PDA

View Full Version : non charitable shield

Atomic22
10-08-2003, 19:39
djemba djemba ?
what sort of name is that?
good game though and the best team won.
how arsenal only had 1 sent off and not 3 though is amazing.
then again the refs always favour every other team over united and seem to bend over backwards to let arsenal get a result.

"bring on the prawn sandwiches"

kronas
10-08-2003, 19:47
hey dont take the mick out of him hes a good player we will win trophys this season if we can get that consistancy back in to our form

the ref was shocking that goal should not have happened wasent even a freekick to arsenal.......

imback
10-08-2003, 20:08
Originally posted by kronas

the ref was shocking that goal should not have happened wasent even a freekick to arsenal.......

Still could have defended it though;) Howard looked nervous during the game, but both keepers made good stops in the shoot out. I have always hated Jeffers and his sending off shows why

kronas
10-08-2003, 20:11
Originally posted by imback
Still could have defended it though;) Howard looked nervous during the game, but both keepers made good stops in the shoot out. I have always hated Jeffers and his sending off shows why

should have been defended better a brittle wall can we call it a wall ?

howard seems a sound keeper to me

jeffers has talent but hes a hot head

Steve H
10-08-2003, 20:15
Oh yeah, and tell me why the hell P.Neville wasnt send off for trying to stop him moving.

kronas
10-08-2003, 20:18
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Oh yeah, and tell me why the hell P.Neville wasnt send off for trying to stop him moving.

because he didnt try and kick out at someone :rolleyes:

Steve H
10-08-2003, 20:37
Look at the replay, Jeffers got up, and attempted to go after the ball.. Neville Grabbed hold of him, He then attempted to shake him free, but he kept hold.. and pulled him down. Neville deserved to go, Not jeffers.. It was unfourtunate he kicked out.

blackthorn
10-08-2003, 21:02
There would be no players left on the pitch if you sent everyone off for holding someone back or going after the ball. It`s common practise in games now.
Now everyone knows how to wind Jeffers up and it wont be the last time he`s sent off this season. It`s his own fault.
Campell should have gone as well, pity they wont use vid evidence, he`ll never learn either.
Bad losers the Arsenal are.

imback
10-08-2003, 22:25
Jeffers is a complete child, I hate him, he is always diving andacting a fool, ad he deserved to go for the kick, even though I hate Man U.

Can't wait for the start of the real games next week wooooooo hooooooooo.

kronas
11-08-2003, 00:19
Originally posted by Steve_NTL
Look at the replay, Jeffers got up, and attempted to go after the ball.. Neville Grabbed hold of him, He then attempted to shake him free, but he kept hold.. and pulled him down. Neville deserved to go, Not jeffers.. It was unfourtunate he kicked out.

the way i viewed it jeffers kicked him he neville was harmed = red card

*looks and sees the man utd haters supporters club in pursuit :rolleyes:

yesman
11-08-2003, 00:45
Jeffers is a complete child, I hate him, he is always diving andacting a fool, ad he deserved to go for the kick, even though I hate Man U.

Jeffers deserved to get sent off for his reaction to the tackle, although strong, was fair IMO.

What else would you expect with a tackle from "bite ya legs" Phil Neville lol

I just have this feeling Jeffers wont be on Arsenal's books for much longer :) but then again, Wenger will probably see it as a Plus factor

Russ
11-08-2003, 07:13

Neither can I - we can go back to our annual tradition of whipping Liverpool again :D :D

timewarrior2001
11-08-2003, 10:00
Man Utd are cheaters. No ref would dare give a decision against them that resulted in a player sent off.
If Roy didnt headbutt him Fergi would castrate him.

Its blatantly obvious on some replays that Man Utd are as dirty as any other team, but they always seem to get away with it.
If anyone dares get to close to them they whinge to the ref, if they get a knock they flatten the guilty player next chance they get.

