PDA

View Full Version : Downgrading My TV & BB

ZrByte
23-09-2004, 15:46
Hello all, im not sure ive posted this in the right place and im not sure if there is allready a duplicate but I couldnt find it so I figured, what the hell!

Basicly I want to cancel My TV package completeley and downgrade my BB from 1MB - 700kb or 750, whatever it is :) (Still not on 1.5MB, those of us still on 1mb are paying the same as those on 1.5 :mad: ).
Basicly I was wondering, whats the procedure for this?
I guess I need to call a support line, but whats the number?
If I have to put it in writing, whats the address?
Will I still have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, C4 & C5 through my STB? (I have no antenna on my roof)
Will I even get to keep the box or will they want to replace it with a SACM?

Thanks in advance for any advice, or even if its just a link to a thread I missed :)

scrotnig
23-09-2004, 16:02
Hello all, im not sure ive posted this in the right place and im not sure if there is allready a duplicate but I couldnt find it so I figured, what the hell!

Basicly I want to cancel My TV package completeley and downgrade my BB from 1MB - 700kb or 750, whatever it is :) (Still not on 1.5MB, those of us still on 1mb are paying the same as those on 1.5 :mad: ).
Basicly I was wondering, whats the procedure for this?
I guess I need to call a support line, but whats the number?
If I have to put it in writing, whats the address?
Will I still have BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, C4 & C5 through my STB? (I have no antenna on my roof)
Will I even get to keep the box or will they want to replace it with a SACM?

Thanks in advance for any advice, or even if its just a link to a thread I missed :)
What will happen is they will remove the set top box and fit a cable modem, they won't leave it on free channels only.

Your phone line is then £9.50 per month.

Customer Relations is who you need. 0800 052 1474.

Chris
23-09-2004, 16:03
The box is theirs, so once you have cancelled they should collect it. Whether they actually do is a different matter. With that in mind, they may well want to replace it with a SACM. I have heard of this happening in the past.

As for cancelling, you phone them on the usual 0800 number on your bill, which I can't remember offhand. I cancelled all my services due to moving house next month and did it all over the phone. I asked the CSR if I needed to confirm in writing and she said no.

EDIT Beaten to it by Mark :)

ZrByte
23-09-2004, 16:08
The box is theirs, so once you have cancelled they should collect it. Whether they actually do is a different matter. With that in mind, they may well want to replace it with a SACM. I have heard of this happening in the past.

As for cancelling, you phone them on the usual 0800 number on your bill, which I can't remember offhand. I cancelled all my services due to moving house next month and did it all over the phone. I asked the CSR if I needed to confirm in writing and she said no.

EDIT Beaten to it by Mark :)

What will happen is they will remove the set top box and fit a cable modem, they won't leave it on free channels only.

Your phone line is then £9.50 per month.

Customer Relations is who you need. 0800 052 1474.

Thankyou both, im not canceling just yet, though I thought I might aswel get the info ready for when I do.
BTW with regards to keeping my STB, I am in EX C&W area, I thought they still left us with the STB's here? or is that just a myth?

bob_builder
23-09-2004, 16:55
BTW with regards to keeping my STB, I am in EX C&W area, I thought they still left us with the STB's here? or is that just a myth?
I would imagine it is a myth. Even if they did leave the STB it would be useless for TV once you cancel as there are no free-to-view channels, all are encrypted.
You may be able to see Channels 1-5 via analogue by fitting a pass-though on the NTL cable and connecting it straight to your TV or video, however.

SMHarman
23-09-2004, 17:03
It's their choice whether to leave the STB or replace with SACM, for what you want to do I would imagine that they would just downgrade and leave you with the box as this can be done electronically and not involve coming out to see you.
08000522000 would be the number to use.