PDA

View Full Version : Company done a runner !

Mike
19-09-2004, 19:34
Hi all

I brought something on my credit card and have now found the company has done a runner ! Can I reclaim this from and credit card company and more important is there any time limit because it was a few months ago.

Any ideas

Thanks

Mike

Lord Nikon
19-09-2004, 19:35
contact your credit card company and explain to them, see what they can do

Bifta
19-09-2004, 19:48
Hi all

I brought something on my credit card and have now found the company has done a runner ! Can I reclaim this from and credit card company and more important is there any time limit because it was a few months ago.

Any ideas

Thanks

Mike

Silly question, but you said it was a few months ago, did you receive the item?

paulyoung666
19-09-2004, 19:51
Hi all

Any ideas

Thanks

Mike

needs to be over £100 and less than £30000 iirc :erm:

MovedGoalPosts
19-09-2004, 19:56
I think you have to have spent over £100 on the item for the credit card to have a liability.

Having said that in the past I have had partial refund of an annual gym membership (in the days that I pretended that I had too much energy), for the months that the gym went bust, and also a credit for part of a furniture order being a part taht wernt delivered before they wnet belly up.

The moral of the sotry being, pay by credit card for anything large, even if you do have the dosh, then keep the dosh in your savings account, earn interest for up to two months and then pay off the credit card whilst having the security provided by credit acts.

Make the Credit card work for you. Its why it costs extra to use one at some shops, because one way oranother the credit card services and backup must be financed.

Ramrod
19-09-2004, 20:09
Having said that in the past I have had partial refund of an annual gym membership (in the days that I pretended that I had too much energy), for the months that the gym went bust, and also a credit for part of a furniture order being a part taht wernt delivered before they wnet belly up.You should let us know who you are planning to buy from next......so we can avoid those companies :erm: :D

Nidge
19-09-2004, 22:33
You should let us know who you are planning to buy from next......so we can avoid those companies :erm: :D

Good idea :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Nidge
19-09-2004, 22:37
Hi all

Any ideas

Thanks

Mike

I bought a computer from a firm in Teeside called Fich and chips, they didn't deliver so I got a refund from my credit card. A few months later a great big parcel got dropped off by a courier, I opened it and there was a full package, monitor, tower the lot. I phoned Nat West to tell them they said send it back because you've been refunded for it. I phoned them up and they said we'll get a van round to pick it up within 4 working days, 3 months later nothing, I phoned the bank again who said they've had enough time to collect it it's now yours to keep.

MovedGoalPosts
20-09-2004, 00:54
You should let us know who you are planning to buy from next......so we can avoid those companies :erm: :D

Not fair :(

Good idea :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Decides to :sulk: in a corner :cry:

Graham
21-09-2004, 13:12

Provided the amount you spent was between £100 and £30,000 , under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit act the Credit Card Company is jointly and severally liable for the purchase.

Consequently you should write to them with the details of the purchase, the company and any other information applicable and tell them that you are exercising your right to reclaim the money from them since the contract (ie purchase) you entered into has not been fulfilled.

Chris
21-09-2004, 13:15
jointly and severally liable

I just don't know what it is about that phrase but it's so darned satisfying to say (or use in a letter). Maybe it's because it's legal speak for 'up yours, pay up!'

:D