PDA

View Full Version : q2 results....

orangebird
12-08-2003, 09:59
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030812/125302_1.html

not too bad....just waiting for a couple of members to pooh-pooh them...;)

grum1978
12-08-2003, 10:13
:wavey: bye bye Barclay..

not bad results to be honest with you

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 10:14
thank you for the link orangebird

orangebird
12-08-2003, 10:17
Originally posted by th'engineer
thank you for the link orangebird

welcome! especially when they really are good results... :)

andygrif
12-08-2003, 10:32
Originally posted by grum1978
:wavey: bye bye Barclay..

not bad results to be honest with you

The phrase:

"Let the door not hit you where the dog should have bit you"

springs to mind

cjll3
12-08-2003, 10:39
Customer disconnects in Q2 2003 were 89,500, compared with 119,000 in Q2 2002.

Well that is good news when you look at it that way. Then again you could choose to look at it as ntl losing £ 11 million per quarter in turnover, nah ;)

cjll3
12-08-2003, 10:41
Originally posted by andygrif
The phrase:

springs to mind

May be the good news she was refering to was

Barclay Knapp to step down as President and Chief Executive Officer. He will continue working at NTL advising on strategy until the year-end.

:smokin:

andygrif
12-08-2003, 10:45
Originally posted by orangebird
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030812/125302_1.html

not too bad....just waiting for a couple of members to pooh-pooh them...;)

I agree, they are much improved and this is indeed good news.

However the business is still in a highly precarious position. I hope that with BK 'Whopper' exiting the reigns, this result can be built on, customers can be happy, services improved - and then we can start to see results like these:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11540.html

Alan Waddington
12-08-2003, 10:45
It does look like the company's turned the corner. However, it still is making a loss so more needs to be done. Heavy depreciation write-offs & interest payments seem to be the big hitters.

Do we need to rename Knapp's Office to Duffy's Office? ;)

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 11:10
welcome! especially when they really are good results... :) ;)

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 11:13
I think it's a very good result. No reason now why ntl: can't build
a stronger Company!

Looks like that'll put UDT's nose out of joint!

Andygrif

Have never heard the expression before! Care to elaborate?

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 11:17
can someone point out in the results where churn bogoff offers are

orangebird
12-08-2003, 11:25
can someone point out in the results where churn bogoff offers are

?? :confused: what do you mean?

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 11:33
just where they are documented in the results for example costs on the network to keep customers. it should be documented like free dial up was its an expenditure against profit

orangebird
12-08-2003, 11:36
just where they are documented in the results for example costs on the network to keep customers. it should be documented like free dial up was its an expenditure against profit

I don't think the report gets that detailed. All the figures show for the home side is how many on triple, phone only, bb only etc, revenue, profit or loss....not why the customer is still there and how they got the package they got.....

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 11:40
I don't think the report gets that detailed. All the figures show for the home side is how many on triple, phone only, bb only etc, revenue, profit or loss....not why the customer is still there and how they got the package they got.....

So its not a true representation of the estimated profits of each service because some are bungled.

So as an investor i could not just times it by the amount to represent annual income.

My calculation would be flawed as it does not give these, which should be classed as expenditure to keep customers as they come off the profit line. so the rersults are flawed

orangebird
12-08-2003, 11:51
So its not a true representation of the estimated profits of each service because some are bungled.

So as an investor i could not just times it by the amount to represent annual income.

My calculation would be flawed as it does not give these, which should be classed as expenditure to keep customers as they come off the profit line. so the rersults are flawed

No they are not flawed! ie It shows you how many tv customer there are, and how much comes in from them - what's difficult or flawed about that?

Regardless of how they got the profit (or loss) they got it and it is true - or are you suggesting they're fiddling the figures?

I'm seriously worried with your obsession on churn and bogof....

The figures are there, and they are not misleading.

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 11:54
Originally posted by Drudge
we shop at supermarkets.

They have "buy one get one free" or "three for the price of two" offers all the time. There was recently a price war on white bread and baked beans, these were being sold at less than cost. They don't show these GIVE AWAYS separately on their sales figures or public accounting. They are just a normal part of business and yes, they are designed to attract customers, so why should you expect NTL to disclose the cost of attracting customers.

