PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters to re-release TOCA for Xbox - Full online support - Budget price

Caspar
13-08-2003, 13:09
spong.com (http://spong.com/index.asp?art=5378&date=20030813) have just report this!

Full XBL support and for only £20, to be released within the next 3 to 4 months ;)

ic14
13-08-2003, 13:11
:eek:
But can you trust spong,
They have reported somethings that turned out false.
Still if its true, might be worth a go!
12 players aint too bad!!

Reddevil63
13-08-2003, 16:57
Oh YES!! I have the game but will get rid off it if this is true.

Caspar
21-08-2003, 15:50
Here's an update from Gamespaper.com, found here (http://www.gamespaper.com/news/CodemasterstakeTOCAtoXbo.shtml).

£29.99

Full XBOX Live support :D

Release October

I'll be buying this one ;)

XiceWolf
21-08-2003, 16:37
I prefer PGR to be honest and as money doesnt grow on trees in Scotland, i might have to give this live game a miss.

Zorilla
03-10-2003, 15:11
There is an advert for this on this months OXM!
(It says it's OUT NOW!!)

For on-line play it says that all 42 cars, 38 circuits etc are unlocked

Also says that you get 2 months FREE trial of XBOX Live!

Anyone bought this?
How much?

Zorilla

Boom
03-10-2003, 15:46
Not to rain on anyones parade here but I thought we knew was coming over a month ago. Can't remember if I saw it here or on BxB.

IC its quite true and will be released towards the end of this month.

Never played the original but might give it a go in our car heavy online play. Again what room is there for NFS now?

ic14
03-10-2003, 16:14
Not to rain on anyones parade here but I thought we knew was coming over a month ago. Can't remember if I saw it here or on BxB.

IC its quite true and will be released towards the end of this month.

Never played the original but might give it a go in our car heavy online play. Again what room is there for NFS now?Well i should be getting it ;)
And NFS will still be good boom, just cus its an EA game :rolleyes:

Boom
03-10-2003, 18:26
Well i should be getting it ;)
And NFS will still be good boom, just cus its an EA game :rolleyes:

No it won't, cause it won't be live! LOL! Who's gonna play that when we have like 5 decent online by the time it gets released? Its gonna get trampled by PGR2! :D

ic14
03-10-2003, 18:28
PGR2 will be nothing special.......

Runs away from the flames
Anyway boom i bet even if it was live youd hate it ;)

Boom
04-10-2003, 07:04
PGR2 will be nothing special.......

Runs away from the flames
Anyway boom i bet even if it was live youd hate it ;)

Not jumping for that bait. :D

If it was live, I'd consider it, but again it would have to at least 8-player online and, as Xice says he would have hard time considering TOCA when there's so many other racers out, so then most Xbox owners would have the same dilemma with so many online racers already available or soon to come out.

I'm sure NFS will sell well on other platforms, I just see a huge struggle for attention on Xbox thats all.

Boom
06-10-2003, 15:46
Just to add to the NFS Xbox pain another driving game to be released for Xbox Live. Not that I've played the original Modellista so it could be complete cack.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=53431

ic14
06-10-2003, 16:59
Boom, stop bad mouthing, every EA game on xbox,
Just because its not live :rolleyes:

And as for Auto Modellista, Its based on the much improved US GC version ;), oh and it was on BXB a few weeks ago ;)

zerolight
07-10-2003, 09:04
Boom, stop bad mouthing, every EA game on xbox,
Just because its not live :rolleyes:

And as for Auto Modellista, Its based on the much improved US GC version ;), oh and it was on BXB a few weeks ago ;)

He's not badmouthing every EA game on the Xbox. But the fact is, not supporting Live is a mistake. Racing against computer cars gets dull and easy after a while, especially when u've sampled online racing. NFS and the rest of the offline only racers are going to struggle against PGR2, Toca Online, and Sega GT Online. I have no intention of buying any racing game thats not online, because I know I wont play it. The competition against human opponents is what makes me keep coming back for more.

I'm a fan of many EA games. I love Madden for instance. But Sega's NFL series is online, and that means I buy Sega instead of Madden. Then me and my mate can have really good games even when we cant make it to each others houses, better infact because we cant watch each others strategy.

As for Fifa. You only have to play PES/WE to know how bad Fifa is. I bought a GC and Freeloader specifically to play WE6FE because its better than Fifa by a country mile. However, if Fifa was on Xbox Live, I'd buy it, because that would add a new dimension to the game. Even though it would still be inferior, I'd be able to play it against human opponents whenever I wanted.

EA are boycotting the best thing about the Xbox. That's Live. I'm not boycotting EA, and neither is Boom, we're just choosing to buy buy Live enabled games wherever possible. And its a sad fact that EA aren't going to join the party. For virtually every EA game out there, there is Live counterpart by somebody else. They will get chosen every time.

Boom
07-10-2003, 10:21
EA are boycotting the best thing about the Xbox. That's Live. I'm not boycotting EA, and neither is Boom, we're just choosing to buy buy Live enabled games wherever possible. And its a sad fact that EA aren't going to join the party. For virtually every EA game out there, there is Live counterpart by somebody else. They will get chosen every time.

Well said zerolight! :D

I think everything he said about our reasons for buying other games is correct.

oh and it was on BXB a few weeks ago

Last time I checked this forum isn't bxb. I'm sure there are duplicate threads on both boards. Unfortunately Cas isn't a mod for both. :D