PDA

View Full Version : Bodybuilders' trousers?

Russ
23-09-2004, 12:47
Apologies for the very Peachy-esque post but does anyone know why bodybuilders wear those rediculous stripey trousers?? I've just been through Swansea and noticed all the local meatheads wearing them. I doubt it's because they can get away with it so does anyone have any ideas???

Chris
23-09-2004, 12:52
Peachey? Nope, to be Peachey-esque it would have to look more like this:

I was in Swansea yesterday
and saw a bodybuilder in ridiculous stripy trousers

and was wondering why?

any suggestions

;)

gazzae
23-09-2004, 12:55
Because they are short and the stripes make them look taller?

Why do chefs wear checked trousers?

Russ
23-09-2004, 12:59
But not all bodybuilders are short! Even the taller ones wear the pyjama-like strides.

Nugget
23-09-2004, 13:06
It's probably all of the steroids that they take - it'll have fused something important in the fashion-conciousness part of the brain.

Ramrod
23-09-2004, 13:26
They wear trousers like that partly because their upper thighs tend to chafe because they are so overdeveloped (so they need something loose and comfortable) and partly because that is the fashion amongst the bodybuilding fraternity.
(I used to train at 'proper' gyms for years--cheaper and you get better equipment)

Russ
23-09-2004, 14:25
Peachey? Nope, to be Peachey-esque it would have to look more like this:

;)

Having seen his latest post, I think you're probably right :D

nffc
23-09-2004, 15:34
Why do chefs wear checked trousers?
So they can see dirt on them I think...

Flubflow
23-09-2004, 15:40
They wear trousers like that partly because their upper thighs tend to chafe because they are so overdeveloped ....

Courduroys (http://www.smithscountrypursuits.co.uk/pages/corduroy.htm) would be a no-no then? (with all that chafing you'd hear them coming from a mile away).
:D

Maggy
23-09-2004, 20:54
I'm having trouble visualising these stripey lower garments.Has anyone got a picture? :D

P.S. that cordroy site picture is a bit surreal.I'd even suggest it is creepy. :disturbd:

Chris
23-09-2004, 20:56
Having seen his latest post, I think you're probably right :D

Yep, but he's gone again now :D :D