Supermarkets have them costed as promotions which cost money offf the bottom line

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 11:56
No they are not flawed! ie It shows you how many tv customer there are, and how much comes in from them - what's difficult or flawed about that?

Regardless of how they got the profit (or loss) they got it and it is true - or are you suggesting they're fiddling the figures?

I'm seriously worried with your obsession on churn and bogof....

The figures are there, and they are not misleading. ;) just an observation

orangebird
12-08-2003, 11:56
Supermarkets have them costed as promotions which cost money offf the bottom line

Who says ntl haven't?

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 12:02
Who says ntl haven't?

Who says they have and can provide a link:D

orangebird
12-08-2003, 12:21
Who says they have and can provide a link:D

No, on this occasion, I can't provide a link. I don't care to assume whether they have or not.

TBH, I can't see what your gripe is. Figures are up on last qtr, and last year. I still have a job, and business is improving, much to your's (and UDT'S) dismay no doubt. :)

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 12:24
Ok so the company is starting to improve in the financial aspects.
However, what people want to know also is how the company is doing in CS aspects.

orangebird
12-08-2003, 12:27
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Ok so the company is starting to improve in the financial aspects.
However, what people want to know also is how the company is doing in CS aspects.

Then start another thread on it. This thread is about financial results. :)

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 12:41
No, on this occasion, I can't provide a link.
No change there then :D

orangebird
12-08-2003, 12:45
No change there then :D

???

Last time you accused me of BS'ing about the AUP and the cutomers responsibilty to read it - so I provided a link then :confused: :rolleyes:

My point is this - I don't know whether they provisioned for the bogofs etc. I don't know and I don't care. You do not know either, but choose to believe exactly what you want, with no justifcation whatsoever other than no-one else can prove otherwise.... :rolleyes:

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 12:52
So there is no evidence that they did put provision away for bogoff etc. or none that they did its really same thing is it not

orangebird
12-08-2003, 12:55
So there is no evidence that they did put provision away for bogoff etc. or none that they did its really same thing is it not

I have no evidence on whether they did or did not provision for it, no. Neither do you. So give it a rest, or keep your daft self satisfying conclusions to yourself. :)

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 13:01
bogoff it is in effect a expenditure so just wondered where it was:D

andygrif
12-08-2003, 14:54
Originally posted by Stephen Robb
I think it's a very good result. No reason now why ntl: can't build
a stronger Company!

Looks like that'll put UDT's nose out of joint!

Andygrif

Have never heard the expression before! Care to elaborate?

First I don't think it will put noses out of joint - simply becuase figures are one thing, CEOs going away is another - but the most important thing is to give customers what they want. And ntl are still a million miles away from this right now.

OK to answer your question....Let the door not hit you where the dog should have bit you....

Basically it means don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.....was a line from an old Marlena Shaw song - suitably appropriate I think.

Barclay Knapp, in my opinion, is an utter waste of space. He has provided demonstrations of nothing except fleecing customers, consistently giving sub-standard service and services, and a level of arrogance akin to someone in government, not a tin-pot excuse for a multi-national.

The fact that shareholders have now appointed an ex-finance director troubles me, in that most FD's are greedy and don't understand servcie, creativity or customers - however I willing to give him opportunity to make a difference to us customers. The fact that he joins from Orange does give some hope.

andygrif
12-08-2003, 14:56

Actually BOGOF offers are usually funded by the manufacturer.

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 15:33
Originally posted by Drudge
we shop at supermarkets.

They have "buy one get one free" or "three for the price of two" offers all the time. There was recently a price war on white bread and baked beans, these were being sold at less than cost. They don't show these GIVE AWAYS separately on their sales figures or public accounting. They are just a normal part of business and yes, they are designed to attract customers, so why should you expect NTL to disclose the cost of attracting customers.

I believe that they are called "line losers" if I'm not mistaken

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 15:44
bogoff it is in effect a expenditure so just wondered where it was:D

[Non 'q2 results....' comments removed]

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 15:50
OK to answer your question....Let the door not hit you where the dog should have bit you....

Basically it means don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.....was a line from an old Marlena Shaw song - suitably appropriate I think.

Thanks and yes, I agree!

