's form dips is hardly the way to inspire moral and confidence - AF may threaten to do that when United lose to some two-bit sunday league team but that's part of his psychological warfare. Part of the spirit within United that keeps them going all season is the knowledge that Fergie is fiercely loyal to his players. You just can't buy that sort of moral and comeraderie.

Undisputedtruth
26-08-2003, 14:31
But bringing in a few players mid season when the current team's form dips is hardly the way to inspire moral and confidence - AF may threaten to do that when United lose to some two-bit sunday league team but that's part of his psychological warfare. Part of the spirit within United that keeps them going all season is the knowledge that Fergie is fiercely loyal to his players. You just can't buy that sort of moral and comeraderie.

It is a well know fact by bringing in new players will give the team a lift and existing players will have to fight for their places. I didn't see Real Madrid moral dropping when they bought David Beckham. Even Fergie will be looking for new players to strengthen his squad when he can.

The point is if a team looking for honours then fresh legs are a welcome bonus. The biggest dent to team's moral is carrying players who cannot perform.

The Diplomat
31-08-2003, 17:06
Southampton 1 - 0 Manchester United. :D

United's 1st league defeat in 2003.

Russ
31-08-2003, 17:07
Ah well, we lost - just like Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea all will this year....

Marge
31-08-2003, 17:08
One game does not a season make :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Diplomat
31-08-2003, 17:17
Originally posted by Debsy42
One game does not a season make :cry: :cry: :cry:

Agreed.

I wouldn't want to be playing Man U after that display..;)

Fergie will be roasting a few people, and they will probably bounce back with venom.

kronas
31-08-2003, 17:18
well im not going to deny we played pretty poorly southampton deserve the win they played alot better attacking and defensive wise

TigaSefi
31-08-2003, 18:08
we ? I didn't see you on the pitch :p

kronas
31-08-2003, 18:14

nope but i still count it as we i mean i do support them man utd

:D

Atomic22
31-08-2003, 18:57

aha the man utd hater watched the game did he?
pay per view as well
a closet man utd fan as i knew all along

yeh we lost our 1st league game this year , it wont be our last.
we were crap and southampton never gave up and deserved the win.

yesman
31-08-2003, 20:32
we were crap and southampton never gave up and deserved the win.

We weren't particularly good against Wolves either.

Tim Howard would get my Man of the Match today if anyone deserved it.

The only good thing to notice in the game is that Forlan seems to be improving somewhat.

How they missed Scholesy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TigaSefi
03-09-2003, 23:24
lol i didn't watch the match nor paid for it directly since we get all matches for £1 a month :D :p

The Diplomat
08-09-2003, 20:54
What do the Man U fans think of this news HERE (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3091316.stm) :eek: :eek:

TigaSefi
08-09-2003, 21:37
bahahaaha.... expect Chelsea to reinforce their "Global Branding" in the next 6 months.....

Atomic22
10-09-2003, 20:13
kenyon aint made man utd the biggest club in the world.....we shareholders club members and supporters have by spending our money on them.
he just knows how much the players earn and no matter what chelsea can pay for players like ruud for example , he will play for man utd until he retires from top flight football

Russ
10-09-2003, 21:03
The thing is, Man Utd were already a world renouned club before Kenyon took over. Chelsea are virtually unheard of outside the UK.

kronas
11-09-2003, 02:10
The thing is, Man Utd were already a world renouned club before Kenyon took over. Chelsea are virtually unheard of outside the UK.

true...........

Atomic22
11-09-2003, 19:32
very true ,chelsea may improve their profile around europe now they seem to have a player from every country (very pc)
in global fame no other team in the world comes close to man utd

Atomic22
13-09-2003, 20:39
another good win for the boys today..
ruud was awesome..
teddy played a blinder for portsmouth too

Mal
14-09-2003, 00:17
Robert Pires 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0.

A top class dive. :D

Well done. Mr Pires managed a dive with no contact from a Portsmouth player and still got a penalty. This ranks as the all time great.

