PDA

View Full Version : Useless C/S - going to cancel and get ADSL instead

steve_smith
30-09-2004, 09:52
Just had the usual frustrating NTL pillar to post experience, which I thought I would share.

Trying to chase up why no-one had called me back about my cable modem upload/severe packet loss problem.

Already knew broadband tech. support weren't going to be able to help (because the fault had been passed to the local faults department).

So I phoned customer services who decided to put my call through to broadband tech. support :(

Broadband tech. support (as I suspected) didn't have any information on what was happening, and suggested the only way to chase a local fault was to go through to the television faults department.

So they put my call through to that department, who also couldn't help. So the only suggestion left was to ring customer services. Which is where I started off nearly an hour ago.

For a communications company, it seems that trying to speak to someone about a problem is nigh on impossible. Why is it that no-one can reach local engineers to chase things up?

I've had enough now, been very patient since May waiting for someone to fix what is a very annoying problem. But if they haven't sorted it 100% by the end of this week, I'm going to go through the expense of changing all my kit over to ADSL.

Steve.

Flubflow
30-09-2004, 13:25
When you go shopping for ADSL, check the specs/features in detail.
I know someone who signed up with Supanet adsl and they only get one true email address. They let you have alias addresses but it is still only one inbox so effectively useless for several users in the house which means you end up having to sign up for several other email services to get what you need (such as yahoo etc).

steve_smith
30-09-2004, 13:52
I know someone who signed up with Supanet adsl and they only get one true email address. They let you have alias addresses but it is still only one inbox so effectively useless for several users in the house which means you end up having to sign up for several other email services to get what you need (such as yahoo etc).
I don't need email addresses (already have one). In fact, I don't use the NTL one I have, because from day one it has been full of spam (despite the fact I never used it).

But thanks for the tip. I simply need an ADSL provider that doesn't block any VPN traffic. Other than that, I don't really mind what else they do/do not offer (providing they don't cap bandwidth).

I really don't want to change, because a working NTL connection *should* be technically better than ADSL (especially with the long distance I am from the local BT exchange).

However, I feel they've left me with no choice. It's almost as if no-one knows/cares how to fix the problem, and that they're hoping I will go away so they don't have to bother about it anymore. Not the best way to treat a customer.

Currently waiting for someone to get back to me (again...) about it.

Steve.

Carth
30-09-2004, 20:57
I gotta agree with you Steve, the whole communication thing is a shambles. :rolleyes:
I'm also starting to look around at ASDL alternatives. Even though they won't be a match for NTL on a good day, I fear we won't be getting many good NTL days in the future ... and all I want is a decent full time 24/7 connection. Don't matter if it sometimes falls below the stated speeds as long as it doesn't cut off every 2 mins :mad:

I'm thinking of ringing the Samaritans ........ to tell them NTL are commiting suicide LMAO

AsianMan
30-09-2004, 21:42
Trying to chase up why no-one had called me back about my cable modem upload/severe packet loss problem.
hmmm . im getting this also , packet loss very high like 60% packlet loss . and the upload is dying

Jon M
02-10-2004, 18:17
erm please tell me that signature image is a joke

you'd have to write an essay to have more content than signature