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 17:29
Who has the brain cell today? you or UDT?

so you obviously do not understand financial accounting

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 17:34

Loss leaders you obviously know nowt at all about corporate finance or sales

Let me guess you work for NTL:D

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 19:25
No, on this occasion, I can't provide a link.

Same old Orangebird. She has never been able to post a link when asked.:rolleyes:

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 19:27
Who has the brain cell today? you or UDT?

Yes, we have your (Stephen) last brain cell in safe keeping.:D

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 19:33
I think it's a very good result. No reason now why ntl: can't build a stronger Company!

If NTL is going to be a strong company - why is Barclay Knapp leaving NTL.

NTL are still in debt.

NTL has lost 174,000 customers in 2002.

NTL can only gain customers by giving away their products for free.

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 19:37
Originally posted by Stephen Robb:dunce:

No - they are called loss leaders. Walk into any supermarket and they will tell you. Stephen:dunce: , keep up your good work. Your now proving the point, that customers defending NTL are usually uninformed and don't know what they are talking about. Keep it coming.:D

Tristan
12-08-2003, 19:43
Originally posted by Undisputedtruth

NTL are still in debt.

Just out of curiousity, what would you have considered to be a good set of results?

Plainly NTL aren't going to jump to profitability overnight. They're still burdened with some $4bn of debt. But surely increasing revenues, increasing income, and increasing subscriber numbers is a good thing?

(Incidentely, how is the number of customers who left in 2002 relevant to the 2nd quarter 2003 results, which we are discussing here?)

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 20:21
Originally posted by Tristan
Just out of curiousity, what would you have considered to be a good set of results?

Plainly NTL aren't going to jump to profitability overnight. They're still burdened with some $4bn of debt. But surely increasing revenues, increasing income, and increasing subscriber numbers is a good thing?

(Incidentely, how is the number of customers who left in 2002 relevant to the 2nd quarter 2003 results, which we are discussing here?)

NTL were losing 70, 000 customers in a quarter. A good set of results would exceed a gain of more than 70,000 customers. Considering NTL were giving away their products for free and bribing existing customers to stay you would expect NTL to exceed 70,000 easy.

Escapee
12-08-2003, 20:27
andygrif saidThe fact that shareholders have now appointed an ex-finance director troubles me, in that most FD's are greedy and don't understand servcie, creativity or customers

Spot on, I think most of the current shareholders are only interested in a quick buck, that's why they got involved in the company. There really is no passion or desire for the business these days, I don't think these guys will be interested at all in taking any substantial risks with new products and services.
I guess a few projects for new services and upgrades that I was working on before I left ntl 2 years ago will still be a pipe dream in another 2 years.

andygrif saidThe fact that he joins from Orange does give some hope

Please don't get me going on that one!:)

Some of you will of allready worked out that my concerns/interest are on the engineering side of the company, Orange have had a very bad reputation in the industry for employing people of a very poor skill level. (Along with Marconi)

I was offered a very lucrative position with Orange that I actually told them I was unsuitable for in the interview:eek: They were in the same boat as most telecoms companies jobs to fill and no skilled people to fill them.

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 21:15
so you obviously do not understand financial accounting

Well, that's where you are wrong sunshine and not for the first time either! I had my own business for a number of years before I retired, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

th'engineer
12-08-2003, 21:41
So you do not understand big business multinationals, by your comments.

exchange rates loss leaders partnerships

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 21:42

NTL are still in debt.

Stephen Robb
12-08-2003, 21:58
So you do not understand big business multinationals, by your comments.

exchange rates loss leaders partnerships

Undisputedtruth
12-08-2003, 22:11
I assume that is aimed at me seeing it came after mine! You and UDT have really no idea who you are dealing with, have you?

BBKing
12-08-2003, 23:40
On the Internet, a troll is a person who posts messages that create controversy or an angry response without adding content to the discussion, often intentionally. Though technically different from flaming, which is an unmistakable direct personal attack, trolls often resort to innuendo or misdirection in the pursuit of their objective, which is to create controversy for its own sake, discredit those with whom they disagree, or sabotage discussion by creating an intimidating atmosphere.

No, you're a troll. Anyone who posts four times running on a board is a troll (and, I guess, has a lot of time on their hands). Mind you, given the quality of content and English in some of your posts these days I don't think they take too long to write, do they?

