PDA

View Full Version : Connection Probs in Hatfield

Littlelegs
15-08-2003, 22:17
DNS problems yesterday.
Today I have DNS probs and also I now get terrible lag/loss on any Counter strike server and some are even timing out.

They mention DNS on their status posted 3 days ago. I only started having probs yesterday .... Is this another prob NTL are unaware of?

Anyone else having similar probs?

cp123
16-08-2003, 12:16
Hi
I'm in Welwyn Garden City and i'm having no probs

johnnycocktail
16-08-2003, 12:20
I've been having DNS Problems in Ware Herts for about 4 days now, on off on off on off

jemnery
16-08-2003, 17:39
Intermittent DNS probs (nothing too serious, just mildly annoying) in Hitchin Herts this week.

Seems fine today though.

SMHarman
16-08-2003, 19:37
Intermittent DNS and speed problems in Hertford also.

Seems to be load related as there were no problems at 1am, but loads at 9pm last night.

I was wondering if the MSBlast was not helping matters. Its still attacking me at a silly rate. Another 527 attempts so far today.

Emperor Ming
17-08-2003, 11:48
Well they ca'nt have it both ways :eek:
one min telling all and sundry to get firewall for msblast then telling them to switch off :spin:

ntlhome Internet Service - All areas
ntlhome internet customers in all areas may currently be experiencing connectivity problems.

This is due to a technical fault affecting one of our DNS clusters. It may manifest itself as a delayed connection to any services such as browing web pages and collecting/sending email.

The issue is compounded by firewalls performing reverse DNS lookups attempting to identify the source of worm related traffic. We would ask that if you are able to do so, you disable the reverse lookup (sometimes called backtrace) feature in your firewall for traffic of this nature. This will not reduce the protection that your firewall affords you, but may increase the performance of your connection and that of others.

Our engineers are currently working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause:eek:

your lord and master Ming

Richard M
17-08-2003, 14:46
I have terrible DNS issues at the moment, I can't get onto nthw.com or any of my favourite sites. :(
Time to start up that old DNS server methinks...

Littlelegs
17-08-2003, 15:31
Mine all seems ok now. Pages are quick and I can once again play CS!

johnnycocktail
17-08-2003, 18:52
mine is still rubbish :mad:

Littlelegs
17-08-2003, 23:00
Take that back. Pages slow again (not as bad as Friday)

Getting bad spikes in Counter-strike.

Visibleman
18-08-2003, 15:24
got the same here in bedford - its on off on off, up down up down. Get bad lag and spikes in CS and have just general slowness :(
They say to disable the reverse DNS in our firewalls, can this be done in ZoneAlarm?

johnnycocktail
26-08-2003, 23:00
still slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!:mad: