PDA

View Full Version : And you think NTL CS is bad.....

kink
15-08-2003, 19:38
Was on the phone with a friend who lives in Scotland earlier this evening and she asked me if i'd heard about this news story, so i looked it up........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3154173.stm

:eek:

I'm not an ntl customer but have had dealings with British Gas salesmen over the last couple of years.... one incident in particular where the darstedly little oik tried to con my mother (and english is not her mother tongue) into signing a form that would have changed her electrictiy provider to British Gas.. he'd told her that her signature was to ensure that she'd get the rebate that all BG customers were entitled to at the time..... Thankfully i walked in on the lying swine and he was dealt with :grind:

Many complaints have already been made about British Gas salesmen and their lying tactics to get customers to sign up for their electricity.... but Scottish Gas has managed to surpass their British counterpart :rolleyes: :shrug:

Anyone else witnessed this sort of bullyboy and thuggish behavior? BG and SG can't be the only ones.... but they are major players.... and you thought ntl were bad! :naughty:

ic14
15-08-2003, 19:39
Errr fix the link Kink...

kink
15-08-2003, 19:46
Originally posted by ic14
Errr fix the link Kink...

Fixed :D

It's an italian national holiday today... and what can i say? I've been celebrating :naughty: :p

Mr_Burns
15-08-2003, 19:52
Nice :eek:

I've had a lot of people knocking on the door trying to get me to change gas/electricity supplier, but I won't change on principle of not signing contracts on my doorstep and I don't believe that they will really save me any money even though they guarantee it.

kink
15-08-2003, 20:01
Originally posted by Mr_Burns
Nice :eek:

I've had a lot of people knocking on the door trying to get me to change gas/electricity supplier, but I won't change on principle of not signing contracts on my doorstep and I don't believe that they will really save me any money even though they guarantee it.

Well... the nasty little man from BG that spoke to my mother didn't say that he was selling anything... well not before i caught him out and had to admit it and was he ashamed for having been caught out with a blatant lie?? Well NO!! :afire: ...... he just said that he needed her signature for the rebate.... and as he said.... she did want to get the money that she was entitled to.... and that she wouldn't if she didn't sign :******:
yes i'm angry!!! :afire:
When he was shown up to be the lying and unscrupulous toad that he was.. he said that we should sign for the electricity anyway... but refused to hand over any information leaflets and to give us time to think about it, we had to sign there and then.... and if we changed our minds that we could cancel within the specified time :erm:
Well.. we can see from the news story above what a useless action that would be ;)

He didn't come back again :p

Mr_Burns
15-08-2003, 20:10
There don't seem to be any regulations about the way they sell, though. They can make up any bull**** they like to try and get your signature on the contract.

Your story sounds a bit similar to mine in that they weren't selling anything ( :rolleyes: ) they were trying to save me money. I also asked for information before I made up my mind, but they wouldn't leave anything so I told them to sod off (politely though).

homealone
15-08-2003, 20:11
If it was a massive advantage, they wouldn't have to sell it so hard, shirley?:)

Guess I'm an old fashioned guy when it comes down it, I like to buy me Gas from the Gas Board, me Electric from the Electricity Board, me Water from the Water Board - & everything else from the Supermarket!:)

I've had 'em round, one spoke to me & was turned away - they phoned the next day & spoke to my wife & tried to convince her I had agreed to the transfer:(

kronas
15-08-2003, 20:12
i had this with npower women comes to the door and says that she is from npower and they had taken over from yorkshire electricity which is true and want to supply us with gas and offered us a rebate i said to her i do NOT want to change providers as soon as she finished her sales BS

she asks why ?

i said we are very happy with our current provider british gas they are value for money and are reliable

she shakes her head and says 'well sir you will save money from us blah blah show me your gas bill please' i said no im happy with the service i recieve from my current provider bye LOL right on my doorstep

i forgot one thing we have had 3 power cuts this year since they took over i would have b*****ed her for that and told her where to go if i remembered at that moment :mad:

kink
15-08-2003, 20:17
[Snippity snip]...... also asked for information before I made up my mind, but they wouldn't leave anything so I told them to sod off (politely though).