Stephen - leave him to it, seeing people get wound up is his raison d'etre, such as it is.

Link to original article: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Undisputedtruth
13-08-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by BBKing
No, you're a troll. Anyone who posts four times running on a board is a troll (and, I guess, has a lot of time on their hands). Mind you, given the quality of content and English in some of your posts these days I don't think they take too long to write, do they?

Stephen - leave him to it, seeing people get wound up is his raison d'etre, such as it is.

Link to original article: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

dingosar
13-08-2003, 00:23

Undisputedtruth
13-08-2003, 00:50
Originally posted by dingosar
it seems that normal service has been resumed

i have only one short comment to add to the discussion

Do not feed :nono: :nono: :nono:

Stephen Robb
13-08-2003, 02:03

Lord Nikon
13-08-2003, 03:11
UDT has a point though,

If NTL are doing so well, why is Barclay selling his shares & getting out?

You cannot deny the figures for customer totals, they are publically available...

Perhaps Mr Knapp knows something we don't about the future of NTL???

Its not normal for a CEO and founder to leave when things are improving...

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 08:27
I assume that is aimed at me seeing it came after mine! You and UDT have really no idea who you are dealing with, have you?

Seeing that the pair of you couldn't make a sensible statement if your lives depended on it, is really a sad state of affairs.

Stephen if you want to sound like a total prat carry on.

Remember it was a debate before you lowered it to being personal, with childish little comments about who has the brain cell today .

You say in you profile retired and remind me of the popular TV character victor meldrew.

As said before every one in large organusations in senior positions looks at the results.

I asked a simple question as something appeared to be missing where is the provision recorded for bogoff and canx offers.

I could ask where is the provision for staff subsidy recorded .

As an investor i would want to know the projected growth from the figures which would make me money.

I asked a question did not disagree with the figures just wanted information.

So stop being a silly silly person and read the thread properley

orangebird
13-08-2003, 09:21
Same old Orangebird. She has never been able to post a link when asked.:rolleyes:

eh? :confused: ask your good friend th'eng about whether I provide links or not... :rolleyes:

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 10:19
eh? :confused: ask your good friend th'eng about whether I provide links or not... :rolleyes:

You do sometimes :D

Stephen Robb
13-08-2003, 11:22
Thanks for this BBKing.

I must admit I never knew what Troll meant until now. Therefore I'll be calling the proNTL mobs as Trolls. They fit the decription brilliantly. PS It aslo includes old boy Stephen.

?

Mark W
13-08-2003, 11:22
all very interesting, but how about we stick to the thread topic?

ta muchly :)

Ignition
13-08-2003, 11:39
As an investor i would want to know the projected growth from the figures which would make me money.

You own shares in ntl: UK ?

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 11:44
?

Stephen please read this (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?s=&forumid=10)

You never know who all the bondholders might be :rolleyes:

orangebird
13-08-2003, 11:53
<snip>

I asked a question did not disagree with the figures just wanted information.

So stop being a silly silly person and read the thread properley

To be fair 'eng - projected growth won't be quoted in quarterly financial results - they will be there in the targets set for the next quarter - which the bonholders are informed of. Not the general public.

...you've OD'd on Maslows theory again, haven't you...;)

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 11:55
Thanks Ob thats the info that i was after.:)

Stephen Robb
13-08-2003, 16:55
Stephen please read this (http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?s=&forumid=10)

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 16:57
Actually I would have thought that applied more to you than it does me, your the one with the motor mouth!

:wavey: :shrug:

Macca
13-08-2003, 17:15
Anyway back to the topic concerned. I believe that the CHURN rate for Quarter 2 may also have included all those students who have ret'd home after completing the end of this student year, also I would expect a considerable increase in gross add customers for this quarter as the students will be moving back into student accommodation within the next 2 months. Might be something to consider when looking at the figures along with the info that th'engineer was enquiring about.

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 17:39
Originally posted by Macca
Anyway back to the topic concerned. I believe that the CHURN rate for Quarter 2 may also have included all those students who have ret'd home after completing the end of this student year, also I would expect a considerable increase in gross add customers for this quarter as the students will be moving back into student accommodation within the next 2 months. Might be something to consider when looking at the figures along with the info that th'engineer was enquiring about.