Steve H
11-08-2003, 10:15
Originally posted by kronas
*looks and sees the man utd haters supporters club in pursuit :rolleyes:

I wouldn't waste my time :sleep:

blackthorn
11-08-2003, 10:37
A ref wouldnt send a united player off eh, tell that to Roy keane.
Players sent off in 2002/2003 season. Bar the top 7, it does seem that players learn to kerb their temper. The usual suspects are on the list.
Queudrue Middlesboro 3
Campbell Arsenal 2
Pearce West Ham Utd 2
Smith Leeds Utd 2
Weir Everton 2
Wright-Phillips Man City 2
Ziege Tottenham 2
Anderton Tottenham 1
Babayaro Chelsea 1
Benarbia Man City 1
Brevett Fulham 1
Campo Bolton Wand 1
Cisse Birmingham City 1
Dabizas Newcastle Utd 1
Davies Tottenham 1
Diao Liverpool 1
Dublin Aston Villa 1
Enckelman Aston Villa 1
Flitcroft Blackburn Rvs 1
Gardner Bolton Wand 1
Gerrard Liverpool 1
Goma Fulham 1
Griffin Newcastle Utd 1
Gudjonsson, J Aston Villa 1
Horsfield Birmingham City 1
Hoult West Brom 1
Hyypia Liverpool 1
Jensen Man City 1
Johnson West Brom 1
Kanoute West Ham Utd 1
Keane Man Utd 1
Kiely Charlton Ath 1
Knight Fulham 1
Koncheskey Charlton Ath 1
Laville Bolton Wand 1
Lomas West Ham Utd 1
Marlet Fulham 1
McInnes West Brom 1
Naysmith Everton 1
Neill Blackburn Rvs 1
N'Gotty Bolton Wand 1
Perry Tottenham 1
Poyet Tottenham 1
Purse Birmingham City 1
Repka West Ham Utd 1
Robert Newcastle Utd 1
Roberts West Brom 1
Rooney Everton 1
Staunton Aston Villa 1
Stewart Sunderland 1
Stubbs Everton 1
Sun Jihai Man City 1
Svennson Southampton 1
Taylor Fulham 1
Tebily Birmingham City 1
Tiatto Man City 1
Todd Blackburn Rvs 1
Tugay Blackburn Rvs 1
Unsworth Everton 1
Upson Birmingham City 1
Vieira Arsenal 1
Williams West Brom 1
Wilson Middlesboro 1
Wome Fulham 1
Yobo Everton 1

gazzae
11-08-2003, 10:42
Originally posted by timewarrior2001
Man Utd are cheaters. No ref would dare give a decision against them that resulted in a player sent off.
If Roy didnt headbutt him Fergi would castrate him.

Its blatantly obvious on some replays that Man Utd are as dirty as any other team, but they always seem to get away with it.
If anyone dares get to close to them they whinge to the ref, if they get a knock they flatten the guilty player next chance they get.

YAWN, it gets boring the 100th time you hear it. :rolleyes:

Jealously is a terrible thing :D

timewarrior2001
11-08-2003, 12:48
Why would I be jealous of Man Utd. I go to watch football not prima donnas who cant handle a contact sport.
Mind you seeing as I dont live in Manchester I have already passed the first test of a Man Utd supporter.

Saying that, I dont think I could pay the prices....they are going to want to reclaim some of the money they just been fined over price fixing of their strips....and multiple changes in one season is just too much.

No thanks I'll stick with Middlesbrough, who percentage percentage of towns population/season ticket holders makes then the best supported club in the UK.
Was in all the national papers last year......not sure where you could find out the info, but feel free to check.:D

Come to think of it....I actually go watch Billingham Synthonia more than Middlesbrough, they play in the Albany Northern league so I guess I am a grass roots supporter.

gazzae
11-08-2003, 13:40
For prima donnas who can't handle a contact sport they seem to be pretty successfull.
But of course thats only down to the ref's decisions going for United isn't it?

I'm fed off with people ****ging off Man Utd. Esp people (not referring to you timewarrior2001) who don't have a clue about the club that they proclaim to support.

There are plenty of reasons to **** off Utd, Van Nistelrooys diving for one. (Thats really ****es me off) but ref's being bias only towards Utd thats bull****!

