PDA

View Full Version : Annual Travel Insurance

Mike
05-10-2004, 11:02
Hi all

CAn anyone recommend a company for annual travel insurance for a family.

Thanks

Nemesis
05-10-2004, 11:05
Marks and Spencer ot Tesco's

I think Mark's is better

orangebird
05-10-2004, 11:15
www.insureandgo.com

Have used them for the past 3 years on an annual basis - can't beat them! :)

gary_580
05-10-2004, 11:37
www.nationwide.co.uk

Used them for that past 2 years

Mr_love_monkey
05-10-2004, 11:40
www.insureandgo.com

Have used them for the past 3 years on an annual basis - can't beat them! :)
Dang, beat me to it. :)

I found these to be one of, if not the, cheapest around.
I've never claimed from them, so in that sense I don't know how good they are, but what they offer is the same as all the other companies, they just charge a lot less.

I was able to get annual, worldwide (including USA) insurance, for 2 of us for £83. (That's between us, not each).
:tu:

SMHarman
05-10-2004, 16:00
The American Express Platinum card is a good way of doing this, though not necessarily the cheapest.

altis
05-10-2004, 16:18
A few ideas in this thread ;)
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13884

etccarmageddon
05-10-2004, 16:30
go to www.moneysupermarket.com and get a quote - you'll find a really cheap policy there.

sherer
05-10-2004, 16:55
i use www.direct-travel.co.uk

very good value from what i see and not had a problem.. made one claim when I lost my sunglasses and got the money back.. even though it was my fault.

i remember when we went on holiday with my uncle's family as well.. my auntie used a different insurance firm that was dearer because this company only payed out £2 million if you died and it wasn't your fault :Yikes:

gary_580
05-10-2004, 17:11
Dont forget some policies are cheaper but the benefits might not be the same. Make sure your comparing apples with apples

SMHarman
05-10-2004, 17:32
Dont forget some policies are cheaper but the benefits might not be the same. Make sure your comparing apples with apples
This was where I was coming from with the AMEX policy.
If your scheduled flight is delayed over 4 hours then you get £200 for meals / accomodation (each), at 6 hours a further £400 can be claimed for hotel accomodation (so you can stay at the airport hotel, not the sit in a shuttle bus for 3 hours while we take you to a cheap off airport hotel option), missed connections also qualify for a similar £200 spend and all can be claimed on the same flight.
AMEX luggage delay, if delayed by over 6 hours you have £750 to spend on replacement essential clothing and toiletaries, a further £1000, if delayed by 48 hours.

Purchase protection and refund protection

Additional Suplementary Liability Insurance on Car Rental in North America (an additional premium will cover CDW if you rent over there more than 2 weeks a year it is worthwhile).

Cover is automatic up to 80 too.