PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] - Fathers4Justice Superhero Protests

Russ
05-11-2003, 10:05
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12917929,00.html

I'd buy him a pint :)

An interesting quote from the BBC....

To the people inconvenienced by Mr Chick's action, Matt O'Connor, founder of the group, said: "In the extra 20 minutes you spend in traffic think about this - one child will lose contact with their father in that time.

"At the end of today a further 100 kids will lose contact with their fathers. "

timewarrior2001
05-11-2003, 10:19
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12917929,00.html

I'd buy him a pint :)

An interesting quote from the BBC....
Fathers 4 Justice is a worthy organisation.
As far as I am concerned the courts will nearly ALWAYS favour the mother in a custody battle, when in actual fact there is NO reason for the mother to be favoured.

you also get situations like mine where th emother leaves whilst pregnant, I have just found out that I have no automatic rights to custody of my son if anything should happen to his mother.

paulyoung666
05-11-2003, 10:41
Fathers 4 Justice is a worthy organisation.
As far as I am concerned the courts will nearly ALWAYS favour the mother in a custody battle, when in actual fact there is NO reason for the mother to be favoured.

you also get situations like mine where th emother leaves whilst pregnant, I have just found out that I have no automatic rights to custody of my son if anything should happen to his mother.

but surely if you can prove you are a blood relative then you would have some say wouldnt you ???????????????

timewarrior2001
05-11-2003, 10:58
but surely if you can prove you are a blood relative then you would have some say wouldnt you ???????????????Nope
If my ex's family cant look after him, I then have the choice.
If they can I must sue for custody, and I wouldnt stand a snowflake in hells chance.

paulyoung666
05-11-2003, 12:25
Nope
If my ex's family cant look after him, I then have the choice.
If they can I must sue for custody, and I wouldnt stand a snowflake in hells chance.

that is utter ******** , not what you have said btw , the situation that you could be in :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Russ
05-11-2003, 14:47
but surely if you can prove you are a blood relative then you would have some say wouldnt you ???????????????

He'd have some say, but if the mother wanted to, she could ensure that he never sees his child. He can go back and forth to court and get as many court orders as he wants but seeing as the social services will never forcibly take the child from the mother and give him to TM2000, they're not worth the paper they're written on.

The laws must be changed, and now.

TigaSefi
05-11-2003, 15:18
Unless of course you can prove the mother to be an unfit mother then you might have a chance.

Russ
05-11-2003, 15:21
It would be more likely that the child would go to the mother's family in that situation.

In the eyes of the law we're little more than sperm-donors.

albone
05-11-2003, 18:57
apart from when they want money out of you!! lol

Chimaera
05-11-2003, 19:34
But don't forget there are 2 sides to every story - not all women are bitches when it comes to custody etc!
I could write a book on the stunts my ex has pulled over the years - but I won't bore you all with it now! :)

Russ
05-11-2003, 19:45
Chim's absolutely right, but everyone can see that the law is viciously one-sided when it comes to family matters.

hobbie
06-11-2003, 05:14
Whilst I agree that fathers-4-justice is an important group that we need to have, do you honestly believe that this idiot has done anything to give credibility to the campaign?
Russ -- I can't believe you are supporting this spud brain.

hobbie
06-11-2003, 05:20
Yes I want custody of my child.Yes--- I am the guy who dressed up as spiderman and climbed a giant crane.Yes-- I caused the streets of London to be closed down.
But I am a good dad-----honest.yeah--I'll trust him to look after a child .

paulyoung666
06-11-2003, 08:34
Yes I want custody of my child.Yes--- I am the guy who dressed up as spiderman and climbed a giant crane.Yes-- I caused the streets of London to be closed down.
But I am a good dad-----honest.yeah--I'll trust him to look after a child .

so you personally know the guy wouldnt be a good father then ???????????? , or is it just an assumption that he wouldnt be because of what he has done
:afire: :afire: :afire: :afire: :afire:

hobbie
06-11-2003, 09:47
It is ( obviously) a very vague generalisation, but one that the courts would be presented with by the council for the mother.

paulyoung666
06-11-2003, 09:52
It is ( obviously) a very vague generalisation, but one that the courts would be presented with by the council for the mother.

fair point i reckon , it just annoys me that courts nearly always see the woman as being the best person for the child :eek:

timewarrior2001
06-11-2003, 09:53
The way the situation is for me atm is..............