TigaSefi
11-08-2003, 13:48
Originally posted by Russ D
Neither can I - we can go back to our annual tradition of whipping Liverpool again :D :D

Eh ? knob off... we beaten u more times now in the last 3 seasons... shush mate.... bring it on :D

imback
11-08-2003, 15:12

Be nice, I haven't gone on an I hate Man U rant, do you know how much effort that has taken:D

Anyway, I bet we beat you in both Prem games this year, it's just a feeling I got.

gazzae
11-08-2003, 15:21
ah Liverpool :D My least favourite team.

I had to laugh this summer. They buy Kewell. A left footed play. He passes with his left, shoots with his left, what do the Pool do? Stick him on the right!!!! :rolleyes:

Russ D, Its usually Liverpool who whip us, hopefully we'll make it an annual tradition over the next few seasons!

imback
11-08-2003, 15:24
Originally posted by gazzae
<snip>

Yep really stupid decision playing Kewell on the right, but hey like all Liverpool bashers, obviously aint seen them lately, only know what you read about it, as he played the last 2 games on the left, and won man of the match;) And we have the wonderkid LeTallec, he is something.

And Russ, he's right, if you lose it tends to be us that beats you:p

TigaSefi
11-08-2003, 15:25
come on out russ d wherever ur hiding u baldy :D :D :D.... let the rantings commence.

orangebird
11-08-2003, 15:26
Originally posted by TigaSefi
Eh ? knob off... we beaten u more times now in the last 3 seasons... shush mate.... bring it on :D

How cares??? How many Premiership titles have you won in the last three seasons?? ;)

imback
11-08-2003, 15:28
Originally posted by orangebird
How cares??? How many Premiership titles have you won in the last three seasons?? ;)

But surely it was in response to Russ saying back to beating Liverpool, not a mine is bigger than yours argument;) :D

TigaSefi
11-08-2003, 15:30
yeah, I was just correcting a fact most ManUre fans get wrong :D so don't even start :D

gazzae
11-08-2003, 15:37
Yep really stupid decision playing Kewell on the right, but hey like all Liverpool bashers, obviously aint seen them lately, only know what you read about it, as he played the last 2 games on the left, and won man of the match;) And we have the wonderkid LeTallec, he is something.

And Russ, he's right, if you lose it tends to be us that beats you:p

Huh? i didn't know that your matches against Aberdeen and Valencia were on the TV

And we have the wonderkid LeTallec, he is something.
Did you see him play? He was meant to be amazing when you played Crewe.

I was extremly impressed with Eric Djemba when we played Lisbon. A definate replacement for Keane when he moves into defence.

Russ
11-08-2003, 16:13
come on out russ d wherever ur hiding u baldy :D :D :D.... let the rantings commence.

Well some of us have work to do.....

Whilst others have dilusions of grandeur... :rolleyes:

TigaSefi
11-08-2003, 16:33
Well some of us have work to do.....

Whilst others have dilusions of grandeur... :rolleyes:

Are you saying that you want evidence that we whipped you more often than not in the last 3 seasons? Cos I can provide it... gladly....

Russ
11-08-2003, 17:20
In the last 3 seasons....with liverpool supporters there's always a condition to every point... :D

When we say how often we've won the Premiership they always say "Well who's won the championship the most??" OK that's the Pool, but do you really think you'll win it again before United have a chance to overtake you????? :D :D

Atomic22
11-08-2003, 20:05
yup the pool aint got a cat in hells chance of winning the league in the next 10 years.
also if you count back over say 10 seasons instead of 3 man utd have beaten pool more than they have beaten us.
and.........if you look at the figures for the entire history of english football man utd are the only team to have beaten every other team they have played more times than that team has beaten them (this is true)

imback
11-08-2003, 20:27
Huh? i didn't know that your matches against Aberdeen and Valencia were on the TV

Watched them live on the Liverpool web site:)

They have a good clip section on their, free to view, of LeTallec, he looks like he could be amazing, he has vision, which is laking in our team, he can pass, run and shoot, and he is only 18, I hope he gets his chance this year.

yesman
12-08-2003, 00:26
Man Utd 'sign young Ronaldo'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3142959.stm

Great News IMO, if its true that is.......