Undisputedtruth
14-09-2003, 15:16
Originally posted by Mal
Robert Pires 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0, 6.0.

A top class dive. :D

Well done. Mr Pires managed a dive with no contact from a Portsmouth player and still got a penalty. This ranks as the all time great.

Arsenal are a class act in deception. Perhaps Arsenal should have NTL as their sponsors. They go hand in hand.

Undisputedtruth
14-09-2003, 15:19
very true ,chelsea may improve their profile around europe now they seem to have a player from every country (very pc)
in global fame no other team in the world comes close to man utd

I though Chelsea played well against Spurs. I can see Chelsea getting stronger.

Defiant
14-09-2003, 15:58

Any team can get stronger by spending millions on players but its the manager thats the most inportant thing ;)

Russ
14-09-2003, 16:13

But do they have any longevity? That's the mark of true champions IMO.

Atomic22
14-09-2003, 20:11
Arsenal are a class act in deception. Perhaps Arsenal should have NTL as their sponsors. They go hand in hand.

sometimes they are not very deceptive though and so they lie through their teeth (yup very ntl like)
e.g sol campbell elbowing ole gunnar then saying "it wasn't me" when every tv camera in uk filmed him doing it

Defiant
16-09-2003, 21:20
COME ON YOU REDS 3 - 0 :)

Marge
16-09-2003, 21:21
Looks like another great night of European Football for the boys :wavey:

Come on 4-0 :D

kronas
16-09-2003, 21:45
i want to see more goals they deserve more giggs van nistelrooy fortune on form shame solskjaer had to go off hope hes fit for the weekend

come on lads!!!!!!

keithwalton
16-09-2003, 22:32
didnt man u recently loose to southampton again in a premiership match ?
I'd thought they'd or learnt from there mistakes *shrug*

K

Russ
17-09-2003, 08:25
Originally posted by keithwalton

I'd thought they'd or learnt from there mistakes *shrug*

Yeah, so at 5-0 there's no way they learned from their mistaked..... :D

Atomic22
17-09-2003, 19:36
stuttgart next , then bring on the men in skirts from scotland.

kronas
17-09-2003, 20:21
stuttgart next , then bring on the men in skirts from scotland.

should beat stuttgart but rangers im scared :eek: :p ;)

Atomic22
21-09-2003, 19:12
we shouldve won today , we outplayed the gooners and viera got sent off so arse-end whinger will be crying about that in the papers tomorrow......ruud missed a penalty in the 90th minute...seeing how we got a penalty at the last minute of the game arse-end will be crying about man utd always having penaltys etc etc

Russ
21-09-2003, 19:14
Had Ruud put that penalty away, it would of course have been off-side.....

Atomic22
21-09-2003, 19:20
hehehehe yep russ i believe it would

Steve H
21-09-2003, 19:22
You all slate how arsene wenger goes moaning to papers, Yet you all go on about how Manu DEFIENTLY SHOULD of won, How ironic! :rofl:

Russ
21-09-2003, 19:28
Should have won, actually :)

</pedantic-literate mode>

paulyoung666
21-09-2003, 19:31
funny , i have just been talking to my mate who watched the game and he reckoned both teams played like ****e , but then he is a boro fan and they won :p :p :p :p

gazzae
21-09-2003, 19:34
According to wenger, Rudd is a cheat!

I just hope the Arsenal punished properly for their players behaviour after the final whistle.

Russ
21-09-2003, 19:37
Is RVN a diver? Yes he is. Is he doing anything differently from any other striker in the Premiership? No.

That of course does not make it right, but in comparision he's just doing what they all do. If you crack down on one, you crack down on them all.

TigaSefi
21-09-2003, 19:44
lol.... both team as bad each other but the gloating rox on RVN hehe... Bring it on!!

Marge
21-09-2003, 20:24
Arsenal = what a bunch of sorry losers :2up:

Hope the FA take action against Arsenal for their antics at the end of the game

imback
21-09-2003, 20:28
According to wenger, Rudd is a cheat!