My son lives 250 miles away from me.
I get to see him when I can afford to go there (being constantly in and out of work makes this difficult).
My ex has recently reported me to the CSA.
When I start work I have to pay a set amount to them.
They do not take into aco**** the money I must spend getting to see him. (approx £100 if I stay one night there, that also include 3.5 hours of driving, a few hours with him, an overnight stay and 3.5 hours drive home).
I am not named on his birth certificate and I do not know If I can have that changed.
He doesnt have my surname.
He has never been to visit my town.
I wasnt able to be present at his birth as my ex left when she was 2 months pregnant.
I have no legal say in anything she does for him. (i.e MMR jabs etc)
I have no legal right to custody in the event of the death of my ex.
The courts are unlikely to give me custody even if my ex was to die (I sincerely hope it doesnt happen).
Yet I still get the stigma of being branded the "absent parent" It wasnt my ****in fault. Yet even that doesnt matter to any of the social services or the courts.

I would assume that this guy doing the demonstration on tower bridge is at the end of his tether. He stands little chance of getting custody of his kids. On the other hand his actions are not making him out to be a responsible person. Howerver his actions have been noted and it is time that the government came up with a fairer system of deciding custody. After all, after birth what can a mother give a child the father cant?

Russ
06-11-2003, 10:19
Whilst I agree that fathers-4-justice is an important group that we need to have, do you honestly believe that this idiot has done anything to give credibility to the campaign?
Russ -- I can't believe you are supporting this spud brain.

Support them? I've been a member of them for 6 months. Put it this way - how many people had heard of Fathers4Justice before the 'Spiderman' protests?

timewarrior2001
06-11-2003, 10:59
Support them? I've been a member of them for 6 months. Put it this way - how many people had heard of Fathers4Justice before the 'Spiderman' protests?

Me cos i clicked the link you had in your signature a while back. At least I think it was in your sig.

basa
06-11-2003, 11:21
Not being a woman I can only speak from what I've discussed with my missus and other mothers, but I do believe there is a special affinity between mother and child through pregnancy and giving birth. After all they do 'create' the child, we men merely provide the catalyst to begin that process.

However I do sympathise with all the fathers who are 'displaced' from their children as I know how much I love mine and would be devastated in similar circumstances. But then I have been closely involved with their upbringing for the last 11 years from feeding, changing nappies, their first words, first steps and looking out for them 24/7.

On the down side is that I feel almost paranoid regarding their safety both now and in the future as they venture out more and more !! :erm:

Russ
06-11-2003, 14:07
Not being a woman I can only speak from what I've discussed with my missus and other mothers, but I do believe there is a special affinity between mother and child through pregnancy and giving birth. After all they do 'create' the child, we men merely provide the catalyst to begin that process.

However I do sympathise with all the fathers who are 'displaced' from their children as I know how much I love mine and would be devastated in similar circumstances. But then I have been closely involved with their upbringing for the last 11 years from feeding, changing nappies, their first words, first steps and looking out for them 24/7.

On the down side is that I feel almost paranoid regarding their safety both now and in the future as they venture out more and more !! :erm:

You make a good point about the bond between mother and child but the apparent lack of an equivalent for the father is no reason for men to have any less rights than the mother in seeing the child.

basa
06-11-2003, 15:44
You make a good point about the bond between mother and child but the apparent lack of an equivalent for the father is no reason for men to have any less rights than the mother in seeing the child.

I sort of agree with you Russ...but, and this may be a very contentious issue, I am very concious that most acts of abuse against children tend to be perpetrated by men and more often than not men known to the child. Men tend to be more predatory than women !

Whilst I am in no way suggesting anyone here falls into that category, I'm sure the powers that be, when deciding custody and related matters, will have this in the back of their minds. I know I am concious of this when accompanying my daughters and friends and more so when my daughters are in the company of her friends fathers / guardians. I'm afraid we are all tarred with the same brush !!!

timewarrior2001
06-11-2003, 15:50
I sort of agree with you Russ...but, and this may be a very contentious issue, I am very concious that most acts of abuse against children tend to be perpetrated by men and more often than not men known to the child. Men tend to be more predatory than women !