But then I am slighly biased :D

imback
12-08-2003, 01:18
Originally posted by yesman

I have heard alot of great things baout him, but everytime I have watched him there seems to be better players in the team ( Portugal U21's that is)

Any way with response to Man U's signings this summer, all I am saying is CM4, anyone who plays it will know what I am off about, since they have now been linked with Adu, and if you aint got a clue what I mean, check my post on .com cos can't be botherd to post it again:p

EDIT : trust me if he is given his chance this year, LeTallect will be THE wonderkid of the season;)

The Diplomat
12-08-2003, 06:55
Originally posted by yesman

Phew , that's a bit of luck.... now they can use the shirts they made for someone else they arrogantly assumed would sign for them!! ;)

gazzae
12-08-2003, 08:42
Originally posted by The Diplomat
Phew , that's a bit of luck.... now they can use the shirts they made for someone else they arrogantly assumed would sign for them!! ;)

You what? When did United "arrogantly assume" that Ronaldo would sign for them? :confused:

TigaSefi
12-08-2003, 09:12
Ronaldinho :D

gazzae
12-08-2003, 09:27
I know that, just was confused as why The Diplomat would think that Cristiano Ronaldo would wear a shirt with Ronaldinho on the back.

Russ
12-08-2003, 09:31
I know that, just was confused as why The Diplomat would think that Cristiano Ronaldo would wear a shirt with Ronaldinho on the back.

Come on, you know the rules, nothing should stand in the way of a 'football' fan making a Man Utd joke..... :rolleyes: :D

TigaSefi
12-08-2003, 09:33
can use a red marker and scrub some letters out and add another letter etc..... :p anyways my original argument was that the tradition of whipping Liverpool as Russ D puts it is incorrect and results shown that we'd had beaten you more times in the last few seasons. That is all, none of the bs about winning leagues etc were mentions in my post and please remind urself that point.

Russ
12-08-2003, 09:40
anyways my original argument was that the tradition of whipping Liverpool as Russ D puts it is incorrect and results shown that we'd had beaten you more times in the last few seasons

In the last few seasons? Bet that cheered you up a bit, after the continuous years of losing to us. Mind you, one United player who will always be greatful to Scouse FC will be 'Donkey' Diego Forlan, the only game where he managed to score 2 goals was against....hmmm....now I've forgotten, who were they again??? :D

gazzae
12-08-2003, 09:42
anyways my original argument was that the tradition of whipping Liverpool as Russ D puts it is incorrect and results shown that we'd had beaten you more times in the last few seasons. That is all, none of the bs about winning leagues etc were mentions in my post and please remind urself that point.

I agree you have beaten us more times in the last couple of seasons. I never said that it wasn't true.

Anyway remind yourself of these points... In the premiership Manchester United have beaten you more times. And in the entire history of the football league Manchester United have beaten you more times.

gazzae
12-08-2003, 09:44
In the last few seasons? Bet that cheered you up a bit, after the continuous years of losing to us. Mind you, one United player who will always be greatful to Scouse FC will be 'Donkey' Diego Forlan, the only game where he managed to score 2 goals was against....hmmm....now I've forgotten, who were they again??? :D

Club America and Barcelona? ;)

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 09:52
I still laugh out loud when Man Utd thought they had got one over on Boro with signing Forlan. Looks like Boro got the last laugh there.
Oh yeah and then theres that amazing player that was so vital........veron was his name.......absoulte crap was his game.

ok ok I'll leave the poetry to professionals.

I know Boro have had their fair share of dud strikers etc but what do you expect from a club that has won nothing besides promotion.
The beauty about being a boro fan though is when we stick it to the big teams we do it in style. Not one boro fan ever thought we would beat Man Utd on Boxing day but recently we have been beating them and it feels good.

gazzae
12-08-2003, 10:14
timewarrior2001, diego forlan scored 6 goals in the league last season. Most of his apperances were as subs.

Why don't you tell us how many goals Boro's leading scorer had in the league last season?

