PDA

View Full Version : need help with photos

blackthorn
10-08-2003, 20:08
This problem is driving me nuts but I`m sure there is a solution somewhere.
I`ve got loads of digi pictures of my grandaughter on floppy and in a separate folder in my docs. They are all in jpeg format.
I`ve got adobe photoshop7, ulead photo express and mgi suite.
What I`m trying to do is put about 4-6 different pics on to 1 A4 sheet of paper and I just cant seem to get past getting 1 on to it.
I can manage to print thumbnails but thats not what I want.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Xaccers
10-08-2003, 20:13
May sounds strange, but I find Word to be great for printing photo's, especially if you need to increase their size!

(just remember to set the pic as floating over text so you can place it anywhere on the page)

blackthorn
10-08-2003, 20:36
Thanks, just tried that and your right, it does work, cheers for that.
But, (and I really do appreciate it) there must be a way of doing it in the photo programs.
I`m annoyed know that I`ve spent money on photo programs only to find out , it can be done in word.

idi banashapan
10-08-2003, 21:16
Pics print my friend.... 30 days free. once that is up, you cannot print, although I have found that you can print the page as a JPG file, open it in adobe, THEN print!!!! YAY ME!!!!!

http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10215478.html?tag=lst-0-1

bonzoe
11-08-2003, 16:23
Adobe Photodeluxe (came with my printer) does albums, this lets you put more than 1 photo per page, seems to be on the lines that you want. Must be something similar with full versions.

ic14
11-08-2003, 18:35
Adobe photodeluxe isnt made any more,

Id recommand the cut down version of photoshop, photoshop elements, it lets you put more than one photo on the page and its pretty cheap at the mo

tabatha
11-08-2003, 20:38
Hi blackthorn...can be done easily with photoshop 4,,5,,7..have PMd you.....

Tricky
11-08-2003, 20:40
Originally posted by tabatha
Hi blackthorn...can be done easily with photoshop 4,,5,,7..

And to do this you would start a new A4 sized document, then open each image in turn. Copy the original image and then paste it into the new one (A4) use Transform (Ctrl+T I think!) to adjust the size of the pasted image. Repeat process number of times until you have your 6 images as required.

You can then print the output...

I do this all the time in order to get two images on a A4 sheet.

blackthorn
11-08-2003, 21:46
Many thanks everyone for all your help

Theodoric
14-08-2003, 13:19
There are 2 ways that I know of:

1) If you have access to a PC with Win XP on it, then if you select 4 pictures from Explorer and use the Print command, then start the Print Wizard you are given a number of choices, one of which is to print all 4 pictures on a single A4 sheet; XP does all the hard work for you.

2) Use CorelDRAW. You can paste as many pictures as want on a sheet, crop, resize, rotate them etc and then print. The only problem is you will probably need access to CorelDRAW at work, college etc as I'm sure that no private citizen has ever been able to afford his own copy!