PDA

View Full Version : BB provider - any suggestions?

johnw
08-10-2004, 16:03
Hi everyone! Since this is my first post i'd like to say i like these forums! Have found some pretty helpful stuff just browsing.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend a bb provider for me. I'm looking for an UNCAPPED 512kb line. With bt at the mo and not too keen on their impending 15GB/month cap!
Cheers, jw.

Ignition
08-10-2004, 16:34
Recommend you check out http://www.adslguide.org.uk - it has more ADSL info on it than this site and shows reviews of ISPs as well as having a much more ADSL-centric forum.

johnw
08-10-2004, 17:13
Cheers ignition, have already been to that site, was really looking for second opinions!! Thanks!

Stuartbe
08-10-2004, 17:15
I use Nildram www.nildram.net and have found there service second to none, allways up and there customer service is fantastic !

paulyoung666
08-10-2004, 17:21
good grief , cant anyone even :welcome: the guy to the site :D :D :D :D

Chris W
08-10-2004, 17:24
:welcome:

I thought seeing as this is a cable forum, i would point out ntl and telewest. Ntl do have a 1gb guideline/ cap but this is not rigourously enforced, and i am not sure whether telewest have a cap, but it might be worth investigating.

Stuartbe
08-10-2004, 17:26
Wrist slapped Paul :D

My apologies Johnw.... Where are my manners ???

A great big warm :welcome: to the site... I am the resident looney in case you wondered :D

ian@huth
08-10-2004, 17:39
:welcome:

I thought seeing as this is a cable forum, i would point out ntl and telewest. Ntl do have a 1gb guideline/ cap but this is not rigourously enforced, and i am not sure whether telewest have a cap, but it might be worth investigating.

For the sake of completeness, if you do live in a NTL cabled area you could always use AOL broadband supplied via NTL cable. This is advertised as 600kb for £24.99 pm with NO cap. I don't know if this is being / has been increased to 750kb in line with NTLs speed increases, perhaps others on here are in the know.

scrotnig
08-10-2004, 18:24
For the sake of completeness, if you do live in a NTL cabled area you could always use AOL broadband supplied via NTL cable. This is advertised as 600kb for £24.99 pm with NO cap. I don't know if this is being / has been increased to 750kb in line with NTLs speed increases, perhaps others on here are in the know.
As far as I know, it is, but AOL are currently still advertising it at 600k.

If the original poster is in a cable area, that is agood bet. AOL's customer service and support is excellent. However, their compulsory software is crap.

Why, why, why can AOL not make their software optional? They would then attract not just new users who need hand-holding, but also power users who know what's what.

I am not one of those who hate AOL, I just hate their software. Remove the compulsion for that, and they are a damned good ISP actually, I know it is unfashionable to say so.

paulyoung666
08-10-2004, 18:53
As far as I know, it is, but AOL are currently still advertising it at 600k.

If the original poster is in a cable area, that is agood bet. AOL's customer service and support is excellent. However, their compulsory software is crap.

Why, why, why can AOL not make their software optional? They would then attract not just new users who need hand-holding, but also power users who know what's what.

I am not one of those who hate AOL, I just hate their software. Remove the compulsion for that, and they are a damned good ISP actually, I know it is unfashionable to say so.

and if i may i will second that :tu:

johnw
08-10-2004, 23:55
Thanks people, i'll check it out! :clap:
Ps. Thanks for the warm welcome too!