PDA

View Full Version : channel 120 showing worm fix now.

handyman
14-08-2003, 12:14
hi,

You will now be able to see information on removing the msblaster worm on channel 120 (langley) chan 9 (bromley)

I sure that you have already done this your selves but will be very useful for recomending to people not as skilled as the forum members.

Looks quite good from the bit I saw on the portable near me.

Ben
14-08-2003, 12:55
Havn't seen it but I think its kinda a good idea :tu:

Marge
14-08-2003, 15:37
Yeah have seen it and yeah it's good

but

most of the customers I speak to have BB connection via the STB not Cable Modem. It only mentions the Cable Modem connection and I know it's going to confuse the STB customers who will scratch their heads and then ring us

quadplay
14-08-2003, 17:47
It'll especially confuse people who find that their Local Area Connection disappears when they unplug the USB cable just as it shows... :rolleyes:

But at least they're trying to do something! There's nothing about it at all on the Demon site, and on BTOpenWorld's site, you have to look at the broadband service status before you see any mention of it (three clicks from the homepage).

handyman
14-08-2003, 18:33
Originally posted by Debsy42
Yeah have seen it and yeah it's good

but

most of the customers I speak to have BB connection via the STB not Cable Modem. It only mentions the Cable Modem connection and I know it's going to confuse the STB customers who will scratch their heads and then ring us

It refers to removing the connection from the rear of the pc as far as i have seen, this will be the same for all customers stb or sacm.

Also if the cable is removed after the pc has started up then the usb lan should show in the network settings.

*waits to be proved wrong*

Bill Payer
14-08-2003, 22:37
:tu: What's this?
NTL do something sensible with one of their channels!
My hat goes off to the guy who thought of this.