PDA

View Full Version : Best time of day to call tech support

Chimpy
22-09-2004, 13:10
I'm getting pretty fed up with the half hour waits to get through to a tech support advisor. Unfortunately I don't get home until gone 6pm. All I want to do is book an engineer to sort out my bad upstream power problem. Does anyone know if they are less busy during the morning?

Chris W
22-09-2004, 13:14
They are open until midnight.... what time do you go to bed...? Later in the evening (after 9:30) is often quieter

Chimpy
22-09-2004, 13:18
I could try calling later, but would they be able to book a technician that late? I don't want them to say "We'll get technician to call you back tomorrow to arrange a time" because they never do!

Chris W
22-09-2004, 13:38
I could try calling later, but would they be able to book a technician that late? I don't want them to say "We'll get technician to call you back tomorrow to arrange a time" because they never do!

You will receive a callback from your local faults office to arrange the appointment regardless of what time you speak to technical support.

Chimpy
22-09-2004, 13:53
Well they said that 2 weeks ago, then last week as well... oh well. I'll try calling again tonight. :\

gary_580
22-09-2004, 13:53
They are open until midnight....

Really? The last few times ive called im sure it said they closed at 10pm might have even been 8pm, im not sure, also said they are not open on Sundays either.

Chris W
22-09-2004, 13:59
Really? The last few times ive called im sure it said they closed at 10pm might have even been 8pm, im not sure, also said they are not open on Sundays either.

yep really.... i am there until midnight sometimes... ;) ;)

SMHarman
22-09-2004, 14:24
Customer Service is earlier, BB tech is midnight, but you need to dial the BB number (i don't know it) not the (0800 052 2000) number, unless the latest VRU / routing upgrade that seems to have occured there has fixed this.

I also find the times people are travelling work well 8-9 am 4:30-6:30 as people are in cars not on the phone.

Jason1
22-09-2004, 17:39
get a real isp with 24 hour tech support

Racingdick
22-09-2004, 18:00
like??????????????

paulyoung666
22-09-2004, 18:05

good idea unless the guy lives somewhere without adsl coverage or doesnt want to go to aol :disturbd: , why if you dont mind me asking is ntl not a real isp ????????????

Chris W
22-09-2004, 18:08

Definition of ISP- Internet Service Provider

ntl provide an internet service, therefore they are a "real isp" :rolleyes:

Racingdick
22-09-2004, 18:15
Why would most "normal" people need technical support? Most Normal people sleep at night or there working night shifts...

Ramrod
22-09-2004, 18:23
I find 9:00:01 am to be a good time to ring CS :)

Racingdick
22-09-2004, 18:30
:clap: get a real isp with 24 hour tech support
pity there no award for the most numptiest comments.. :dozey:

Racingdick
22-09-2004, 18:39
BTW Was said in a joking way

Jason1
22-09-2004, 20:45
good idea unless the guy lives somewhere without adsl coverage or doesnt want to go to aol :disturbd: , why if you dont mind me asking is ntl not a real isp ????????????

Ntl mucked me about so much, cable in street was broke over a year they sent 40 engineers out to find out what was wrong they replaced my stb about 8 times i finally said enough is enough i want all the cables replacing, They then sent a senior tech engineer out to confirm this was need which it was. It then took 7 weeks for a repull and they sent out the dodgy kelly contractors who refused to do it because there was 3 of them & they only get £25 per job by 3 for how ever long it took could have another stb though if I wanted one, their magic cure to all faults I refused they left at this point called c/s to be told i would have to wait another month. In the end i told them to stuff it changed in feb to bt & got sky+ after ntl refunded all i had paid from october 2001 to Febuary 2004 if i dropped court action. I took my complaint to all levels at ntl to no avail including having manAgers from other regions contacting swansea on my behalf :mad: imo they didnt know their *rse from their elbow.

paulyoung666
22-09-2004, 22:43
Ntl mucked me about so much, cable in street was broke over a year they sent 40 engineers out to find out what was wrong they replaced my stb about 8 times i finally said enough is enough i want all the cables replacing, They then sent a senior tech engineer out to confirm this was need which it was. It then took 7 weeks for a repull and they sent out the dodgy kelly contractors who refused to do it because there was 3 of them & they only get £25 per job by 3 for how ever long it took could have another stb though if I wanted one, their magic cure to all faults I refused they left at this point called c/s to be told i would have to wait another month. In the end i told them to stuff it changed in feb to bt & got sky+ after ntl refunded all i had paid from october 2001 to Febuary 2004 if i dropped court action. I took my complaint to all levels at ntl to no avail including having manAgers from other regions contacting swansea on my behalf :mad: imo they didnt know their *rse from their elbow.

ok , so you had a bad do by them :erm: :erm: :erm:

dont mean the rest of the country will ;)

Reddevil63
23-09-2004, 01:35
You will receive a callback from your local faults office to arrange the appointment regardless of what time you speak to technical support.

I disagree on my part.

Twice TS said the faults dept would ring me for an appointment and got no call from them which is bad, very bad!! :(

Ended up with TS putting me straight thru to the faults dept.....that worked! :D