Well he is:shrug:

Footballers get worse every week, Rudd made sure he booted Viera on the way down, Viera acted like a child and tried to kick him, the Rudd acted like a child and made out he tried to hack his legs off with a sword, then the dive for a penalty, then most of the Gunners acted like children at then end:rolleyes:

The Diplomat
21-09-2003, 20:32
And this was supposed to be the top 2 teams in the land.... what a sorry sight, what a great advert for what is meant to be a sport. :rolleyes:

gazzae
21-09-2003, 20:33
Well he is:shrug:

Footballers get worse every week, Rudd made sure he booted Viera on the way down, Viera acted like a child and tried to kick him, the Rudd acted like a child and made out he tried to hack his legs off with a sword, then Rudd dived for a penalty, then most of the Gunners acted like children at then end:rolleyes:

Sorry? What match were you watching?
Rudd jumped for a header, Viera leaned over and Rudd landed on him, for this he got a yellow card. Viera then kicked out at Rudd who then moved back. He didn't fall to the ground and roll about.
He dived for a penalty??? you sure you watched the match?

The point I was making, is the he calls Rudd a cheat, after his own player cheats the week before - the ref even rescinded the yellow card he gave the Portsmouth player.

imback
21-09-2003, 20:41
Sorry? What match were you watching?
Rudd jumped for a header, Viera leaned over and Rudd landed on him, for this he got a yellow card. Viera then kicked out at Rudd who then moved back. He didn't fall to the ground and roll about.
He dived for a penalty??? you sure you watched the match?

So Man U supporter then? Rudd, stuck is leg into Viera on the way down, did you not see it? When Viera swung at RVN he jumped out of the way like he had a hammer swung at him, even though he was well out of reach of Viera's leg.

And yes he did dive for the penalty, that kind of incident hapens 5 times a game and no one gets a penalty for it, so made an effort to make it look really good.

Yes I did watch the game, although I wish I hadn't it was really boring, other than Ronaldo, it was a waste of time.

Atomic22
21-09-2003, 20:44
Originally posted by paulyoung666
funny , i have just been talking to my mate who watched the game and he reckoned both teams played like ****e , but then he is a boro fan and they won
boro won?????? really?????? did the opposition turn up?????

gazzae
21-09-2003, 20:46
So Man U supporter then? Rudd, stuck is leg into Viera on the way down, did you not see it? When Viera swung at RVN he jumped out of the way like he had a hammer swung at him, even though he was well out of reach of Viera's leg.

Both were in the wrong, both got yellow cards.

And yes he did dive for the penalty, that kind of incident hapens 5 times a game and no one gets a penalty for it, so made an effort to make it look really good.

Funny, I though it was Forlan who went down under the pressure from Monkey Man.

imback
21-09-2003, 20:49
Both were in the wrong, both got yellow cards.

Funny, I though it was Forlan who went down under the pressure from Monkey Man.

I said both were wrong mate:confused:

I didn't say it wasn't Forlan that dived under normal pressure:confused:

gazzae
21-09-2003, 20:52

I didn't say it wasn't Forlan that dived under normal pressure:confused:

HUH?

You said RVN "dived" to win the penalty.
Where infact it was Forlan "won" the penalty.

paulyoung666
21-09-2003, 20:55
boro won?????? really?????? did the opposition turn up?????

tee ****in hee , yes they did which is more than man u did if i remember correctly ;)

Atomic22
21-09-2003, 20:57
tee ****in hee , yes they did which is more than man u did if i remember correctly ;)
aha thats why boro beat man utd then , we never turned up hehe

imback
21-09-2003, 21:04
HUH?

You said RVN "dived" to win the penalty.
Where infact it was Forlan "won" the penalty.

