PDA

View Full Version : "Xbox machines and mobiles stolen "

Caspar
12-08-2003, 16:22
Sorry but I was quite amused by this BBC news article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3144807.stm).

I don't know whether is was the amusing tale of someone's audacity, the tone of the wording or the fact that all of the phones have been rendered unusable (or so they say ;) )

Defiant
12-08-2003, 17:57
nice story but if you know what your doing I'm sure you can make the phones work again by changing their serial numbers etc via pc and serial cable ;)

They seem to have forgotten to mention that lol

Caspar
12-08-2003, 18:00
Originally posted by Defiant
nice story but if you know what your doing I'm sure you can make the phones work again by changing their serial numbers etc via pc and serial cable ;)

note to self: make sure I ask the person's name when I buy my phone next, question is it Defiant? ;) :p

XiceWolf
13-08-2003, 01:08
Boom you've been rumbled !! get out of the country :D

Lord Nikon
13-08-2003, 01:34
Anyone realised that if the IMEI is blocked in the uk, the phone will still work in other countries?

zoombini
13-08-2003, 08:33
Originally posted by Defiant

The IMEI (or whatever it is) number will have been blacklisted.
Changing or cloning this number is illegal big time.
But whoever nicked em won't care about that...lol

What about the Xbox's though?
They will be able to work OK, will MS be able to detect which box is which if it goes online?

Will someone offer me a cheap xbox.... (please...)

timewarrior2001
13-08-2003, 09:43
Originally posted by zoombini
The IMEI (or whatever it is) number will have been blacklisted.
Changing or cloning this number is illegal big time.
But whoever nicked em won't care about that...lol

Isnt it something like 5-10 years for tampering with the IMEI code on a mobile now?

Caspar
13-08-2003, 10:10
theregister.co.uk (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/68/32305.html) are reporting on this now!....I'm sure it's a prank...cause I chuckled again when I read the description of the person they think who did it!

A "substantial" reward is now available too ;)

zoombini
13-08-2003, 11:22
Why should it be a prank?

Is having a beer belly going to disqualify someone from being able to nick a van? :D :D

Caspar
13-08-2003, 11:41
nah, I think it was just the way I read and interpretted the initial BBC news article, is all :)

I have nothing against Beer bellys myself...some of my friends have them ;)