PDA

View Full Version : Should Have Disconnected!!!

huddsboy
24-09-2004, 21:28
I rang ntl last month to disconnect my services(phone,tv,broadband) as I worked out it would be cheaper to go elsewhere.
However the guy in disconnections said because I had been a loyal customer for over 7years they could do a discount package which I was more than happy to accept.
About a week after i received 2 bills, one for £52 and one for £30, not sure why two bills or which one to pay I rang ntl and was informed that because of the discounts etc neither bill was right and I only owed £29 which I paid the following day.
I then got a call from ntl asking about my unpaid bill of £29, I assured that I had paid £30 and was told everything was ok.

Last night I came home to find my tv channels had been switched off, I rang ntl and was dealt with by the rudest woman I have ever spoken to, she bluntly told me I had been disconnected for non payment and until I paid £108 my services would not be put back on.
I explained about the two bills the two phonecalls and the fact I had paid £30 but no, she was having none of it. No one has rung you about this, you havent paid and it is £108 not £29 she told me.
I asked to speak to someone higher up and she promptly cut me off.
I redialled, followed the merry go round of press 1 for this 2 for that and managed to speak to someone else,I explained the full story again and he said the problem was my account had been split in two for some reason. Phone and BB in one account and tv in another. My phone and BB account was £29 and I had paid £30 so was upto date, however my tv account was showing £50 outstanding and was why I had been disconnected. He apologised for the mix up and said he would get the 2 accounts merged immediately, he also switched my tv back on as I paid the bill by credit card. Had I known about this I would have paid it at the time it was due. I asked why I was told to pay £108 and he explained it was £50 outstanding and £58 due on thismonths bill which was on its way to me. He really was most helpful, apologetic and polite unlike the woman I first spoke to, unfortunately I forgot her name because I was so outraged at her attitude towards me.
I have never had an issue with ntl services ever and the only reason I planned to disconnect was the cost, however after being spoken to in that manner I feel like telling them to go to hell.

scrotnig
24-09-2004, 21:30
This sounds like a nightmare.

What area of the country are you in?

huddsboy
24-09-2004, 21:34
I am in the Kirklees area, the guy I spoke to could not understand why the account had been split or why the woman I spoke to didn't pick up on it, I looked at the two bills I had been sent afterwards and sure enough they had different account numbers!!!

scrotnig
24-09-2004, 21:36
I am in the Kirklees area, the guy I spoke to could not understand why the account had been split or why the woman I spoke to didn't pick up on it, I looked at the two bills I had been sent afterwards and sure enough they had different account numbers!!!
Unfortunately I cannot yet see Kirklees accounts.

i think the next best thing is to speak to your local Customer Relations team on 0800 052 1474. they'll be open again on Monday, and they should be keen to sort this out in the manner originally intended.

If you get no joy with them, drop me a PM and I'll try and get someone from that region to pick this up.

huddsboy
24-09-2004, 21:55
Thanks but the guy I spoke to assured me he was going to sort it there and then, he was very helpful and apologetic and did his best to explain the situation. I just wish I knew the name of the woman, she was a disgrace and was basically calling me a liar. I work for local government and if I had spoken to a caller the way she did I would have been fired!!

huddsboy
04-10-2004, 12:18
Well despite being assured the accounts would be merged I have just received 2 seperate bills this month, Phoned ntl to ask how much do I actually owe and was told just add the 2 bills together!!!!

I was also told it would take about 3 weeks to get the bills merged so I will await the next bill(s) to see if it has been done.
Its interesting to note that my tv has an account of its own and my phone and BB are together, I would have thought tv and phone would have been onone bill.