I think you will find that I type RVN name by mistake since I had typed his name so many times, and then went back and edited it, it was a mistake, I corrected it:)

Bottom line of it, Rudd kicked/kneed Viera on the way down, Viera threw a leg that was never going to hit him, and then Rudd made sure the ref knew about it, so yes he is a cheat:)

gazzae
21-09-2003, 21:10
When I play foodball and somebody tries to kick me I'm pretty sure I'd always move back, its instintive, but I guess I'm a cheat too.....

The fact is that if Veria hadn't reacted then he wouldn't have been sent off. Its his fault, not RVN's

imback
21-09-2003, 21:17
Hey mate, I think Viera deserved to go, don't see why you are having a go at me :confused:

So when you are playing fotball and somone tries to kick you do you jump out of the way 2secs late while making eye contact with ref, and making that "send him off" face? Cos if you do, yes then you too are a cheat:) ;)

paulyoung666
21-09-2003, 21:18
aha thats why boro beat man utd then , we never turned up hehe

roll up roll up , place your bets please , boro v man u , if you are brave enough ;)

gazzae
21-09-2003, 21:55
roll up roll up , place your bets please , boro v man u , if you are brave enough ;)

I'd put a wee bet on, even give boro minus a goal. ;)

gazzae
21-09-2003, 21:56
Hey mate, I think Viera deserved to go, don't see why you are having a go at me :confused:

Sorry mate.

Steve H
21-09-2003, 22:12
The point I was making, is the he calls Rudd a cheat, after his own player cheats the week before - the ref even rescinded the yellow card he gave the Portsmouth player.

Pires didnt actually dive against portsmouth, Im not sure whether he was fouled or not, The portsmouth player DIDNT deserve a yellow card, but it was a penalty, He infringed on a goal scoring oppurtunity.

imback
21-09-2003, 22:16
Pires didnt actually dive against portsmouth, Im not sure whether he was fouled or not, The portsmouth player DIDNT deserve a yellow card, but it was a penalty, He infringed on a goal scoring oppurtunity.

Pires put his leg out so he could fall over the other player, Pires should have got booked for it, no penalty that's for sure.

imback
21-09-2003, 22:17
Sorry mate.

No problems these things happen:)

paulyoung666
21-09-2003, 22:47
I'd put a wee bet on, even give boro minus a goal. ;)

even after man u's recent past record against the boro :p :p :p

yesman
21-09-2003, 23:41
The attack on Ruud Van Nistelrooy by the Arsenal players after the final whistle was an absolute disgrace.
The Players concerned and Arsenal Football Club should be fined heavily by the FA, and also have points deducted.
Arsenal have accrued 52 red cards in 7 seasons, which is more than other clubs get yellow cards.
If Wenger cannot address the clubs poor disciplinary record, then the FA should set the example by doing it for him.

imback
22-09-2003, 01:19
Originally posted by yesman

If Wenger cannot address the clubs poor disciplinary record, then the FA should set the example by doing it for him.

Why? Who cares how many reds they have had? They give Man U the title last year cos they had players suspended, so the punishment works:)

Atomic22
22-09-2003, 20:37
Why? Who cares how many reds they have had? They give Man U the title last year cos they had players suspended, so the punishment works:)
nah they gave us naff all......we just kept winning all our games in the second half of the season and arsenal kept blowing it , they got turned over by teams they shouldnt have even if five of their first team were suspended and missing , they blew results at places like bolton etc where they had the game won....they need to spend more of their spare time training instead of on the phone to the sun bleating about refs/manu/injurys/too many games/transfer windows/new ground/no sugar in tea/chippy too far away/price of shopping in sainsburys and everything else they bleat about etc etc etc

paulyoung666
22-09-2003, 21:21
nah they gave us naff all......we just kept winning all our games in the second half of the season and arsenal kept blowing it , they got turned over by teams they shouldnt have even if five of their first team were suspended and missing , they blew results at places like bolton etc where they had the game won....they need to spend more of their spare time training instead of on the phone to the sun bleating about refs/manu/injurys/too many games/transfer windows/new ground/no sugar in tea/chippy too far away/price of shopping in sainsburys and everything else they bleat about etc etc etc

how about if they were paid a bit less , maybe then they would turn out there best performance week after week , and then how about paying them sweet fa now that really would make them sit up until they won , sorry this is my pet hate about football overpaid prima donnas :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
waits to be flamed from some idiot who cant see the wood from the trees ;)