Thats a good point be carefull though do not want you being classed same as me a udt by victor

Macca
13-08-2003, 17:46
Thats a good pint be carefull though do not want you beeing classed same as me a udt by victor

I would be surprised if I was as I work for you-know-who and suppose I would be classed as pro-ntl. ;)

th'engineer
13-08-2003, 17:49
I would be surprised if I was as I work for you-know-who and suppose I would be classed as pro-ntl. ;)

So am I pro NTL do not tell him its our secret;)

Macca
13-08-2003, 18:07
So am I pro NTL do not tell him its our secret;)

Don't worry your secrets safe with me :p

It's just a pity that useful discussions where people can maybe pick info that helps shed light on issues etc. are wasted by constant ****ging matches. Apologies for going off topic.

Undisputedtruth
13-08-2003, 21:20
Don't worry your secrets safe with me :p

It's just a pity that useful discussions where people can maybe pick info that helps shed light on issues etc. are wasted by constant ****ging matches. Apologies for going off topic.

Thanks Macca, perhaps Stephen can behave himself.

My question to the thread is are the results sustainable, ie once they stop giving away their service will NTL lose their customers in 70,000s again for each quarter.

I mean there are no evidence for improvement in customer care is there?

orangebird
14-08-2003, 09:10
Thanks Macca, perhaps Stephen can behave himself.

My question to the thread is are the results sustainable, ie once they stop giving away their service will NTL lose their customers in 70,000s again for each quarter.
I mean there are no evidence for improvement in customer care is there?

Yes, they are sustainable - even though they've been 'giving away' service, they still lost less money that the last quarter (& indeed last year), plus average revenue per customer rose slightly. And don't forget they've gained nearly 40000 customers.
As for customer care - I suggest that's another thread. This thread is about financial results.

Undisputedtruth
14-08-2003, 09:59
Yes, they are sustainable - even though they've been 'giving away' service, they still lost less money that the last quarter (& indeed last year), plus average revenue per customer rose slightly. And don't forget they've gained nearly 40000 customers.
As for customer care - I suggest that's another thread. This thread is about financial results.

There are no evidence the figures will be sustainable is there? I mean if NTL turned the corner properly they would be gaining 70,000+ customers for each quarter instead of losing 70,000 for each quarter like they did last year.

I can understand you not wanting to get into a debate about customer care but once people realise how bad customer service the figures should see another downtown

orangebird
14-08-2003, 10:51
There are no evidence the figures will be sustainable is there? I mean if NTL turned the corner properly they would be gaining 70,000+ customers for each quarter instead of losing 70,000 for each quarter like they did last year.

I can understand you not wanting to get into a debate about customer care but once people realise how bad customer service the figures should see another downtown

The trend from the past few quarters figures is that churn is down, net customers gained is up. ntl haven't turned the corner yet, and it's going to take a while longer before they do, but if you gauge by past figures (and that's really all you can do to decide whether these are sustainable), they will get there.

Just 2p worth on the customer care - I have no illusions that it's no where near as good as it should and could be but that too is going to take time to turn round. Perhaps now the customer base is more stable and revenues are up slightly, ntl could actually invest in better training etc to improve upon this. Even I wouldn't hold my breath on this, but you never know... ;)

andygrif
14-08-2003, 14:45

Or even loss leaders

andygrif
14-08-2003, 14:50
Haven't you got another old 78 you can change to, you are really getting so boring.

We, that being the rest of us, have said to you many times before, you cannot substantiate or have any proof to any of your allegations against ntl:, CS or TS.

Are you the anti-ntl Taliban then? Is nobody allowed to have an opinion except yours, which is being forced down our throats everyday.

I do feel really sorry for because you are really such a lonely sad little man.

I think the purpose of these forums is for constructive debate, not name calling. We have to take, in the absence of anything to counter them, these claims as true until someone, maybe you Stephen, can provide something to say that it is not true.

After all, you wouldn't like it if I rubbished everything good you said about ntl every time.

andygrif
14-08-2003, 14:51

Who are they dealing with?

orangebird
14-08-2003, 14:52
Who are they dealing with?

