PDA

View Full Version : Price Reduction coming ?

IanUK
20-10-2004, 10:03
There is a posting on the DigitalSpy Cable forums that a member has received a letter from Telewest regarding price reductions for broadband from November, for example the 1.5 meg service is being reduced from £37.99 to £35.00.

Will NTL follow suit I wonder ?

cheers

Ian

Graham F
20-10-2004, 10:13
The £37.99 price on telewest is for people that take no other product, however with ntl they charge the same so i would be suprised if they did at the moment!!

Chris
20-10-2004, 10:14
We can hope - Cable Broadband is starting to look expensive next to certain ADSL products. At the moment, however, I wouldn't bet on it. NTL needs the cash and sadly they seem to have lost the edge that gave them a head start in the Broadband market in the first place. That said, the recent speed increases are widely seen as a 'catch up' with Telewest. It's all a little opaque, especially as TW and NTL aren't really competitors anyway.

etccarmageddon
20-10-2004, 16:34
I cant see it happening - not so soon after increasing the price from £35 to £38.

The price will drop when 1mb - 1.5mb becomes the 'norm' as some ADSL suppliers (e.g. wannadont) are trying to achieve.