Whilst I am in no way suggesting anyone here falls into that category, I'm sure the powers that be, when deciding custody and related matters, will have this in the back of their minds. I know I am concious of this when accompanying my daughters and friends and more so when my daughters are in the company of her friends fathers / guardians. I'm afraid we are all tarred with the same brush !!!

By that statement it seems likely that our courts are sliding the way of minority report. Where if you might commit a crime in th efuture it affects you now.
You simply and th elaw simply cannot assume that by allowing a child to stay with their father then they are exposing that child to abuse of any kind.

I for one had no choice in the matter, my son was born down south, I tried everyhting I could to persuade my exx not to go back home, but she had other children there and was homesick. Through NO fault of my own I cannot see my son everyday. He is 17 months old now and I have seen him maybe 4 times. Pictures and video footage just isnt enough, yet I cannot afford to get there to see him when I want. Is that not punishment enough, should I have to face the prospect of not getting to be a parent even if my ex were to die?

It just is not right but hey I am afterall the absent parent, It seems to carry the hidden tag of **** with it!

basa
06-11-2003, 16:10
I do sympathise with your stuation TW, you must be gutted. But I see no way the courts could interfere with the mothers decision to return to her parents, for security perhaps (not from abuse or violence I hasten to add, more of the financial and family stability kind), as they would consider that in the 'best interests' of the child first and foremost.

When there are no other parameters as to previous or potential behaviour regarding suitable parenting, the mother will always get the vote...that's just how it is.

Unfortunately for you and others in similar situations I have to say I feel this is the correct decision. This (and many countries) are set up more to support single mothers IMO. This is where Fathers4Justice should be lobbying for equal support for single fathers.

I know I would struggle if my wife left me and the kids for any reason (god forbid) as I have no extended family for support !!

paulyoung666
06-11-2003, 17:43

i wonder if the bit about most abusers are men could be the same as husband beaters , you tend to hear of wife beaters not the other way round , i aint having a go at you my mate just wondering that is all

Chimaera
06-11-2003, 18:43
I could be mistaken but...................
did I see in a popular red-top newspaper that 'Spiderman' allegedly has a criminal record - and I dont mean for burglary? :eek:
If it's true I certainly wouldn't let him near any child!

paulyoung666
06-11-2003, 19:09
I could be mistaken but...................
did I see in a popular red-top newspaper that 'Spiderman' allegedly has a criminal record - and I dont mean for burglary? :eek:
If it's true I certainly wouldn't let him near any child!

no doubt all the mudslinging will start
:eek:

kronas
06-11-2003, 19:51
But don't forget there are 2 sides to every story - not all women are bitches when it comes to custody etc!

that is correct although i think the man was totally stupid in his actions i do agree with him the law is one sided and does side with the mother the way he went about it was wrong and he deserves to be arrested

Chimaera
06-11-2003, 20:16
no doubt all the mudslinging will start
:eek:
Sorry - was only reporting what I saw over someone's shoulder on the Fenchurch St train this morning! :)

Can't find any mention of it from more 'respectable' sources ie the BBC news website tho.

paulyoung666
06-11-2003, 20:50
Sorry - was only reporting what I saw over someone's shoulder on the Fenchurch St train this morning! :)

Can't find any mention of it from more 'respectable' sources ie the BBC news website tho.

no need to be sorry :wavey: , all i meant was that the likes of the sun and other rags will get hold of it and mash it to bits :banghead:

Chimaera
06-11-2003, 20:57
Yeah - that's probably what it was!!

Paul K
12-09-2004, 10:35
Looks like Spiderman has yet to learn how to get his point across without inconveniencing a lot of people and costing a lot of money to be lost.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3646948.stm

Father arrested after Eye protest
A Fathers 4 Justice campaigner has been arrested after spending about 18 hours on top of the London Eye, forcing the attraction to shut down.

David Chick, 37, of Burgess Hill, West Sussex, dressed as Spiderman, voluntarily came down from the wheel about 2215 BST on Saturday.

He had scaled the structure at 0400 BST , prompting the company running London Eye to launch a security review.

Scotland Yard said Mr Chick was taken to hospital for a medical check-up.

He is due to be questioned once discharged from hospital.

Three police climbers had spent the day trying to persuade Mr Chick down, while the Eye remained shut .