I wondered that too.... :confused:

andygrif
14-08-2003, 14:56
I wondered that too.... :confused:

Maybe it's Barclay Knapp in a dress!:spin:

th'engineer
14-08-2003, 15:21
Maybe it's Barclay Knapp in a dress!:spin:

I wondered that as well who is he retired in his profile could be Barclay

Chris
14-08-2003, 16:01
Originally posted by JustAnotherN00b

If we could give this whole debate a little background - anyone who bought an ntl share on the NASDAQ for $17 (over £10) when the company emerged from bankruptcy protection, would now own a share worth more than $40 (about £25). Somebody somewhere clearly thinks ntl is on the up. Personally I'd love to have made a 150% profit on my investment ... hindsight is a wonderful thing. :(

PS ... I'd love to know who we're all dealing with too. :confused:

Macca
14-08-2003, 17:08

Your right, there is no evidence that the figures are sustainable, other than gaining customers in the last 2 quarters, but there is also nothing to say that they will not be sustainable. I am very confident that the growth will continue in q3, particularly with the fact that students are starting back. I wouldn't say that ntl have turned the corner but I am alot happier with the situation now than 1 year ago.

With regards to customer care, I can honestly say that I have seen an improvement and hopefully existing customers have noticed it. I'm not saying it is world class and maybe the fact that the CS used to be poor means that any improvement would be easily noticed but it is a step in the right direction.

Undisputedtruth
14-08-2003, 20:27
Your right, there is no evidence that the figures are sustainable, other than gaining customers in the last 2 quarters, but there is also nothing to say that they will not be sustainable. I am very confident that the growth will continue in q3, particularly with the fact that students are starting back. I wouldn't say that ntl have turned the corner but I am alot happier with the situation now than 1 year ago.

With regards to customer care, I can honestly say that I have seen an improvement and hopefully existing customers have noticed it. I'm not saying it is world class and maybe the fact that the CS used to be poor means that any improvement would be easily noticed but it is a step in the right direction.

The sort of people joining NTL are probably the deal spotters, I mean who down down free services, these are the sort of people that would move at a drop of a hat.

In my view, the figures will probably be in an upward trend until the end of this quarter. I think the turning point will be when people will be looking at earnings, earnings, earnings which are the important words in the Corporate world, post dot com crash. It will be that point when the company will probably end special offers and concentrate on driving revenue. When the new customers reaches the end of their 12 months contract they will be choosing whether to stay with NTL or transfer to BT and other good value ADSL products.

NTL historically always had to buy their customer base through takeovers and bribing customes to retain their services. I think in 2004 will be NTL's toughest challenge yet. Are they able to attract customers and keep existing customers without bribery?

Macca
14-08-2003, 20:51
In my view, the figures will probably be in an upward trend until the end of this quarter. When the new customers reaches the end of their 12 months contract they will be choosing whether to stay with NTL or transfer to BT and other good value ADSL products.
NTL historically always had to buy their customer base through takeovers and bribing customes to retain their services. I think in 2004 will be NTL's toughest challenge yet. Are they able to attract customers and keep existing customers without bribery?

You may well be right but as you say, it's your opinion which you are entitled to, I will wait and hope that you are wrong.
Ntl have to ensure that they focus on the main problems that make other companies more appealing like interactive, b/band availability, b/band capacity (in some areas), networks etc. If the product stands on it's own against the opposition then I don't think we have anything to fear.
Don't particularly like the word bribery but I can see why you use it. All companies use this method to bring on new customers and keep existing one's. I would personally prefer that there was one offer rolled out nationally than numerous different franchise related offers.....too much confusion. Your right in saying that it will be a challenge next year but I believe that we will continue to improve, hopefully learn from our mistakes and listen more to our customers.

Escapee
14-08-2003, 21:22
towny saidPersonally I'd love to have made a 150% profit on my investment ... hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And the people (Managers) who borrowed money to buy the old shares would think hindsight is a wonderfull thing too.;)

orangebird saidJust 2p worth on the customer care - I have no illusions that it's no where near as good as it should and could be but that too is going to take time to turn round

I guess it is improving and will continue to do so, the only concern is at what cost to other functions in the company.

It would be much better to see signs of an overall gradual improvement in all areas of the company, spending the little cash they are allowed to on CS is starving and decreasing efficiency in other areas of the company.

I guess improvements in CS are easy to monitor in comparison, but other functions do not easily show their signs of neglect in the short term.:rolleyes: