PDA

View Full Version : New installation

badnbusy
06-10-2004, 17:13
Hi all.

My sister signed up for ntl broadband about 3 weeks ago. The installation date she chose (earliest) was this Friday (8th October).

Now, since its a standalone cable modem being installed, will she need a broadband PID and other details to be able to "register" the modem on https://autoreg.autoregister.net ?

I shall be installing it for her, and i refuse to use the crappy ntl installation cd that comes with the package.

PS. I will be installing via ethernet of course.

She has not received confirmation that the 8th October is the correct installation date and has not received any welcome letters at all.

Is there any ntl Customer service rep that can look into it for me?

Thanks in advance,

James

paulyoung666
06-10-2004, 17:25
afaik she / you will need the details to register , why not ring ntl up and ask them what the score is , it is free so i dont see why it is a chore to do it , tbh wait times seem reasonable at the moment :)

scrotnig
06-10-2004, 17:52
Hi all.

My sister signed up for ntl broadband about 3 weeks ago. The installation date she chose (earliest) was this Friday (8th October).

Now, since its a standalone cable modem being installed, will she need a broadband PID and other details to be able to "register" the modem on https://autoreg.autoregister.net ?

I shall be installing it for her, and i refuse to use the crappy ntl installation cd that comes with the package.

PS. I will be installing via ethernet of course.

She has not received confirmation that the 8th October is the correct installation date and has not received any welcome letters at all.

Is there any ntl Customer service rep that can look into it for me?

Thanks in advance,

James
Almost right.....you'll need a PIN, not a PID. PID's are for set top box broadband.

Your sister should have received a welcome letter with the PIN on it, if this has not arrived, PM me and I'll find the PIN for you.

badnbusy
06-10-2004, 17:58
well ive been on hold for 30 mins and no luck. This is why i posted here, ntl are always too busy to answer when I call. *sigh*

scrotnig
06-10-2004, 18:00
well ive been on hold for 30 mins and no luck. This is why i posted here, ntl are always too busy to answer when I call. *sigh*
Just PM me if you've had no letter. I'll get you a PIN by hook or by crook.

badnbusy
06-10-2004, 18:00
Thanks Mark. Have PM'd the info

scrotnig
06-10-2004, 18:02
Thanks Mark. Have PM'd the info
Cheers...will sort this tomorrow.

badnbusy
06-10-2004, 18:04
Many thanks.

stu673
13-10-2004, 15:55
How do you get hold of the PIN? My girlfriend has been in the same situation for a week now (SACM installed but no welcome letter/PIN) and have been on to ntl everyday about it. What details do you need off me to get a PIN? ;)

Chris W
13-10-2004, 16:03
How do you get hold of the PIN? My girlfriend has been in the same situation for a week now (SACM installed but no welcome letter/PIN) and have been on to ntl everyday about it. What details do you need off me to get a PIN? ;)

The pin should have arrived in a welcome letter

if your girlfriend has not had one, pm me the house number, postcode and name and i'll have a look into it.

stu673
14-10-2004, 16:11
Thanks, was just about to give the info to you but just got a call saying they finally got it through..

Cheers anyway :)

Halcyon
14-10-2004, 16:18
As for the NTL software, you do not need it.