PDA

View Full Version : cut -off on B/B

desbrad
10-10-2004, 16:49
hi im on the 600k broadband and its just been upgraded, my problem is that im getting more and more random disconnections at first it was 2 or 3 times a day now its twice as much.
i have a NTL HOME 120 and i have a belkin 4port router which drives two pc's i have had no problems at all before i was upgraded any one have any ideas??
i live in the manchester area, im on win xp pro running zonealarm pro, i dont think its pc trouble i think it maybe server trouble but im only guessing.....

Tezcatlipoca
10-10-2004, 17:14
:welcome:

Have you phoned Tech Suport?

Have you tried connecting one of the PCs to the modem directly & seeing if you have the same problem?

desbrad
10-10-2004, 22:09
Hi before the upgrade all was fine so im sure its not the pc's at fault. i just wanted to ask before i ring and get ready for a long wait to get through to the help desk
cheers

Graham M
10-10-2004, 22:45
It could possibly be that your line signal was strong enough to manage 600k without too many problems but not quite enough to manage 750k (especially when you are stressing the connection) You need to get an engineer out to check the signal strength, etc I reckon as I had this problem when I got the upgrade.

HTH
:D

Chris W
10-10-2004, 22:48
browse to 192.168.100.1 - username and password both root and post the details from there (NB not the mac address for security reasons)