PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol abuse - getting the message accross

Halcyon
20-10-2004, 23:15
Hi,
I would appreciate your views on this.
I'm currently developing an interactive guide to inform people about the dangers of excess alcohol and the problems that can be associated with it, eg. drink driving, health problems, depression, bing drinking, etc.

The main aim is to get away from the typical sites that offer only pages and pages of text that really drive people away and do not keep them interested.

I'm thinking of developing an interactive flash application that will include games and trivia about drinks, some video and images, and clear bullet point information. It will be built as a kind of interactive pub interface with info.

The main target audience is students but alcohol problems can hit anyone.

So my question (and part of my research) is, what would keep you interested , make you want to browse such an application, and what would you like to see included ?

Thanks for your replies.
Its really appreciated.

kronas
20-10-2004, 23:19
if i was someone who was an addict i would like to know what i could do about it, instead of being told its bad for your health etc i think the guide should explain about the various ways of finding help and why alcohol is not the answer.

you could do a Q&A and test a persons knoweldge on alcohol and what affects it has on the body.

i dont know if thats of any use to you.

Halcyon
20-10-2004, 23:37
yeah thats heplful. Thanks Kronas.

bopdude
20-10-2004, 23:47
Hi,
I would appreciate your views on this.
I'm currently developing an interactive guide to inform people about the dangers of excess alcohol and the problems that can be associated with it, eg. drink driving, health problems, depression, bing drinking, etc.

:erm: Are you sure your gonna have enough time, what with setting up an audio empire, a speech / presentation to deliver ..... breathing :D

I don't wanna sound like i'm putting you down, just sounds to me your trying to bite off a big chunck of the pie :shrug:

One thing at a time mate..... work first ( meat on table ) :tu:

Macca371
20-10-2004, 23:53
Maybe shock treatment? :shrug: We hear almost every week how 'alcohol is bad for you', 'smoking is bad for you', etc, and I usually ignore them to be honest, but the smoking adverts certainly got me thinking 'Christ, I don't want to end up like that', and encouraged me to give up.

I wouldn't over shock them though if I were you!

Just random shocking facts, pictures of kidneys with alcohol poisoning (if they look any different :shrug: ), maybe textual testimonies by people who became ill from kidney failure or something.

I remember in one of our Science lessons when we had a long glass tube with a cigarette at one end, cotton wool in the middle and we lowered the pressure in the middle of the tube, and you could see the smoke going through the cotton wool as it was drawn out of the cigarette. The cotton wool went completely black with tar and it demonstrated what it was doing to smoker's lungs. And it really makes you consider it much more than the old 'smoking is bad for you'.

Gone off subject here you were talking about drinking :erm: :D

Halcyon
21-10-2004, 09:46
Thanks for the tips.