Atomic22
22-09-2003, 21:24
yup they all get paid way too much for way too little work and no one can argue with that

Atomic22
27-09-2003, 21:10
another fine win for the mighty man utd and another three goals for ruuudy golden boots...thats his reply for everyone at arsenal calling him a diver last week.....talk about pot and kettle when they have Pires the greatest french diver since jacques cousteau playing for them

Reddevil63
27-09-2003, 21:41
another fine win for the mighty man utd and another three goals for ruuudy golden boots...thats his reply for everyone at arsenal calling him a diver last week.....talk about pot and kettle when they have Pires the greatest french diver since jacques cousteau playing for them

Yes good win for the BEST team in the premier league.

Great comment about Pires. lol:D

TigaSefi
27-09-2003, 22:18
oh come on it was only Leicester, wait till you come up against a real team like Arsenal.... oh you have...oh well :p

kronas
28-09-2003, 02:20
oh come on it was only Leicester, wait till you come up against a real team like Arsenal.... oh you have...oh well :p

oh you mean arsenal who cant seem to go a game without diving cheating or something promiscuous such as that :p

TigaSefi
28-09-2003, 08:43
Well you didn't win did ya despite your best intentions of getting Arsenal players sent off :p

kronas
28-09-2003, 15:05
Well you didn't win did ya despite your best intentions of getting Arsenal players sent off :p

excuse me ?

they got themselves in to bother 6 players and the club charged it was there own doing :nono:

Atomic22
30-09-2003, 19:45
i hope ruudy is on as good form against stuttgart

iadom
30-09-2003, 23:04
Ever so slightly off topic, but perhaps not if you read the first post.

Just how well are Stoke City doing in Div 1 at the moment,:LOL:

carlingman
01-10-2003, 00:44
Yes good win for the BEST team in the premier league.

Great comment about Pires. lol:D

Oh and there was me thinking the best team in the premiership would be top of the premiership.

:cool:

Atomic22
01-10-2003, 20:08
Oh and there was me thinking the best team in the premiership would be top of the premiership.

:cool:
they will be when it counts on the last day of the season again..oh and 8 times champions in the last 11 years makes them the best unless my school taught me to add up wrong:dunce:

TigaSefi
01-10-2003, 23:23
Haha :-)

Steve H
01-10-2003, 23:40
Nice result :LOL:

Oh, Stoke? Not to bad actually.. good start, Fading off at the moment, Just need to get themselves back together - Not too bad for a team that's been put together for peanuts :) Its not as if we're gonna get promoted, We dont have millions like Manu.

yesman
01-10-2003, 23:55
Haha :-)
It's so re-assuring to note that you never miss an opportunity :blah:

However, tonight, United were cr*p.
OShea needs to take a holiday, Gary Neville needs to be replaced, Ronaldo should have been booked for diving.

Bring Beckham Back.

Grumble Grumble.........

Atomic22
02-10-2003, 00:09
hehehe at least ruudy scored apart from that we were crap

Atomic22
04-10-2003, 20:47
another fine win for the boys today....ruud scored another penalty.....you know we seem to get a penalty every time we play nowadays.....i wonder if theres any truth in the rumour that all the refs are closet man utd fans?

Russ
04-10-2003, 20:50
Yes they are always Man U fans remember.... :rolleyes:

TigaSefi
04-10-2003, 22:35
lol they have been for the last 10 years.

