PDA

View Full Version : Payment Centre Call Back?

MovedGoalPosts
14-08-2003, 12:51
So I phoned the payment centre this morning about 10:00. After about 5 minutes in a queue I was answered quite poilitely, to be told, sorry all our advisors are busy at the moment, but if I take your number we'll call you back. I duly gave my number, and when asked why I was calling I said I wanted to pay a bill, and sort our why the direct debits kept bouncing.

The obvouis question is: why make more work by taking messages and calling back some time later?"

For a company that is next to skint, you would think there would have been a prioritisation of getting your jhands on some loot. So when will they call back?

grum1978
14-08-2003, 13:27
from experience they will call you back at some point today. Just out of curosity which area are you from?

Russ
14-08-2003, 13:53
I have to disagree with Grum here - I've only ever been offered this 3 times and each time I've not heard anything again.

The funny thing is, the very people who take your number are normally the advisors who you'd speak to sort out your querie in the first place.

MovedGoalPosts
14-08-2003, 13:58
Originally posted by grum1978
from experience they will call you back at some point today. Just out of curosity which area are you from?

I'm in Addlestone, Surrey. I'll be happy to be surprised and look forward to the call. I will update the forum, if and when the call comes in. In the meantime, i'm not. for the moment looking for assistance, just patiently awaiting the call back.

My initial post and especially the poll was meant to be a little tongue in cheek, although there is a serious point behind it. More to establish an rationale of whether ntl's customer service is up to the mark, or percieved to be up to the mark.

ntl I want to part with my cash, as painlessly as poss which is why I need to work out with you why between you and my bank the DD keeps going wrong. Because the dd wont work you keep wanting to add an admin fee of £2 per month - I dont want that or the hassle, of worriying about whether the bill is paid (and yes my account has always had plenty of dosh in it).

Chris
14-08-2003, 14:31
Originally posted by Russ D
The funny thing is, the very people who take your number are normally the advisors who you'd speak to sort out your querie in the first place.

I imagine the theory is that when the call queue gets toooo long, the agents switch from dealing with queries to just answering the phone and promising callbacks in order to shorten the queue. That way, people aren't on hold for ages and are less likey to get hot under the collar.

Of course, they then have to go back and return those calls during a quieter period, but seeing as ntl has sacked loads of people I imagine the few poor souls left answering the phones never have a quieter period.

MovedGoalPosts
14-08-2003, 16:02
Well I'm pleased to advise they have called me back and taken my credit card payment.

BUT, the direct debit has foxed them, and as they are about to go home (it's only 4:00pm?) it was inconvenient to them to resolve the Direct Debit issue, so I'm waiting another call. Let's wait and see shall we?

Russ
14-08-2003, 16:05
I stand corrected!

Well done NTL :) Keep up the good work peeps!

Nemesis
14-08-2003, 16:17
Originally posted by MovedGoalPosts
I'm in Addlestone, Surrey.

Me too!! Small world

grum1978
14-08-2003, 16:21
Glad they got back to you...lets see if they can it again with refrence to your DD ;)

MovedGoalPosts
15-08-2003, 18:05
So having got my credit card money yesterday, did they call back today as promised so as to sort out the DD issue (conflict between ntl and my bank which needs ntl to change their claimed references if it's to be resolved), did they heck. Why am I not surprised?

handyman
15-08-2003, 22:16
Grum I think its time for you to step in and offer your services to this gent in need. You know you wanna:)

grum1978
15-08-2003, 23:01
wish i could mate not somewhere i can help with soz ppl :(

MovedGoalPosts
19-08-2003, 12:42
So I gave up waiting for the payment centre call back, and after getting my latest bill today which said I was"seriously at risk of being cut off", called again. Surprisingly got straight through!

Was told there is some sort of conflict between ntl and Royal Bank of Scotland (and Halifax as well) Direct Debit systems. Has been going on since last February, and noone really knows why (the computers are taking over). So haveing deleted / cancelled all exisitng DDs ntl are going to try and set up yet another one.

I'll know sometime September if it works.