PDA

View Full Version : One True Voice split

Russ
12-08-2003, 21:02
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3145325.stm

What a shame they suffered from such poor management.

Stuart
12-08-2003, 21:15
Thank Russ!

Great news..

dieselking
12-08-2003, 23:45
I agree, that is very good news now they can't record any more songs:):)

MovedGoalPosts
13-08-2003, 00:45
Old news - I the Sun (sorry somebody has to admit reading it :blush: ) claims they split in June?

But they will not be missed. Bring back proper music - Frank Sinatra & the Rat pack for Me!

Bill Payer
13-08-2003, 01:05
:shrug: Who?

darant
13-08-2003, 01:14
:wavey: 1 True Voice :wavey: 2 crap Songs :wavey:

Russ
13-08-2003, 08:08
I don't think this is all very fair - they were just five blokes who were following their dream and because of no fault of their own it's all gone up in smoke and now due to the stigma of being in OTV they'll probably never see their ambitions.

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 08:58
I'm so devastated, I dont know if I can put it into words.
How will the continued abuse of the british charts carry on after this terrible news?:rolleyes:

Russ
13-08-2003, 09:01
I can see I'm on my own here.... :(

darkangel
13-08-2003, 09:03
Originally posted by Russ D
no fault of their own does haveing no talent not count as their fault or is that god's russ;)

Russ
13-08-2003, 09:09
Well it was the public who put them there, so to call them untalented would shift the blame on to the the people who watched the show and voted.

I'm not saying I was a fan of their music but that's not the point: what I'm trying to to say is how much of a shame that these guys' ambitions have been shattered due to bad decisions made by those who are supposedly set up to help them.

gazzae
13-08-2003, 09:11
Was it? I thought it was Pete Waterman who chose.

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 09:12
It just goes to show that the public are growing sick and tired of manufactured bands, people that skip a lot of the hardwork and achieve a financial reward almost immediately. Whilst in the background truelly tallented musicians and songwriters are going unnoticed because of the drivel and crap that plagues our charts.

TigaSefi
13-08-2003, 09:18
Were they ever together? they were bad from day one.

Maggy
13-08-2003, 09:45
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
It just goes to show that the public are growing sick and tired of manufactured bands, people that skip a lot of the hardwork and achieve a financial reward almost immediately. Whilst in the background truelly tallented musicians and songwriters are going unnoticed because of the drivel and crap that plagues our charts.

Hear,hear!Well said!:D

Incog.

orangebird
13-08-2003, 09:49
Well it was the public who put them there, so to call them untalented would shift the blame on to the the people who watched the show and voted.

I'm not saying I was a fan of their music but that's not the point: what I'm trying to to say is how much of a shame that these guys' ambitions have been shattered due to bad decisions made by those who are supposedly set up to help them.

No, you're not on your own Russ - I feel sorry for them. Regardless of the records they released, they were all bloody good singers. To all those being mean about it - think about it like this - your ultimate dream has come true, after many years of working and waiting. Then it all goes tits up, in public - how would you feel?

:( :rolleyes:

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 09:52
Originally posted by orangebird
No, you're not on your own Russ - I feel sorry for them. Regardless of the records they released, they were all bloody good singers. To all those being mean about it - think about it like this - your ultimate dream has come true, after many years of working and waiting. Then it all goes tits up, in public - how would you feel?

:( :rolleyes:

Pretty damned good, think of the lucrative solo contracts they will get. Then in 3 years there be a reunion tour, t-shirt, posters, keyrings, mugs, bog paper, tampons etc etc etc

Dave Stones
13-08-2003, 10:14
all i can say is thank f*****g god... i hated that first song and when i watched the program i just knew they wouldnt work...

girls aloud on the other hand... :D:D:D:D:D

[edit] Then in 3 years there be a reunion tour, t-shirt, posters, keyrings, mugs, bog paper, tampons etc etc etc

bog paper? id sure like to wipe my ass on some faces ;) reminds me of that osama bin laden roll they brought out after 9-11...

Russ
13-08-2003, 11:02
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Pretty damned good, think of the lucrative solo contracts they will get.

I suppose just like the lucrative contracts that the former members of Hearsay landed?

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 11:08
I suppose just like the lucrative contracts that the former members of Hearsay landed?

Goes to show just how bad hearsay actually were doesnt it? lol

Russ
13-08-2003, 11:10
They were good enough to get in to the band instead of tens of thousands of others.

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 11:18
lol Russ, I cannot abide manufactured pop. As much as people have their own oppinions. This is a topic that I will not accept that these people deserve any kind of merit.

Having been in bands for a few years now, I know how difficult it is to get noticed. One of the main reasons for this is that too much money is spent on churning out crap by people that can sing but thats about where their talent ends, they cant write, the cant play, they have intensive training to learn to dance.....it just isnt fair on the talented people that suffer.
My band were never going to get a contract, we struggled to stay sober enough to actually play gigs (stage fright). But we have supported bands that could have gone really far, bands that have the talent, the commitment and the discipline to go far.

Jarandco
13-08-2003, 11:33
i thought they allready had gone - lol they were rubbish (they could sing - but they ahd rubbish songs!) oh well another ones gone....

darkangel
13-08-2003, 12:26
maybe I'm gonna show my age on this one but, being a manufactured band doesn't mean u have no talent the Beatles where a prime example of this 99% of band are manufactured in some way whether it's clothing, songs or even tonal voice correcting(processing vocal so that crap singers sound good eg the spice girls)

gazzae
13-08-2003, 12:41
I have to agree, one of my fave bands is a manufactured band - Linkin Park

Russ
13-08-2003, 13:05
Right, it seems like people are missing the point so I'll say it one more time.

It's nothing to do with whether or not you liked them, or if you though they were good or not, it's about having their hopes built up and then getting shafted by the very people who were supposed to take you places.

gazzae
13-08-2003, 13:12
But the point of the show is that there was going to be a winner and a loser.

Girls Aloud made it to Number One, they won. One True Voice lost, i'm suprised they've lasted this long.

orangebird
13-08-2003, 13:27
Right, it seems like people are missing the point so I'll say it one more time.

It's nothing to do with whether or not you liked them, or if you though they were good or not, it's about having their hopes built up and then getting shafted by the very people who were supposed to take you places.

Russ, do your self a favour mate - rearrange the following words - 'the' wind' 'in' 'p1ssing' ... ;)

Russ
13-08-2003, 16:05
:D