PDA

View Full Version : Franz Kafka works for NTL

buzz
21-10-2004, 20:05
Well, it's been real fun for my poor sister over the last week. Cable modem really, really slow on usb, so change to ethernet. Whoops, doesn't work. Ring NTL. Yes, something wrong with your modem. Will send engineer. No engineer. Ring NTL. No log of any conversation. Test modem. No, nothing wrong with it, but there is an issue in the area. Will cancel non-existent engineer. Still nothing (days are passing). Ring NTL. No log of previous conversation/s. Test connection. Your modem is faulty.

Well, this has gone on all week, and every time without fail there has been no log of any of the conversations. Tonight's offering is -test modem. Yes, it's faulty (fifth diagnosis of this, including my own). Loose wiring or shot component or parrot got its beak caught in the cable. No log (needless to say) of anything prior, but will instruct faults to replace the modem.

My sister is receiving therapy but certainly not the internet.

Scrubbs
21-10-2004, 20:13
I know it's a bit late but.....get the names and ext number so you can quote it back to them

buzz
21-10-2004, 20:30
Thanks. Yes, quite.

I actually slightly misrepresented this, as I now understand the conversations with Tech Support were logged but the passing on to the engineers weren't (hence no engineers). My sister also said that Support were invariably pleasant, despite the varying theories about any faults.

Stop press: they've just rung my sister to say an engineer will call tomorrow with a replacement modem. Personally I'll watch for the flying pigs overhead, but you never know!!