It's someone who has not seen their daughter for about a year
Fathers 4 Justice spokesman

It is still unclear of how he managed to climb up. It has been reported that he pretended to be a maintenance worker as he evaded security staff.

The London Eye spokesman said: "This has been a breach of our security which we take very, very seriously.

"We are unsure of how he got onto the wheel but maintenance does take place every night and we are looking into the claims that the man said he was one the workers to gain access."

She said 5,000 tickets had been sold for Saturday but that the attraction could pull in up to 18,000 people if the weather is good.

"We will be offering refunds and re-bookings if they are unable to use their tickets. We do apologise to everyone affected by this," she added.

Fathers 4 Justice was set up by fathers who have either no access, or very limited access to their children, and claim they have been treated unfairly by courts.

A spokesman for Fathers 4 Justice said: "It's not an official protest but it's part of the ongoing campaign, it is somebody who is affiliated with the organisation.

"It's someone who has not seen their daughter for about a year."

It is believed Mr Chick has not seen his four-year-old daughter for 12 months after his former partner refused him access.

He has staged several crane-top protests since August 2002 in order to draw attention to his situation.
I can see the guys point of view in the fact that he wants access to his child but surely there are other ways to approach the problem that won't cost the British Taxpayers a lot of money and also cost a private company a substantial amount of lost income. Stunts like this can actually have a negative impact as they can cause resentment amongst portions of the population.

Russ
12-09-2004, 10:39
Usually I'm against action like this which causes disruption for uninvolved people but man....he's not seen her in almost 18 months? And the court will do nothing? Such things will drive anyone to desperate mesaures. I'd still like to shake his hand.

Chimaera
12-09-2004, 10:54
But why won't the courts do anything if he has a court order granting him acccess to his daughter? I don't understand - I know from personal experience that if a court order is broken it is not taken lightly, surely if his ex was in breach of the order he would have a legal way of taking his case forward? :shrug:

Russ
12-09-2004, 10:57
Because the courts are there to look at the child's best interests, all the mother has to do is spout some drivel about suffering from 'depression' whenever the child is with him and suddenly he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Paul K
12-09-2004, 11:08
Because the courts are there to look at the child's best interests, all the mother has to do is spout some drivel about suffering from 'depression' whenever the child is with him and suddenly he doesn't have a leg to stand on.
In which case the court order would be cancelled but if he still has this court order then he should take legal and proper steps to get it enforced.
Too many families get torn apart because the two parties involved in the conception cannot find it within themselves to allow the child to grow up with both its' parents involved in its' life.
I'm not saying this man has no right to see his child but what I am saying is that he has no right to impact other peoples lives in the way that he has in the past. What's to say that there wasn't another father in the queue for the Eye that was spending his weekend with his child and that his visitation was ruined by the act of someone who looks to have legal grounds to have the mother dragged back to court and made to allow the visits.
Climbing the London Eye is not a good way to show the courts that you are capable of taking care of a child, it only shows the courts that you have no faith in their judgements and that you are more than happy to take the law into your own hands when things are not going your way.
If the guy in question has a court visitation order then he has the right to visit the child, if he is being refused reasonable access then the mother should be arrested and cautioned for breaching a court order in the same way that the father would be if he breached it.

Russ
12-09-2004, 11:12
If the guy in question has a court visitation order then he has the right to visit the child, if he is being refused reasonable access then the mother should be arrested and cautioned for breaching a court order in the same way that the father would be if he breached it.

As I said, I'm normally against such 'stunts' which encroaches on other's freedom. But your last point sums it up - the courts simply will not take action again these mothers. Desperate fathers have tried everything they can do to no avail. The courts simply will not listen.

The prospect of short prison sentences of about 3 days for each occasion a mother breaches such a court order which have recently been suggested are a step in the right direction. But until they are introduced, mothers will alaways have the upper hand.

Paul K
13-09-2004, 15:45
As I said, I'm normally against such 'stunts' which encroaches on other's freedom. But your last point sums it up - the courts simply will not take action again these mothers. Desperate fathers have tried everything they can do to no avail. The courts simply will not listen.

The prospect of short prison sentences of about 3 days for each occasion a mother breaches such a court order which have recently been suggested are a step in the right direction. But until they are introduced, mothers will alaways have the upper hand.

