PDA

View Full Version : Error messages - bugcode_usb_driver

sarah_2677
17-09-2004, 13:48
Hello,

I am on the 24.99 broadband package. For the last week or so for no apparent reason I get a blue screen with either BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER or Driver IRQL is less than equal. I then have to reboot the pc. I read a post on a different site which said something about the USB connection and it will work if it's a network card or something. I am a computer novice so literally anything technical goes straight over my head. The modem that I am using is a motorola SURFboard 4100. I'd be grateful if any could help. (PS. I'm also in scunthorpe if that has anything to do with it, was ready an earlier post). Thanks

Chris
17-09-2004, 13:52
:welcome: to Cable Forum, Sarah. What you're hearing about network cards is true, 'Ethernet' is a far easier and less problematic way to connect to NTL broadband. You can see if your PC has a network card installed - have a look round the back for a hole that is the same shape as the modem phone line one, only somewhat bigger. If you have one, you should use it; it will solve your USB driver problem immediately (because you won't need the USB drivers any more!)

However, I am not a techy, so I will leave any more detailed instructions about switching to Ethernet to someone else. There are probably a few people around here who can tell you what the USB error message means too.