Atomic22
06-10-2003, 19:46
lol they have been for the last 10 years.
surely you mean 11 years?

yesman
15-10-2003, 20:33
At Last, Wenger must have finally been to specsavers :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3194690.stm

Atomic22
16-10-2003, 19:41
hehehe yeh they all deserve a 5 match ban and wenger deserves a 5 match touchline ban for being blind

carlingman
17-10-2003, 00:56
hehehe yeh they all deserve a 5 match ban and wenger deserves a 5 match touchline ban for being blind

Yeh and if its one rule for one and one for another lets just hope that when the Football Association is to give a report to Uefa as part of the official investigation into the melee which erupted at half-time against Turkey they haul England over the coals as well as Turkey.

Perhaps they should dock England some points and Turkey and drop them into the play off Zone and do a redraw.

Would love to see Wales home to England at the Millennium stadium.

:)

Atomic22
19-10-2003, 20:15
another fine away win for the boys in red...bout time keano got on the scoresheet...
regarding the other teams , chelski v gooners was a good game but a draw would have been a fairer result...boro outclassed the toon and lost....posh peed on poor pool.....oh and somehow spurs won
apparently united have made their best start in ten years but they are still a point behind the gooners

Atomic22
23-10-2003, 19:32
very good away win to beat the men in tartan skirts...we need to give stuttgart a good thrashing at trafford now to make up for the away loss.....oh and arsenal were diabolical on tuesday

kronas
23-10-2003, 20:52
are we going to get this every week?

lol why not we are that damn good atleast we can win in europe no correction we have won the champions league a few years ago unlike chelsea and *cough s**tenal *cough :p

paulyoung666
23-10-2003, 20:57
lol why not we are that damn good atleast we can win in europe no correction we have won the champions league a few years ago unlike chelsea and *cough s**tenal *cough :p

oh how i love all this 'we' stuff :sick:

Nor
23-10-2003, 20:58
There wasn't any Scots in the starting line up Atomic :) so no skirts I'm afraid.

kronas
23-10-2003, 20:58
maybe every week one of you should put all the results rather than one team.

*points to title of the thread

enough said :smokin:

TigaSefi
25-10-2003, 17:48
Come on FULHAM!! destroy the Mighty Mighty Man Utd....... :D :D :D :rofl:

Russ
25-10-2003, 18:05
Bugger

TigaSefi
25-10-2003, 18:06
yes that what my gf's brother said when he realised he shoulda put £10 on his team to win 9 to 1 :D

kronas
25-10-2003, 18:07
the result does not suprise me fulham have been playing well and i dont think we have been preforming to our usual standards the past few games......

kronas
27-10-2003, 21:59
fulham haven't been playing well, there last game they were 2-0 up and lost 2-3.

1 match they were unlucky but previous games they have been playing well also there league position shows that.....

Atomic22
01-11-2003, 20:22
another fine win for the mighty reds against portsmouth...ronaldo gets off the mark with a stunning free kick (becks who?)......diego scores again and keano as well...
keano theres only one keano

Atomic22
05-11-2003, 19:13
hehehe yawn indeed morris man
another great result against the men in skirts and diego now scores his 4th goal in 4 games.....hes on a roll
ruudy is back and keano bossed the game.......
a brilliant result for chelsea at lazio as well.....

yesman
05-11-2003, 20:03
Well, I hope this is just paper talk http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/sport/football/manchesterunited/stories/Detail_LinkStory=71977.html

Atomic22
06-11-2003, 19:46
no real may bid for owen but ruud will be at united for at least 5 more years

kronas
08-11-2003, 02:54
no real may bid for owen but ruud will be at united for at least 5 more years

yes ruud van nistelrooy will be here for a long time to come i hope owen goes to real to prove how crap he is :p

Atomic22
09-11-2003, 20:55
yes ruud van nistelrooy will be here for a long time to come i hope owen goes to real to prove how crap he is :p
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

diego tormented the scousers last year and it was giggsys turn this year.....another fine win for the mighty man utd

Tricky
09-11-2003, 20:57
Watched this on Sky with the FanZone commentry, what a laugh - Both the liverpool and man utd fan going guns at their own teams. What a shambles both teams played like (I am a liverpool fan btw) It should have stayed a 0-0 draw because neither team deserved to win. IMO.