Now this is the way to get publicity lol
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3652502.stm
at least it didn't impact anyones enjoyment too much and it's actually highlighted a gap in security ;)

Marge
13-09-2004, 15:57
One of the fathers 4 justice fellas has managed to get himself on the balcony at Buckingham Palace dressed as Batman :erm:

Showing now live on all the news channels, just wondering what happened to all the security :shrug:

The chap in question looks right pleased with himself, keeps waving his arms as though he's just scored in the Cup Final :D :D He won't be coming down for yonks :rofl:

gary_580
13-09-2004, 15:59
I bet its Charles!!

poolking
13-09-2004, 16:08
I bet its Charles!!
Nah it most probably be his dad, her maj must have forgotten to lock the closet they wheel him out of for special occasions. :)

Marge
13-09-2004, 16:12
Sounds like Robin didn't quite get there, he was told he'd be shot as he was making his way over but seems he's managed to escape :eek:

Looks like a Keystone Cops film going on

malcpro
13-09-2004, 16:12
Just a man/father wanting some rights, good luck to him

SOSAGES
13-09-2004, 16:13
while the fathers 4 justice fellas have a good point im not sure they go about it the right way - im sure mr Laden started off like that :)

malcpro
13-09-2004, 16:14
while the fathers 4 justice fellas have a good point im not sure they go about it the right way - im sure mr Laden started off like that :)
What about Emily?

malcpro
13-09-2004, 16:15
Just a man/father wanting some rights, good luck to him

SOSAGES
13-09-2004, 16:23
go on then - whos Emily?

Chris
13-09-2004, 16:41
BBC News Online report. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3652502.stm)

I bet it's Russ, he's one of their members. :D Can anyone check BBC24 and see if Batman has a laptop up there with him?

Marge
13-09-2004, 16:44
BBC News Online report. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3652502.stm)

I bet it's Russ, he's one of their members. :D Can anyone check BBC24 and see if Batman has a laptop up there with him?

I did think of Russ, wait to see if theres any sign of a python ;)

malcpro
13-09-2004, 16:46
go on then - whos Emily?
Emily Pankhurst, who else

Bifta
13-09-2004, 16:52

That'd be Emmilene then ....

malcpro
13-09-2004, 16:54
That'd be Emmilene then ....
Yes, her too, and indeed Em to her friends, maybe

Chris
13-09-2004, 16:58

A very good comparison that. The suffragettes had to campaign for a very long time for something which today all women can take for granted.

Disqualifying women from voting purely because they are women was absolutely absurd, and likewise some of the judgments handed down by the Family Courts are absurd in the extreme.

The courts are compelled to assume that the child is better off with its mother unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and seems to lack the power or the will to enforce those rights it does grant fathers to see their children. These protesters are angry because they are discriminated against purely and simply for being men. More power to them, I say.

Russ
13-09-2004, 17:21
These protesters are angry because they are discriminated against purely and simply for being men. More power to them, I say.

:clap:

If they're found to be bad fathers then by all means take appropriate action against them. However if all their crime is is for them to seperated from the mothers then nothing short of 50/50 rights will do.

malcpro
13-09-2004, 17:21
A very good comparison that. The suffragettes had to campaign for a very long time for something which today all women can take for granted.

Disqualifying women from voting purely because they are women was absolutely absurd, and likewise some of the judgments handed down by the Family Courts are absurd in the extreme.

The courts are compelled to assume that the child is better off with its mother unless there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary, and seems to lack the power or the will to enforce those rights it does grant fathers to see their children. These protesters are angry because they are discriminated against purely and simply for being men. More power to them, I say.
Couldn't have put it better

smegs
13-09-2004, 19:11
http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/article.aspx?as=article&f=uk_-_olgbtopnews&t=11881&id=173092&d=20040913&do=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk&i=http://newsbox.msn.co.uk/mediaexportlive&ks=0&mc=5&lc=en&ae=windows-1252

Darly Westell, a spokesman for the protest group, told Reuters: "We created a diversion at the front gates of the palace to allow Batman and Robin to walk up to the side with long ladders and climb over the fence.

