PDA

View Full Version : Spare NTL120

Cable_Guy
25-09-2004, 12:35
Hello ppl,

This is my first time on this site so I hope you can all be of help

I have a spare NTL120 modom that I "found" and I was wondering if there is anything that I can do with it so that it works on the NTL network

The modem has never been used as yet, I know that the Settop boxes can be chipped so any info on the modems would be great

thanx and sorry if this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing

dilli-theclaw
25-09-2004, 12:43
Hello ppl,

This is my first time on this site so I hope you can all be of help

I have a spare NTL120 modom that I "found" and I was wondering if there is anything that I can do with it so that it works on the NTL network

The modem has never been used as yet, I know that the Settop boxes can be chipped so any info on the modems would be great

thanx and sorry if this is the wrong forum for this kind of thing

Welcome to the site...

Am I to assume you want to know how to use a stolen cable modem to use NTL's services for free? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think this is going to happen, do you?

Paul
25-09-2004, 12:46
Only modems that have been authorised by ntl can be connected to their network, and since they don't sell them (at all), that modem is still their property and so you are almost certainly handling stolen property.

It should also be noted that 'chipping' of stb's is illegal and we do not allow discussion of such activities on Cable Forum.

Cable_Guy
25-09-2004, 12:46
emmm yeah....... lol

I was on the understanding that it was possable but I don't know how....... yet

Paul
25-09-2004, 12:52
emmm yeah....... lol

I was on the understanding that it was possable but I don't know how....... yetSorry, but we don't allow discussion of how to perform illegal activities (whether it be ntl or any other company).

My advice to you would be to return the modem to its rightful owner. Topic closed.