PDA

View Full Version : bye bye ntl broadband....

Tightscot
01-10-2004, 09:25
hi all, long time no posts for me!

just a quick (stupid) couple of questions for you...

i have recently given my 30 days notice and cancelled my Broadband service. I am now using a different isp and use a router rather than my STB.

Question 1: will my NTL Email account be switched off when i am disconnected?

Question 2: should i be able to send mail from my ntl account up until i'm disconnected (using my new isp bband service)

Thanks in advance, i would call up CS and ask them but i can't be arsed to waste a morning on hold...

Cheers :)

MovedGoalPosts
01-10-2004, 09:38
1) Possibly, but not definitely. You could ask CS to transfer the account to dial up, pay as you go whcih would keep it live uindefinitely at present, but that may change and if you don't dial in it could go dormant.

2) You can't use ntl servers to send email unless you are directly connected to their network via their dial up / broadband service. It's an anti spam / abuse security thing (which is a bit of a laught actually given the volume of spam some people get on their ntl accounts). You can still set your email addy to receive your ntl mail from another ISP's broadband, but if you want to reply, you need to amend your Outlook Express (or other email client) to use your new ISPs smtp server for the outgoing mail on that account.