"Police threatened to shoot Robin unless he got down from the fence -- which we think is unacceptable because this is a peaceful, non-violent protest. But Batman was able to continue. :D

Tricky
13-09-2004, 19:25
Good work fella - Shame that it'll get him put away for a couple of days, months!?
I'd back him anyday

Tricky
13-09-2004, 19:28
BBC breaking news says he's been removed by police from the palace

smegs
13-09-2004, 19:29
Good work fella - Shame that it'll get him put away for a couple of days, months!?
I'd back him anyday I think good for him fathers should have more rights when it comes to their children.

Maggy
13-09-2004, 19:38
Do any of you think that these protests WILL lead to a better system?

I personally it needs more people like Sir Bob Geldoff standing up and shouting very loudly which he was doing earlier in the year.He has spoken a lot of common sense about the custody of children being 50/50.The more high celebrity and political fathers who have gone through the process speak up and highlight the issues the better.I'm worried that the actions by Father4Justice may backfire on the individuals concerned.

Incog.

Tricky
13-09-2004, 20:27
Do any of you think that these protests WILL lead to a better system?

No - But at least it's advertised their position

I personally it needs more people like Sir Bob Geldoff standing up and shouting very loudly which he was doing earlier in the year.He has spoken a lot of common sense about the custody of children being 50/50.The more high celebrity and political fathers who have gone through the process speak up and highlight the issues the better.I'm worried that the actions by Father4Justice may backfire on the individuals concerned.

Hear, Hear - But it takes the average Joe from the street for it to really hit home. What it really needs is a judge/court official to make a stance for BOTH parents.

Incog.

Maggy
13-09-2004, 20:56
No - But at least it's advertised their position.

But unless it changes anything for the better how can it help?

What it really needs is a judge/court official to make a stance for BOTH parents.

Agreed!But in the meantime it needs to be discussed sensibly by those who make the laws and implement such changes.With actions like these they will just ignore the Joe Bloggs participating in such stunts because their behaviour can be put down to eccentric,loutish and criminal behaviour.I feel that it may well delay sensible discussions that will bring about such changes.I do not want it to be brushed under the carpet but I fear there is a danger of that happening.

Women eventually got the vote not because of the Suffergette movements demonstrations but because of their combined behaviour during WW1 of coming forward and taking men's places who had gone to fight in the trenches.By behaving responsibly they earned the right to vote.

Russ
13-09-2004, 20:59
But unless it changes anything for the better how can it help?

I understand the Poll Tax riots helped show the government where they were going wrong at the time. A different scale of course, but you get the idea.

Paul K
13-09-2004, 21:02
I understand the Poll Tax riots helped show the government where they were going wrong at the time. A different scale of course, but you get the idea.
Now now Russ, I do hope you are not thinking of inciting a riot in the name of Fathers for Justice :erm: I mean, where would they find a costume hire shop with enough super hero suits to go around ;)

Maggy
13-09-2004, 21:03

Well mass riots will do that. ;) But lone demonstrations?

Now if you had a mass riot of Batmen and Spidermen?However getting a police record doesn't seem like the best way to get contact with your child.

I'm not against the cause Russ I'm just questioning the methods.

Russ
13-09-2004, 21:15
Well mass riots will do that. ;) But lone demonstrations?

Now if you had a mass riot of Batmen and Spidermen?However getting a police record doesn't seem like the best way to get contact with your child.

....which is why I said....

A different scale of course, but you get the idea.

:)

Stuart
14-09-2004, 21:42
I have to admit, that while I agree that barring other problems, fathers and mothers should have equal rights, I don't agree that the course of disruptions created by fathers4justice is not the right way to go about it.

Russ
14-09-2004, 21:50
Who did he disrupt this time?

Stuart
14-09-2004, 22:01
In terms of Buckingham Palace, I don't think there was a lot of disruption.

In terms of the other protests, well, they have been known to cause massive traffic jams. They also diverted police, and other emergency services. This could possibly have had more severe consequences than a mere traffic jam.

So, I will restate that I do agree with what fathers4justice are fighting for, but I do not agree with their methods of fighting for it.

Paul K
14-09-2004, 22:04
The security guards nap? Maybe the window cleaners were due in that afternoon and couldn't get to their ladder?
The disruption caused by the "Balcony Scene" wasn't anything major when compared to the london eye thankfully.
Did anyone see the article in the Daily Mail about Batman? Seems he was convicted of harassing his ex-wife and charges of making death threats towards his ex-wife and her mother were ordered to lie on file.
He currently has supervised access to his children once every 3 weeks which isn't much but considering what he has on his files then I think he might be better off trying to get on with his ex a bit better instead of getting into trouble with the police again :erm:

SOSAGES
15-09-2004, 13:02
1. do u have to be a father to join?
2. do i have to dress up as a super hero if so is there a handy list i can browse or can i choose my own?