Russ
12-08-2003, 10:37
The beauty about being a boro fan though is when we stick it to the big teams we do it in style. Not one boro fan ever thought we would beat Man Utd on Boxing day but recently we have been beating them and it feels good.

In an odd paradox yes we'll thank you too because that game was the motivation for United to step it up a gear and went on a mad unbeated spree (which, in a season is what Wenger thinks Arsenal can do) to win the league.

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 12:13
timewarrior2001, diego forlan scored 6 goals in the league last season. Most of his apperances were as subs.

Why don't you tell us how many goals Boro's leading scorer had in the league last season?

Massimo Macaroni scored 9 goals in the 2002/2003 premiership, and he was dropped for a good few months.

does that answer your question?

In reply to Russ, yes it did seem the boro gave UTD a kick up the arse.
Boro almost managed a season unbeaten at home, our priority is to get the riverside back to a place other teams hate playing in. used to be known as Fortress riverside because it was difficult for teams to get a win there.
Boro may not be a huge team, they may not have 25 goals a season players, what we do have is a team that are hungry, a chairman thats a huge fan, and the financial situation to get us higher and higher in the league.
Once the Boro win a trophy the team wil change and we will be up there qualifying for europe.

The Diplomat
12-08-2003, 12:15

So am I....:confused: :blush:

Curse late night drinking. :D

Anyway, how much would we have to pay AF not to chew gum in that disgusting fashion all game? ;)

TigaSefi
12-08-2003, 12:25
heh, I look forward to the time when AF jaw locks up and his team playin' terrible (it does happen) and he can't bellow for peanuts and loses lol.......

gazzae
12-08-2003, 12:42
Massimo Macaroni scored 9 goals in the 2002/2003 premiership, and he was dropped for a good few months.

does that answer your question?

Yep it does.

Diego Forlan - 25 games - 17 as sub - 6 goals
Massimo Maccarone - 34 games - 8 as sub - 9 Goals

I know who i would rather have in my team.

Russ
12-08-2003, 13:02
heh, I look forward to the time when AF jaw locks up and his team playin' terrible (it does happen) and he can't bellow for peanuts and loses lol.......

OK is that the level you're decending to now?? Ha!!

grum1978
12-08-2003, 13:02
Yep it does.

Diego Forlan - 25 games - 17 as sub - 6 goals
Massimo Maccarone - 34 games - 8 as sub - 9 Goals

I know who i would rather have in my team.

So do i Massimo is going to be someone to watch :D :D :D

gazzae
12-08-2003, 13:25
Originally posted by grum1978
So do i Massimo is going to be someone to watch :D :D :D

So's Forlan. joint leading scorer on United pre-season tour. (Even if he did have the miss of the decade).

Diego, Ooh-oh, he comes from Uruguay. He made the scousers cry! Diego, Ooh-oh!

Who put the ball in the scousers net?
Who put the ball in the scousers net?
Jerzy, Jerzy, Dudek.

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 14:05
Oh yeah and the boro have Osvaldo Giroldo Junior Juninho Paulista. :D

Q) What's the difference between Caprice and Man United's Goalie?

A) Caprice has only got 2 t*ts in front of her!

Q) What's the difference between a Hedgehog and Old Trafford?

A) A Hedgehog has the pr*cks on the outside!

TOP TIP FOR MAN UTD FANS:

Don't waste money on expensive new kits each season, simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support!

TigaSefi
12-08-2003, 14:11
Oh yeah and the boro have Osvaldo Giroldo Junior Juninho Paulista. :D

Q) What's the difference between Caprice and Man United's Goalie?

A) Caprice has only got 2 t*ts in front of her!

Q) What's the difference between a Hedgehog and Old Trafford?

A) A Hedgehog has the pr*cks on the outside!

TOP TIP FOR MAN UTD FANS:

Don't waste money on expensive new kits each season, simply strap a large inflatable penis to your forehead, and everyone will immediately know which team you support!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

imback
12-08-2003, 14:12
So's Forlan. joint leading scorer on United pre-season tour.