Ahhhhh.... you were polite.... i think that's where our experiences are different :p But then he did think that by calling me sista that it would somehow get me on side and ensure a sale :rolleyes:
I couldn't get over the fact that he wasn't even fazed that he'd been caught out trying to con us and that he didn't seem to think that it would affect his prospect of a sale!! :eek:

But Scottish Gas has really taken the biscuit..... crumbled it into the carpet... and then used their boots to crush it in :(

Mr_Burns
15-08-2003, 20:18
Originally posted by homealone
If it was a massive advantage, they wouldn't have to sell it so hard, shirley?:)

You're right, and don't call me shirley:D

kink
15-08-2003, 20:22
Originally posted by kronas
[Snippity snip]....i said we are very happy with our current provider british gas ...they.......are reliable.... [Snippity snipped]

Hi Kronie!! :wavey: :kiss:

Well that's the thing.... my parents have always been BG customers.... and trust them.... they've always seen it as a national institution :erm:
They really had never considered that they would be lied to in this way.... but they do now :(

But breaking into someone's house???? :cry:

Madness :spin:

kink
15-08-2003, 20:25
You're right, and don't call me shirley:D

How about Sharon? :naughty:

Mr_Burns
15-08-2003, 20:26
Originally posted by kink
How about Sharon? :naughty:

Well.......OK.....but only at the weekends ;)

Mr_Burns
15-08-2003, 20:27
Doesn't a warrant to gain entry into private property have to be obtained through the Police and the Court?

Ramrod
15-08-2003, 20:30
[b]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3154173.stm eek:

I'm not an ntl customer but have had dealings with British Gas salesmen over the last couple of years.... one incident in particular where the darstedly little oik tried to con my mother (and english is not her mother tongue) into signing a form that would have changed her electrictiy provider to British Gas.. he'd told her that her signature was to ensure that she'd get the rebate that all BG customers were entitled to at the time..... Thankfully i walked in on the lying swine and he was dealt with :grind:Like to have been there.....:rofl:

kronas
15-08-2003, 20:35
Hi Kronie!! :wavey: :kiss:

Well that's the thing.... my parents have always been BG customers.... and trust them.... they've always seen it as a national institution :erm:
They really had never considered that they would be lied to in this way.... but they do now :(

But breaking into someone's house???? :cry:

Madness :spin:

hello kinky :luv: :wavey:

IMO its totally wrong and disgusting the way compaines get away with such decit and lies to people but i think its rather down to the individuals who are canvassing door to door the pressure is on them to sign up people to earn commision they should be blamed largely but im not letting the compaines off they are the ones that train these liars :2up:

kink
15-08-2003, 20:35
Originally posted by Ramrod
eek:

Like to have been there.....:rofl:

Am just remembering you in the prison thread.... intruders in your house.... reasonable force.. :naughty:
Only thing is.. this time.. i would have been helping you to aim..... the bazooka :p

kink
15-08-2003, 20:39
Doesn't a warrant to gain entry into private property have to be obtained through the Police and the Court?

In this scottish case, it looks like a warrant was in place.... but the absurd thing is.. the meter that was removed wasn't even a Scottish Gas/Electricity one :shrug:
I thought the police had to be present for a warrant to be put into effect.... but i must be wrong :)

Ramrod
15-08-2003, 20:39
Am just remembering you in the prison thread.... intruders in your house.... reasonable force.. :naughty:
Only thing is.. this time.. i would have been helping you to aim..... the bazooka :p :D

danielf
15-08-2003, 23:32
If I were the abused party in the Scottish Power case, I would be pushing for a lot more than the 250 quid that was offered.

They broke into the people's home!!! (with a warrant), and they offer 250?????

Lord Nikon
16-08-2003, 01:02
Well.......OK.....but only at the weekends ;)

From the age of the avatar I would have suggested GEORGE Burns lol

Theodoric
18-08-2003, 21:51
Fixed :D

It's an italian national holiday today... and what can i say? I've been celebrating :naughty: :p
Ah yes, Ferragosta is it not?

