PDA

View Full Version : sky+ price drop

paulyoung666
26-09-2004, 16:08
i aint seen this mentioned on here anywhere , sky+ is about to be £159 with free installation within the next couple of weeks , apparently they are releasing a new box for xmas which has a larger hdd and can record 3 channels at the same time :Yikes:

purple_smarties
26-09-2004, 17:41
read somewhere the sky+ stb's have been £99 for a while with £50 installation. some people have managed to get free install tho, so a right bargain!

where did you hear about being able to record 3 channels?

paulyoung666
26-09-2004, 17:49
talking to the bloke trying to flog it in the local shopping centre , he seemed genuine , i have no actual proof though :erm:

Paul
26-09-2004, 17:50
If the three channels and price are correct then I would be very interested. I find the channels bit a bit hard to believe though.

paulyoung666
26-09-2004, 17:53
If the three channels and price are correct then I would be very interested. I find the channels bit a bit hard to believe though.

like i said , i have no definite proof , the bloke seemed genuine and seemed to know what he was talking about , when he started mentioning the fact that the new box could record 3 times as much as now i thought yes he does know what he is talking about , i cant see why he would lie about it as he was wanting my buisness and gave me his phone number to ring in a couple of weeks :)

purple_smarties
26-09-2004, 17:59
it would be really good if it was three channel recording, don't see why he would make it up because at the end of the day it would come back on him, however b4 dual recording was available, when i signed up to return to sky i was told it is already available and it wasn't.

so it maybe something that is coming soon but not that soon.

another view on it tho, all they would have to do would run an extra cable as the majority of people who would go for the 160 gig would be exisiting users

themelon
18-10-2004, 09:06
There is a new box with more recording capablilites due out soon, it will allegedly be Skys answer to VOD Using Broadband to download items to the STB Hard Drive. But I think this is supposed to cost something like £399!! I wouldnt spend that much anyway considering Sky think that they are launching HDTV in 2006.......this will presumably mean more expensive Box upgrades deaming current STBs costing £100+ utterley useless

And Its supposedly due out next year! So you might have to wait a bit, or fork out more cash further along the line. Sky salesmen are sly, they are only interested in the sale and will make up a bit of B/S giving information that is slightly true but not going to happen for a while to make the sale!