Originally posted by dellwear
http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=500506#post500506

Ntl propaganda :rolleyes:

:confused:

did i miss something here?

how is that propaganda? :shrug:

Shaun
16-08-2003, 18:07
We took the decision this week to place the URL of the other site in our filter, due to some extreme spamming, and the confusion caused by the near identical look of the other site.

The spamming at first was terrible, thanks Craig

Why can't people leave things in the past?

Russ
16-08-2003, 18:08
Surely by leaving the url of this site in their filter they are leaving things in the past??

Shaun
16-08-2003, 18:18
Originally posted by Russ D
Surely by leaving the url of this site in their filter they are leaving things in the past??

Originally posted by Craig J
We took the decision this week to place the URL of the other site in our filter, due to some extreme spamming, and the confusion caused by the near identical look of the other site.

Russ
16-08-2003, 18:24
Yeah ok I read that, but surely if you put anything in the swear filter you're leaving it the past as it can no longer be mentioned?

Can some please tell me if I'm missing the point here?? I've had a bit of a lazy day off and I'd like to think my brain hasn't totally turned to mush...

Shaun
16-08-2003, 18:25
It also doesn't help the reputation of this site when people are posting things like:

Originally posted by Stuart W
In a nutshell, if you want to make derogative comments about ntl, .co.uk
If you want help with an ntl problem, .com
:eek:

grum1978
16-08-2003, 18:50
Originally posted by dellwear
It also doesn't help the reputation of this site when people are posting things like:

:eek:

if you read the whole of that post he says he has no problem with this site then he went on to post something which is his personal view of things at the moment. Thats the way i see it anyway :)

Stuart
16-08-2003, 20:29
Seems that .com don't want the competition..

Macready
16-08-2003, 20:39
lol filter that off here because of the "spamming"
:p

Chris
16-08-2003, 20:50
The day community.ntl.com was announced and nthw.co.uk launched, there was spamming of this site in extremis by our very own Russ D on .com. They were happy to put up with it at the time, I assume because none of them knew exactly what the implications of the change were for them and they wanted to keep their options open.

Now things have settled down I wonder if they have reason to be more confident that they will continue to have a settled role and have no need to tolerate nthw.co.uk any more.

I can't think of any other reason; AFAIK the only other site they *** out is ntlhell, and surely they're not suggesting this site is anything like that one? We're quite nice about nthw.com on the whole...

ic14
28-08-2003, 17:37
OK this is an old thread but its relavent
Have a look at this post on .com: http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=505798
Specfically post 12
Originally posted by Sociable
But then again it would appear the main reason for his posting here is to spam on behalf of the other site anyway.
It seems none of the members of this site can post on there without being accused of spamming,:rolleyes:

Maggy
28-08-2003, 17:59
Originally posted by ic14

It seems none of the members of this site can post on there without being accused of spamming,:rolleyes:

Well I can and I don't get accused of anything.Mainly because I have the tact not to place anything do with this site in my signiture.After all it's not necessary.I post there as a member of that site.I post here as a member of this site.If I had a link or a signiture or avatar that was refering to that site then it would deserve some comment.After all BOTH sites have rules about spamming.
So please,lets not try to start ANOTHER war.That site isn't the enemy.NTL'S poor service is the real target.

Incog

:)

Ramrod
28-08-2003, 21:57
Originally posted by Incognitas
Well I can and I don't get accused of anything.Mainly because I have the tact not to place anything do with this site in my signiture.After all it's not necessary.I post there as a member of that site.I post here as a member of this site.If I had a link or a signiture or avatar that was refering to that site then it would deserve some comment.After all BOTH sites have rules about spamming.
So please,lets not try to start ANOTHER war.That site isn't the enemy.NTL'S poor service is the real target.

Incog

:) Hear! Hear!:)

andygrif
28-08-2003, 23:33

Completely agree with this. It doesn't make it any easier to discuss ntl's poor service when some of the (nameless) admins over the road do seem to take it on themselves to start attacking some users for voicing their concerns though.

Russ
29-08-2003, 08:03
Originally posted by Shabba
Russ seems to be given special treatment as well as .com is concerned!

Yeah right, whatever, I'm *very* surprised that you'd come out with something like that... :rolleyes:

ntluser
29-08-2003, 08:29

Incog

The fact that there are two sites shouldn't make a difference. I post quite happily on both sites as there are issues of interest for me on both.

I treat them as separate sites and discuss the current issues on the site I am on. Both sites have something different to offer and generating an 'internet' war between the two sites is just ridiculous and a waste of valuable resources.

As for NTL's service, you can criticise (or praise) it on both sites provided that you do so in a reasonable way and provide evidence to back up your remarks. More often than not if they think you have a fair case the 'mods' will step in with offers of advice or assistance.

Let's keep the two sites as places where you can have high quality debate and discussion about issues of mutual interest and not fall into the quagmire of an inter-site slanging match.

Russ
29-08-2003, 08:43
Originally posted by ntluser
Let's keep the two sites as places where you can have high quality debate and discussion about issues of mutual interest and not fall into the quagmire of an inter-site slanging match.

Absolutely - there will be no 'them versus us' bickering on here.

Russ
29-08-2003, 17:51
I posted links - they are now in the censor list. I get no favourable treatment on .com - if anything my behaviour is closely watched because I 'know the ropes'.

Stephen Robb
31-08-2003, 15:58
Ah, but don't forget that as well as .com and .co.uk and community.ntl.com, there is also NTLHell.co.uk, cm-forums.co.uk and digitalspy.co.uk which cover most of the subjects .com and .co.uk do! Really, at the end of the day, does it really matter who owns what! Everybody who contributes to these sites is either, middle of the road ntl:/Telewest/CW, pro ntl:/Telewest/CW or anti ntl:/Telewest/CW and there's no way that will change!

I'd even bet that the Administrators of one site knows exactly what's going on on the other sites anyway! It's a bit like the old saying; you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!