Undisputedtruth
18-08-2003, 22:06
At the moment I'm in the process of transferring all my services over to Powergen. They have a good reputation for customer services and are capable of telling the truth and know a thing or two about decent customer services. I spoken to quite a few of them so I know from experience.

I shall make sure the gas and electricity does not turn into another NTL situation. Enuff said.

kink
18-08-2003, 22:25
Originally posted by Undisputedtruth
At the moment I'm in the process of transferring all my services over to Powergen. They have a good reputation for customer services and are capable of telling the truth and know a thing or two about decent customer services. I spoken to quite a few of them so I know from experience.

I shall make sure the gas and electricity does not turn into another NTL situation. Enuff said.

Well, as long as NTL didn't break into your home to fix your STB when you clearly didn't want them to.... it still puts them in a higher league than British or Scottish gas ;)
Hopefully, Powergen will live up to your expectations.... and their post-sell service will be as good as their apparent pre-sell one :erm:

Originally posted by Theodoric
Ah yes, Ferragosta is it not?

Yes :D But, the whole month is a bit of a holiday nationwide.... More significantly, it was Santa Assunta.... my mother's name... but not the Saint bit obviously ;)

Stuart
18-08-2003, 22:59
Well... the nasty little man from BG that spoke to my mother didn't say that he was selling anything... well not before i caught him out and had to admit it and was he ashamed for having been caught out with a blatant lie?? Well NO!! :afire: ...... he just said that he needed her signature for the rebate.... and as he said.... she did want to get the money that she was entitled to.... and that she wouldn't if she didn't sign :******:
yes i'm angry!!! :afire:
When he was shown up to be the lying and unscrupulous toad that he was.. he said that we should sign for the electricity anyway... but refused to hand over any information leaflets and to give us time to think about it, we had to sign there and then.... and if we changed our minds that we could cancel within the specified time :erm:
Well.. we can see from the news story above what a useless action that would be ;)

He didn't come back again :p

I usually deal with door to door salesman by saying that I am not interested. If they ask why, I say it's none of their business. I someimes also add that if I am interested in a product, I will contact the supplier.

If all that fails, f*** off usually works.

carlingman
19-08-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by scastle
I usually deal with door to door salesman by saying that I am not interested. If they ask why, I say it's none of their business. I someimes also add that if I am interested in a product, I will contact the supplier.

If all that fails, f*** off usually works.

Myself prefer this one.

Picture the scene as I am at my sister in laws house with the whole front of the house visibly fitted with upvc windows and door including barge boards and guttering when a knock at the door arrives from a stay brite windows rep.

Her husband answers the door to the usual patter "good evening sir i am from stay brite windows can i interest you in our products blah blah"

Now after he politely shows the guy the whole front of the house is already done and shows him the rear of the house as well which again is all done in upvc windows plus doors the stay brite rep still persists with his sales patter about conservatorys etc.

At this point he invites the sales rep in and asks him to take a seat in the living room and 2 minutes later my sister in law arrives with a tape measure and aks the rep to stand up which he does and she starts measuring him up.

At this point he looks a little bemused and asks myself and her husband what is going on so he gets the reply nothing to worry about she is just measuring you up for a new suit as she is a tailor to which the rep replies but I dont need a new suit and they reply we dont want new windows or doors or conservatorys either now f off.

The rep shall we say seen the funny side and like an idiot quickly scarpered.

Funnily enough since then they have never had stay brite reps attend the house.

:D

Xaccers
19-08-2003, 03:16
Didn't a load of Virgin Power sales reps sign people over by targetting kids in the street and offering them free CD's if they signed the transfer papers? (without telling them what they were)

Nemesis
19-08-2003, 08:59
Morning everybody, :wavey:

We've had this alot from door to door, and from approaches in the street.

We tried it once ...... bad mistake.

We tried to change to Virgin Electric !!!! vvv cheap and in the end vvvv WRONG.

They are all scheming little bar stewards. The change never actually too place as they were sooooooooooooo incompetant.

Now anyone who phones, knocks or stops us in the street gets told "We rent, it's not ours, cant help you" hehehehe :D

Got this from a friend, who rents, works a treat now. :D

Jehovas though ..... just don't get me started. Bloody Salespeople :mad: :2up: