PDA

View Full Version : Ip Address

porpoise
14-09-2004, 22:46
how do I force a change of my IP Address ? Unplug my cable modem overnight ?

paulyoung666
14-09-2004, 22:47
my first question would be , why do you want to change your i.p. address :)

porpoise
14-09-2004, 22:50
because I play mohaas online and accidentally killed a lot of people so now ive been banned !!!

paulyoung666
14-09-2004, 22:53
because I play mohaas online and accidentally killed a lot of people so now ive been banned !!!

so you want to cheat your way back in to the game , shame on you , itchy trigger finger is a horrible affliction , try another game :p: :p: :p: , semi seriously , you could try leaving your modem powered down for a while and you may get a new i.p. address , then again you my not , i am not sure about this but if you change tier you may get a new i.p. address :)

Caspar
14-09-2004, 22:55
Paul's right about shutting down your modem and hope someone else in your locale renewes theirs and gets your old 'banned' one.

You could switch ISPs, seems a bit drastic!

You could be nice and stop TK'ing and email the host that banned you and apologise!

Play on a different server, bare in mind tho that MOHAA does not have an inbuilt ability to ban IPs. They will be running some server admin tool that holds your IP. Tho not sure how this help you!!!! The IP may get unbanned automatically in 180 days or some other arbitary count.

paulyoung666
14-09-2004, 22:57
Paul's right about shutting down your modem and hope someone else in your locale renewes theirs and gets your old 'banned' one.

You could switch ISPs, seems a bit drastic!

You could be nice and stop TK'ing and email the host that banned you and apologise!

now thats a good point , a grovel might sort you out :D :D :D :D

Tezcatlipoca
14-09-2004, 22:58
Some info: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/dhcp.html#long

Shaun
14-09-2004, 23:04
Switch from Ethernet to USB or vise versa will do it :)

HTH

P.S. Its nice to be nice ;)

Graham M
14-09-2004, 23:04
I assume that MOH bans by some sort of Authentication code like a Steam ID or whatever. Surely then the only way to get around this is to buy a new copy of the game.

Paul
14-09-2004, 23:08
because I play mohaas online and accidentally killed a lot of people so now ive been banned !!!I don't play online games so excuse me if this is a daft question - but how do you 'accidently' kill loads of people ?

porpoise
14-09-2004, 23:10
by being careless with hand grenades !!!!

Tezcatlipoca
14-09-2004, 23:11
I don't play online games so excuse me if this is a daft question - but how do you 'accidently' kill loads of people ?

LOL, very easily!

Steve H
14-09-2004, 23:12
I don't play online games so excuse me if this is a daft question - but how do you 'accidently' kill loads of people ?

Your probably best asking rammy that Question ;)

... Actually it was me tonight :Yikes:

carlingman
14-09-2004, 23:32
how do I force a change of my IP Address ? Unplug my cable modem overnight ?

Well there is another sneaky way of changing your IP Address.

I take it you are using a network card, if so it is possible for you to alter the mac address of the network card itself and thus get yourself a new IP Address.

Make sure your cable modem is unplugged.

Then goto - Start/Settings/Network Connections and look for LAN icon and then right click it and choose properties.

Look got the Tab that says general and you should then see connect using and your then your network card make model there.

What you then need to to do is choose the option to configure and then advanced Tab.

In there you see the Network Address and if you alter the last digit and ONLY THE LAST DIGIT and click on ok.

Leave the cable modem for about 5 mins or so and and reconnect it and reboot the pc and modem and boom shaka a new IP address should be sorted.

Other ways around this are to change from ethernet to USB but personally i would not recommend this.

Or if you are that desperate change your level of service up or down for a months period although this doesnt not i believe guarantee the change of IP Address.

Hope that helps.

:D

Caspar
15-09-2004, 10:33
I assume that MOH bans by some sort of Authentication code like a Steam ID or whatever. Surely then the only way to get around this is to buy a new copy of the game.

No that not how MOHAA works. Remember MOHAA is an old game out when cavemen roamed ;)

As above the only way a server can ban an IP is by running a 3rd-party admin tool that connects to the server and monitors IPs, every couple of mins it checks the IP, or possibly on entry, and comapres to a black list... then off you go for killing too many people :(

btw, TK in games is NOT NICE :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

jtwn
15-09-2004, 16:07
Yeah also if you have a router with mac clone function just change it and you get an instant new ip.

Even with the hell steam brings us, it seems to have rock solid banning with the id system, i cant find a way round it (one server had some mod where if you faced the wall for 2 secs you would turn invulnerable then 2 seconds of movement would render you normal again, people abused it all the time; waiting for you (you can still turn the mouse) then leaping out and attacking when they are still invulnerable, or they would see you with a better weapon and leap to the wall then squeal when you killed them, i was banned for the latter on some server seemingly run by some 7 year olds, problem being there are only a few european servers) though vac scares me...there is always a chance things can go wrong and by the look of the steam faq valve arent going to even going to listen to you if you are banned.

Stu038
15-09-2004, 17:34
TK in games is NOT NICE :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

While I would agree in principle......... :angel:

with my kill rate anything that dies is a bonus :)

porpoise
16-09-2004, 18:52
I gave a grovelling apology and they un-banned me !!!

Ramrod
16-09-2004, 19:14
Your probably best asking rammy that Question ;)

Oy! Behave or I will be forced to kick your butt! :D
Anyway.....don't you mean Cas? :D

Ignition
16-09-2004, 20:15
While I would agree in principle......... :angel:

with my kill rate anything that dies is a bonus :)

I find aimbots and wallhacks are the best way to do that :angel: