PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Peripherals

ntluser
22-06-2003, 08:59
Anyone know what useful peripherals you can get for a laptop?

Any info greatly appreciated.

:)

Jon T
22-06-2003, 09:31
If you have a PCMCIA(card) slot on your laptop, then you can get modems, network adaptors, external cd/drd roms and writers, you can also get TV cards that use the PCMCIA slot. Also remember that if your laptop has got a USB connector on then normal PC peripherals will work on it.

Additiononaly docking stations can be purchased for most laptops, some of these allow you to insert normal PCI expansion cards into them, the newer ones also have an AGP slot.

Jon

distortal
22-06-2003, 12:21
Best thing I ever bought: Wireless Network setup. You will wonder how you ever managed to eat brekkie in another room without your laptop showing the news and so on. I use mine in the garden as well now - it's great.

bopdude
22-06-2003, 12:39
Originally posted by ntluser
Anyone know what useful peripherals you can get for a laptop?

Any info greatly appreciated.

:)

depending on your model and its capabilities you could put just about anything on it, as for wireless, it rocks, my house mate is hooked up to me, great for multi player games in two rooms :)

Morpheus
22-06-2003, 18:04
A belkin mini mouse, and a wireless network card..as the above posts point out, and in my case i can even sit with the wife and surf.....

kadcoms
22-06-2003, 18:12
A mobile phone power lead/charger that plugs into the USB port can be handy....

bopdude
22-06-2003, 18:38
Seriously though by the time you get all the bits and pieces you lose a lot of your portability and would be almost like a desktop pc anyway.

The only problem I have with laptops is the volume output, just not loud enough for my liking

Ramrod
23-06-2003, 17:06
Originally posted by Morpheus
A belkin mini mouse
yep, got my wife one of those, the optical one. Excellent!

Ramrod
23-06-2003, 17:07
Originally posted by bopdude
The only problem I have with laptops is the volume output, just not loud enough for my liking
I always use headphones