PDA

View Full Version : Two Pids?

gary_580
29-09-2004, 13:10
Currently i get my BB through my STB. Tomorrow NTL will be installing a CM for me. I've been sent a new PID to use with the CM.

Do i have to use the new PID or can i continue to use the current one? I'm assuming a PID is always issued for a new install as it is assumed you dont have a PID.

I'm concerned about using the new PID as i assume this will mean i cant use my current NTLWORLD email account with the new PID as it will say it belongs to another user.

Chris W
29-09-2004, 13:17
Oops... you should have a PIN number for your cable modem, not a PID. PM me your account number/ current pid and i will have a look what is going on when i go to work tonight.

You will still be able to use the same email address.

gary_580
29-09-2004, 13:21
Oops... you should have a PIN number for your cable modem, not a PID. PM me your account number/ current pid and i will have a look what is going on when i go to work tonight.

You will still be able to use the same email address.

Thanks, i'll have to do it when i get home as i dont have the stuff with me.

Im sure they sent me a PID, maybe i just cant read, i'll check when i get home

quadplay
29-09-2004, 15:00
If it's ten digits, it's a PID, if it's eight digits (and starts with a 1), it's a PIN. Hope this helps!

If they have sent you a PID, give CS a ring immediately to make sure there's a PIN and SABS account setup - as you won't be able to register without one!

gary_580
29-09-2004, 19:21
Your right. They sent me a pin not a pid.

So does this mean i will still be able to get to my current email account once i use the new pin rather than the old pid?

scrotnig
29-09-2004, 19:34
Your cable modem will register a new email address, however your old one should continue to work.

If you PM your new account number (starts with a 5) after registration, I will import your old email address into your new account so you are then guaranteed not to lose the old one.

gary_580
29-09-2004, 20:53
cheers Mark i'll do that