Heskey is for Liverpool, so doesn't make him a good player ;) :D

TigaSefi
12-08-2003, 14:13
Heskey is for Liverpool, so doesn't make him a good player ;) :D

but but but he must be good.... he plays for England :D

gazzae
12-08-2003, 14:18
Whats wrong with Heskey? He's a strong player who can hold the ball up, thats whats required when teams play the long ball strategy.

gazzae
12-08-2003, 14:21
Major honours won by Middlesbrough FC

:p

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 14:22
Q How many Manchester United players does it take to change a lightbulb?

A seven, one to change it, five to moan about it and Ferguson to say that if the ref had done his job in the first place the light bulb would never have gone out.

Four surgeons are taking a coffee break. One asks which type of person is the best to operate on, instantly one surgeon states that it is Manchester United fan because they are heartless, spineless, gutless and also their heads and arses are interchangeable.

The Man Utd virus:

Your PC develops a disorder whereby the memory forgets everything before 1992.

The Man Utd shirt virus:

This one is especially hard to combat as it changes its format every three months.

The Phil Neville virus:

The lights on your PC are all on but nothing works
The Roy Keane virus:

Throws you out of windows.

The Bosnich virus:

Your PC won't save anything

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 14:23
Major honours won by Middlesbrough FC

:p

Hey wow, an intelligent Man Utd fan, you spelt Middlesbrough right :D .......or did you cut n paste?

orangebird
12-08-2003, 14:25
There's been threads like this on .com before, and I still don't get it - I don't support Man U, but I have absolutely nothing against them - they're a fine team (esp. RVN :naughty: )

Is it really a just a little bit of jealousy & bitterness? :erm:

gazzae
12-08-2003, 14:27
Originally posted by orangebird

Is it really a just a little bit of jealousy & bitterness? :erm:

Nah just a bit of banter. ;)

Anyway timewarrior, I have to agree with one of your jokes. There is a hell of a lot of Man United fans about who didn't know the club existed before 1992.

timewarrior2001
12-08-2003, 14:30
Most people will tell you they hate Man utd not out of jealousy, but out of the contempt the Man Utd fans have for everyone else.
To back this up[ I only have to point out the banner that was unfolded when Man U played Leeds. not long after the two Leeds fans had been stabbed to death In Istanbul.
"MUFC Istanbul REDS" it read.

The fact that Manchester Utd, whether the fans like it or not are a pampered team, until they get into Europe where with one Very VERY lucky exception they are only a moderate team. Like I mentioned earlier, Man Utd players are not the angels they think they are, its more that Referees will ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to Man Utd.

Its situations like this that makes opposing fans so Irrate with Manchester United.

In reply to Gazzae:-
Well you know most boro fans appeared in 1997. Funny that isnt it? two cup finals and still f*ck all to show for it :(

gazzae
12-08-2003, 14:47
That banner was disgusting.

Things like this happen at every football club cause every club have some ****ers as fans.

After all Man City fans refer to Man Utd as munich, in fact one of Citys chants goes like this...

Who's that lying on the runway
Who's that lying in the snow
Its Matt Busby and his boys
making all the ****ing noise
coz they couldn't get the airplane to go

Anyway most Man City fans are too thick to realise that one of their great players also died in the crash.

imback
12-08-2003, 14:59
Whats wrong with Heskey?

It was a joke man, I think he is a tidy player that had a bad seaosn last year.

Russ
12-08-2003, 15:57
but but but he must be good.... he plays for England :D

2 words - Phil Neville?

orangebird
12-08-2003, 16:06
2 words - Phil Neville?

:zzz: :zzz:

gazzae
12-08-2003, 16:08
Is a versitile player. Can play the majority of positions, even puts the ball in the net now and again.

And don't forget this is the same Phil Neville who played Pat Viera out of the game when Arsenal played us in the league at OT.

Atomic22
12-08-2003, 19:26
hehehe the jokes and snide comments have started early this year...
bring em on we can take any jealous crap you throw at us.....and we have heard all timewarriors old jokes last season
as i said last year why not try bragging about your team instead of slating ours all the time.......at least the boro fan does that and has some pride in his own team instead of pretending not to support man utd but spending your life reading and writing about them like the closet man utd fans we know you all are.