Russ
09-11-2003, 21:06
Yeah whatever - it always gives me a nice cosy feeling when we beat the Scouse :D :D

imback
09-11-2003, 21:23
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

diego tormented the scousers last year and it was giggsys turn this year.....another fine win for the mighty man utd

I think you'll find Dudek tormented Liverpool last year, and he done it again today.

Suprise, suprise no penalty for 'pool at the end, what a shock :banghead:

imback
09-11-2003, 21:27

A) didn't most of guys tell me in the spring that there was no way Man U would sell Beckham ;)

B) If Owen is so bad how come all of the following have rated him as a world class player : Pele, Rudd VN, Ronaldo, Alex F, Vieri, Zidane and Roberto Carlos.

Out of that list 5 of them were world or European player of the year, and 2 of them are with Man U in some way. So lets keep to the truth and not just random insults hey ;) :D

Russ
09-11-2003, 21:41
There's NO WAY Owen can be called crap.

TigaSefi
09-11-2003, 22:49
If they don't play for **** utd, then they is **** according to **** Utd supporters :p and plus that was a penalty but hey Fergie paid off the ref again. I see Nistelrooy was so desperate for a goal he had to resort to handballs

Russ
09-11-2003, 22:50
And let me guess, both Giggs goals were offside..... :rolleyes:

TigaSefi
09-11-2003, 22:59
Actually now u mention.... :) lol give me credit, i didn't mention anything about offsides this time.

kronas
10-11-2003, 00:09
There's NO WAY Owen can be called crap.

ok ok i will be fair........

if it wasent for his pace he would be a division 3 player only just :LOL:

imback
10-11-2003, 03:21
if it wasent for his pace he would be a division 3 player only just :LOL:

I love narrow mindedness, even when it is as a joke, really I do ;)

People talk about him being nothing but pace, when in the truth he has lost a lot of of his speed over the last few years, he has bulked up. Next comes he is one footed (it's normally the next argument) he scored 40% of his goals last season with his left foot.

Then we have but he has never proved himself on the big stage, 20 goals a season for his club even when they have been playing ultra defensive for 3 seasons, an amazing scoring record for his country.

Any more? :D

Liverpool should have had a penalty, but they didn't, that's life, in all fairness if Mr H would take Heskey off the pitch any one of the other strikers on the team would have finsihed that one at the end.

It was an entertaining game, Dudek was bad and would think he will be bench warmer for a bit. Kewell was our best guy again, and Pongolle looked so exciting that I hate that he has to start on the bench while Heskey gets picked first choice strkier.

iadom
10-11-2003, 11:00
It's fortunate that G.Poll and not Mr Durkin was the ref. Did you see that appalling decision in the Chelsea v Newcastle game. I think it may just have been a penalty at Anfield and even Sir Alec thought a draw would have been a fair result.
Still a good 3 points though.:)
Edit. M Owen is a very good player BTW.

gazzae
10-11-2003, 11:22
Was a good game. I was on tenderhooks after Liverpool equalised. Great tackle by Silvester on Murphy, lucky for us that Heskeys feet went from under him!

As for the penalty decision, nine times out of ten those are given.

iadom
10-11-2003, 12:35
Was a good game. I was on tenderhooks after Liverpool equalised. Great tackle by Silvester on Murphy, lucky for us that Heskeys feet went from under him!

As for the penalty decision, nine times out of ten those are given.
When did Liverpool equalise.??;)

gazzae
10-11-2003, 12:45
When did Liverpool equalise.??;)

DOH! :dunce:

imback
10-11-2003, 13:54
You know I hate Man U fans a lot less lately, I have been chatting to loads that said they were lucky, or if it wasn't for hekseky being a donkey etc etc.

