PDA

View Full Version : Scunthorpe net dropouts happeneing again, I think

Bubo
16-09-2004, 23:13
Last couple of days net has been dropping out again at fairly regular intervals. Just had a 20 minutes MOHAA session and net froze 4 times for about 6 seconds each. Symptoms same as before, i.e. cable lights stay on, msn logs out etc. Doesn't seem quite as bad as last time but still makes online gaming pointless. Can anyone else concur and more importantly can and ntl rep confirm a fix is underway?

jarrvo
17-09-2004, 10:09
im also in scunthorpe and had some problems too.

not really been on the net at home much this week though, was going to flash my router firmware and do a reset of the modem and router as i thought it was my end.

will check tonight when i get home.

Mauldor
17-09-2004, 11:00
I noticed it - not as bad as before - this is what I noticed though...
I was uploadin my web site and FTP would stop dead at random times, pause for 5 mins or so then carry on (as FTP does anyhow). To be honest I've given up even complaining about it - starting to loose count now at the same old problem.

It seems to have passed now though (friday 17th Sep) - last 3/4 times it was pretty bad but this time ive not noticed it as much, then again I aint been on MSN or played Online Game, mainly uploading files to a web site (small - loots of them) and changed proxy - this def speeded up the net - pages now near instant, only wish NTL would remove proxys.

One i using found on here : 80.3.96.40 Port 8080

Oh points to note though, I was on 1.5mbit when we had the last few problems, ive now downgraded to 750 - not sure if this matters one tot like..

Bubo
18-09-2004, 22:51
Just had another 20 minute MOHAA session and its seems to have got worse, froze at least 10 times for 10 seconds minimum each time. Makes NTL completely redundant for playing online games.

What makes this SOOOOO frustrating, is that since this first started happening back in June, each time it has miraculously been fixed, no one from NTL has come on to say whether they actually did anything to fix it, or what was causing it in the first place, so for all I know the magic pixies from Narnia fixed it. I would gladly trade my "free" 750K upgrade for a service which I might be able to play online games on.

Feeling utterly pished off here.