PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Paul K
27-10-2004, 17:31
Well carrying on from
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=326989&postcount=25
To recap, we lost our service yesterday and the nice gentleman at TS decided we needed an engineer visit to figure out why our SACM was refusing to acknowledge the NTL broadband servers.
During the booking of the engineer I made it very clear that neither of us would be home before 5pm today as we both work,
"Fine" said NTL TS bod "We'll book the engingeer for 5.30-8.30pm so that you have time to get home."
To which I replied "Excellent, so that's definately 5.30-8.30pm wednesday then?"
"Definately 5.30-8.30pm and it looks like your SACM needs replacing or the cable is faulty." NTL TS responded.........
so why is it that we got home today at 5.15pm to find a card telling us that an NTL engineer had been and gone at 4.15pm finding no-one at home? To finish it all off we then picked up the phone and found we received a message at 4.06pm telling us the engineer was outside our door waiting :confused:
Luckily (at the moment) our connection is back again but for how long we don't know but why is it that a time is set because people are at work and then the engineer rolls up 90 minutes early and then leaves as no-one answers the door? I spent 80 minutes on the phone on Tuesday morning to CS/ TS and now I find that it was wasted time :mad:
Is it me or has the engineer taken liberties by arriving early knowing no-one would be home? Surely he should have waited till the allotted apointment time :(

punky
27-10-2004, 17:46
In all the times I have had an engineer come out, except the last one, (about 4 from memory), I don't think any have ever turned up in the alloted time. Some will turn up early, but if you aren't there, they should always come back when you are supposed to be.

NitroNutter
27-10-2004, 17:47
Another £200 or so of wasted NTL customers money. Is this one of the reasons for these continual price hikes that NTL keep introducing

NTL boardroom:
Q how can we make up for the expense of all the blunders?
A. we will increase speeds slowly accross all tiers and just increase prices on 1 of the tiers each time, that way the customer will think they are getting more for free and blagging 1 price hike per increase will be easy to get away with ;)

Boardroom: mutter mutter mutter - Good idea ok thats today finnished which pub we going to

MetaWraith
27-10-2004, 17:53
sounds a very familiar tale to me

Paul K
27-10-2004, 17:58
In all the times I have had an engineer come out, except the last one, (about 4 from memory), I don't think any have ever turned up in the alloted time. Some will turn up early, but if you aren't there, they should always come back when you are supposed to be.
This has always been my experience too, we're now waiting to see if he will pop back but by the card and the message on the phone it seems we will have to re-book due to the engineers' early arrival :mad:
The members of NTL staff that frequent this forum always do their best to fly the flag for NTL and try to dis-prove all the nightmare stories people hear about useless CS/ TS/ Engineers, long waits for an answer etc and then you get an engineer mess things up by something as silly and annoying as not keeping to his allotted and agreed upon appointment :( It's those members of staff that create the problems for people like Debs, BB31, MB etc and I can only say that I feel sorry for them as they often have to put up with rants on the phone caused by this sort of thing.

punky
27-10-2004, 19:19
I can understand when you have jobs, and appointments, particularly with travelling time, they aren't going to line up perfectly. I think the engineer should be able to juggle his/her appointments into the most efficient way. If he arrives an hour early, instead of leaving a card, swap this job with the next one., and come back.

I am guessing though, that the engineers don't get told of these times. When I am given an appoinment the times are very wide, and I think that they think their organization is such as it will line up, and don't tell the engineers that they should be somewhere only aftre 5:30pm.

Maggy
27-10-2004, 21:18
Well it could just be that the person giving the info to the engineer just didn't care enough or that the engineer didn't care enough either.There are plenty of such people working for other companies that do exactly the same damned thing as well.

As long as they get their pay check why should they care that you are inconvenienced.After all you can just waste more of your time arranging another appointment or do what this engineer thought you should have done which is to take time off work.

NOW I KNOW THIS IS NOT TRUE FOR EVERY NTL EMPLOYEE so don't take it the wrong way because PLENTY of NTL employees do take pride in their work.They are just let down by useless feckless uncaring colleagues.

Hurray for every NYL employee who has ever done what they said they would or have gone beyond what they should have done.As for the others :mad: .