PDA

View Full Version : Wanna know which kind of people should be tortured and stabbed?

Jerrek
13-08-2003, 05:08
People that wear socks with sandals.

IT IS STUPID

If you're gonna wear sandals, do it properly and don't put socks on. And keep your feet groomed plz, I really don't want to see 1/4" nails. :spin:

Xaccers
13-08-2003, 06:07
Hey it's an English tradition!
Like wearing knotted hankies on yer head :D

zoombini
13-08-2003, 08:16
Unfortunately in some UK companies there are those stuffy, draconic manager types that insist that men wear socks with sandals.

Despite this being blatantly sexually discriminating, they get away with it.

Me, I'm a rebel, no socks, no tie & next I'm working on being able to wear shorts!

Russ
13-08-2003, 08:18
Originally posted by Xaccers
Hey it's an English tradition!
Like wearing knotted hankies on yer head :D

In that case thank the Lord I'm Welsh :D

And keep your feet groomed plz, I really don't want to see 1/4" nails

Erm...why are you getting close enough to people's feet to be able to see the length of their toenails? Are you very short maybe?

Jerrek
13-08-2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Russ D
Erm...why are you getting close enough to people's feet to be able to see the length of their toenails? Are you very short maybe? No, I'm 6'1". But when I see someone I do look at their hands and feet and hair... Just to see how well they take care of themselves.

I wear jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers to work.

Oh and feet turn me on... :D

Ramrod
13-08-2003, 13:28
Originally posted by Jerrek

IT IS STUPID

If you're gonna wear sandals, do it properly and don't put socks on. And keep your feet groomed plz, I really don't want to see 1/4" nails. :spin: I'm with you on this one:D

danielf
13-08-2003, 14:37
Better still. Don't wear sandals. THEY LOOK SILLY

Jerrek
13-08-2003, 15:39
No, they look cool :D And it feels great being able to wiggle your toes whenever you want to and feel the breeze go through your toes...

Russ
13-08-2003, 16:07
No, I'm 6'1".

I was right then ;) :D

zoombini
13-08-2003, 16:15
But they let the rain in?

We would only need them for about 3 weeks of the year, hardly makes them worth buying. lol

Ramrod
13-08-2003, 16:40
No, they look cool : I'm not with you on that one:D

Jerrek
13-08-2003, 19:06
A person wearing sandals is more appealing to me than a person wearing socks and sneakers. I dunno, I just really like it... Wearing it myself and seeing other people wear sandals.

And what does it matter if it rains? Your feet will get dry again...

Ramrod
13-08-2003, 20:04
A person wearing sandals is more appealing to me than a person wearing socks and sneakers. I dunno, I just really like it... Wearing it myself and seeing other people wear sandals.

Feet?....no. Ankles....yes, a nice pair of ankles on a woman.....mmmmm:D

...though she has to have nice feet as well:)
....legs......bum.......:spin: :D

Theodoric
13-08-2003, 22:41

IT IS STUPID

If you're gonna wear sandals, do it properly and don't put socks on. And keep your feet groomed plz, I really don't want to see 1/4" nails. :spin:
I have been told this so many times by my younger relatives, that is never wear socks with sandals, that I finally gave in and now wear my sandals sockless.

However, I have never been given a sensible answer as to why it is unfashionable to wear socks with sandals. So, come on; a reason please. Simply saying that it's stupid is just a cop out.

danielf
13-08-2003, 22:45
Originally posted by Theodoric

However, I have never been given a sensible answer as to why it is unfashionable to wear socks with sandals. So, come on; a reason please. Simply saying that it's stupid is just a cop out.

There is no sensible answer. It is fashion. The words fashion and sensible are mutually exclusive ;)

Theodoric
13-08-2003, 23:01
Originally posted by danielf
There is no sensible answer. It is fashion. The words fashion and sensible are mutually exclusive ;)
Ah, well, if it's fashion you can't win, can you. :)

Thinks. Good God! I'm fashionable, fashionable I tell you!

PS Any other hints on what I need to do to become even more fashionable?

danielf
13-08-2003, 23:05
Ah, well, if it's fashion you can't win, can you. :)

Thinks. Good God! I'm fashionable, fashionable I tell you!

PS Any other hints on what I need to do to become even more fashionable?

Wear a shoulder bag with the strap over the 'other shoulder'. I went to secondary school in the early eighties. I cannot bring myself to do it....

Ramrod
13-08-2003, 23:08
I have been told this so many times by my younger relatives, that is never wear socks with sandals, that I finally gave in and now wear my sandals sockless.

However, I have never been given a sensible answer as to why it is unfashionable to wear socks with sandals. So, come on; a reason please. Simply saying that it's stupid is just a cop out. Sandals are an item of footwear that expose the feet to air because it is too hot to wear shoes.
Socks are an item of clothing that you wear to stop shoes chafing your feet.
Thus, to wear socks when you don't need to in an item of footwear that is designed to keep your feet cool is stupid:D
You may as well wear your boxers on top of your trousers......same difference.

Theodoric
14-08-2003, 12:05
Originally posted by Ramrod
Sandals are an item of footwear that expose the feet to air because it is too hot to wear shoes.
Socks are an item of clothing that you wear to stop shoes chafing your feet.
Thus, to wear socks when you don't need to in an item of footwear that is designed to keep your feet cool is stupid:D
You may as well wear your boxers on top of your trousers......same difference.
Aha! But Superman wears his undepants on top of his trousers and no-one mocks him for doing this!