PDA

View Full Version : Double Billing

dr.neil
29-09-2004, 16:28
For some months since trying to downgrade by TV package to the base package I have been billed twice each month for TV instead of once. I wrote to NTL and received this reply:

"...Unfortunately due to an IT error we are unable to resolve the duplicate charges on your account but I can assure you that this is being worked on by the IT department and it is at the highest priority. Until this error is resolved we will invoice you for more than one amount each month but if you call Customer Services on 0800 052 2000, this can be amended."

In other words, "we are sorry that we bill you incorrectly each month but we are going to continue to do it anyway." Fortunately I cancelled my direct debit some months ago, and so I'm not out of pocket! Has any one else experienced this bizzare problem?

Graham F
29-09-2004, 16:55
where do you live dr neil?

basically if you live in an area which is served by the new billing system then i have heard of this problem before and it has been ongoing since before i left ntl back in march. the only way they can get this resloved is for them to set up a new account. this is something they should be offering you rather than the sorry sir nothing we can do rubbish...

dr.neil
15-10-2004, 23:45
Thanks Scooby. I live in the Warwickshire/West Midlands area. What is most strange is that they don't seem to care that I don't pay my bill any more!

Nikko
16-10-2004, 00:09
Thanks Scooby. I live in the Warwickshire/West Midlands area. What is most strange is that they don't seem to care that I don't pay my bill any more!

Well that's fair - they didn't care when you paid it twice, either.

poolking
16-10-2004, 09:29
Would this be the same IT error that is incorrectly charging for the Sky Sports Collection?

Graham F
16-10-2004, 12:37
Would this be the same IT error that is incorrectly charging for the Sky Sports Collection?

Yes its one of the same thing :rolleyes: :disturbd:

scrotnig
16-10-2004, 13:03
This needs sorting, and quickly.

poolking
16-10-2004, 13:27
It doesn't surprise me actually. Is Crusty the Clown running NTL at the moment? :D