PDA

View Full Version : invalid ip address

bopdude
12-10-2004, 10:21
hi gs n girls, need some help please. i lost my connection this morning and now i'm stuck, have run ipconfig, network connection and command prompt, pinged the addy given but it was unable to resolve, thats my lot, now if you peeps in the know could help me the usual scoobie snacks are on offer.

posting from the xda so please be patient, or you can get me on msn

tia

SOSAGES
12-10-2004, 10:27
so u cant get on the web through ur ntl connection?

if so then tuen ur modem off for a bit then back and then phone em up not a lot we can do here im afraid.

bopdude
12-10-2004, 10:34
yeah, sorry i forget to mention that i've powered down the modem and pc, rebooted and still nothing, the repair tool says working ok, i have downstream light flashing, any ideas

SOSAGES
12-10-2004, 10:50
well how u connecting? and what modem is it .. and if just the downstream lights flashing i can only assume u have a fault in ur area so give em a ring.

bopdude
12-10-2004, 16:00
well how u connecting? and what modem is it .. and if just the downstream lights flashing i can only assume u have a fault in ur area so give em a ring.
Sorry for the late reply, excuse to follow, in answer to your question, I contacted ntl, no faults in the area, what ensued is ............

Well, I have had to format my pc, dont know what went wrong last night, lost connection couldn't get back on this morning, I was on the phone for 43 mins to TS no joy, tried uninstalling SP2 ( their advice ) no joy, tried system restore, no joy, soooooooo format :(

Just re-installing bits a bobs, but i'm back