I must be feeling ill :D

kronas
10-11-2003, 14:00
I must be feeling ill :D

or (finally) you have woken up to the fact we are a good team every good team needs a bit of luck :p

imback
10-11-2003, 14:26
or (finally) you have woken up to the fact we are a good team every good team needs a bit of luck :p

No, I still hate the team, just a lot of the fans I have spoken to today and yesterday see almost human (almost). Maybe they are preparing to finish below Chelsea and Arsenal this year and making their excuses now :D

Atomic22
10-11-2003, 20:26
No, I still hate the team, just a lot of the fans I have spoken to today and yesterday see almost human (almost). Maybe they are preparing to finish below Chelsea and Arsenal this year and making their excuses now :D
hehehehe i will categorically state my case now that man utd will win the league again this year.........also we will get to the champions league final
chelsea and arsenal will fight for 2nd and 3rd but both end up 6 points behind us

insert witty retort below

Atomic22
10-11-2003, 20:36
Then we have but he has never proved himself on the big stage, 20 goals a season for his club even when they have been playing ultra defensive for 3 seasons, an amazing scoring record for his country.

Any more? :D
the only thing is owen scored 20 goals in the 20 games a season he regularly plays for liverpool....if he ever managed a full season instead of his normal half liverpool wouldnt be 9th in the league and taking another home beating they can ill afford.....also england would have one less regular injury worry.......no great player has ever spent half his career on the treatment couch as owen does (and yes i do like owen)

oh and it was me who slipped the ref the bung this week

kronas
10-11-2003, 22:00

hate a bit strong using that word i like the rivalry it pushes the envelope for improving the quality of football on the pitch i think chelsea will do well a top 4 finish for certain with arsenal its just that man utd will be top again like or hate it that is what will happen

Atomic22
11-11-2003, 20:01
when liverpool won 5 trophies a few years ago, in three of the games in three of the tournaments the team they were playing should of had penalties but were not given, so thats three cup's liverpool wouldn't of had if it weren't for the ref so it goes both ways.
5??? obviously all minor trophys because they havent won the championship or the champions league since they were inaugerated...prolly the worthington cup or sommat...or that cup winners cup thing they used to run in europe years ago
ah well the scousers have to have sommat to remenisce over to their kids..."when i were a lad pool were a top team son"........"pull the other one grandad"

Atomic22
13-11-2003, 20:28
worthington cup, fa cup, charity shield, uefa cup and the european super cup in the 2000/2001 season.
ahaaaa wasnt that the year we pulled out of the fa-cup to give everyone else a chance.....
worthington , charity shield and super cup are all minor trophys.....
eufa cup is worth winning though as a substitute for the real thing.....are the pool still in it this year?:PP:

Russ
13-11-2003, 20:38
Sad to hear that Owen hinted he might move on - still never mind, at least they won't be referred to as a one-man-team any more if he does go :D

kronas
13-11-2003, 20:52
Sad to hear that Owen hinted he might move on - still never mind, at least they won't be referred to as a one-man-team any more if he does go :D

instead it will be no mans land :smokin:

kronas
13-11-2003, 22:55
manchester united are said to be eyeing up a 'young chinese boy' in the words of sir alex ferguson......

Dong Fang Zhou is his name 18 years old a bid has been submitted thought to be in the region of £1milli on pounds although his club say its more then that

real madrid and inter milan are interested in the star although he has been to old trafford and scored in a reserve game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3266765.stm

gazzae
13-11-2003, 23:14
ahaaaa wasnt that the year we pulled out of the fa-cup to give everyone else a chance.....

Nah that was the year before. The year in question was when we exited the FA cup due to the infamous Di-Canio - Barthez hand-in-air incident.

Atomic22
14-11-2003, 19:21
Nah that was the year before. The year in question was when we exited the FA cup due to the infamous Di-Canio - Barthez hand-in-air incident.
hehehe i know that i was just extracting the urine from the scousers:spin:

yesman
16-11-2003, 01:09
Hmmm Interesting, anyone heard of this guy ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_football/3237303.stm

kronas
16-11-2003, 01:24
Hmmm Interesting, anyone heard of this guy ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_football/3237303.stm

not me but all i hear is that he is talented not seen him play though