Russ
15-09-2004, 13:04
1 No
2 'Sup to you :D

Paul K
15-09-2004, 13:26
1. do u have to be a father to join?
2. do i have to dress up as a super hero if so is there a handy list i can browse or can i choose my own?
2. Why? Do you have something special in the wardrobe you want to try on?? ;)

orangebird
15-09-2004, 13:39
I can't believe after all the protests F4J have held, that they've got no nearer to getting their fair and legal rights to their children.... What will it take??????? Mothers that use children as pawns in nasty seperation games should have their children taken away from them :afire:

Russ
15-09-2004, 13:42
That did actually happen once - the judge award custody to the father when the mother refused to play ball :clap:

SOSAGES
15-09-2004, 13:51
well i always fancied dressing up as wolverine but never really had a chance

orangebird
15-09-2004, 13:56
well i always fancied dressing up as wolverine but never really had a chance

Hugh Jackman.....:drool:

Ramrod
15-09-2004, 14:23
well i always fancied dressing up as wolverine but never really had a chanceI just want his attributes :tu: :D

btw........Here (http://www.deadbrain.co.uk/news/article_2004_09_13_2503.php) is Deadbrains take on the events :D

zovat
15-09-2004, 16:22
Once again, we find that men have to go to extreme (and in some eyes stupid) lengths to bring equality.

We have a society that is so politically correct, that is trying so hard to give equality to women, that we have forgotten about equality for men....

It is true to say that the majority of single parents are female, and also the majority of victims of domestic abuse, however not ALL are female.

We spend so much effort on ensuring women get their rights that we trample over the rights of the male.

I am not saying that this happens in all cases, but the mere hint of favouring the male in a court case would bring load screams of "sexism", however favouring a female is seen as "equality".

Sexism works both ways, call it "positive discrimination" or whatever todays buzzwords are, but it is still sexism, in the same way that you do not have to be "non-white" to be racially discriminated against, you do not have to be female to be sexually discriminated against.

I have seen both sides of this argument, my sister has custody of her children, and her ex-partner has limited access (that's all he wanted :Yikes: ), he should pay maintainance, but does not, so the CSA are chasing him (2 years so far and not a penny - nice new car he has though :grind: ).
A mate is a single parent, and he had to fight to get the army and the courts to recognise this, and give his fiancee the right to look after his children, and give them the support they needed when he was called up to the gulf.
They said "the mother can look after them", even though the court had already declared the mother as an unfit parent, and a violent alcoholic :afire: . Had this been the other way around, I'm positive they would have allowed the new boyfriend to care for the children without any questions.

Once again - the methods bring the subject into the public eye - after all - would we be discussing this issue without the catalyst of the protests?

Whilst you may applaud, disdain or even be ambivalent towards their actions, the fact is that the issue is in the public eye as a result, and it is an issue that needs to be resolved.

Equality is just that - there can be no "I am more equal than you".......

Paul K
19-06-2005, 11:10
Well now we have spiderman climbing up a church
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/4108086.stm)
A Fathers 4 Justice campaigner is staging a demonstration on the top of a Wolverhampton church.
Father-of-three Ray Barry climbed to the top of St Peter's Church dressed as Spiderman on Sunday morning.
The 55-year-old from Wolverhampton said he was urging church leaders to support his campaign.
The protest coincides with the city's annual civic Sunday at the church due to be attended by the Mayor of Wolverhampton and city councillors.
Mr Barry was part of a similar protest last year when 11 men, dressed as monks, nuns and cardinals, walked into the general synod of the church of England at York Minster and confronted the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams.
"One in four UK children now has no relationship with their own father," he said.
The protest is supported by a number of fathers' rights activists, who are outside the church with banners and leaflets.

sir_drinks_alot
27-09-2005, 16:34
Here we go Again :rolleyes: Fathers' group scales Parliament (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4287360.stm) :td: :mad:

Ramrod
27-09-2005, 17:10
Fathers' group scales Parliament (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4287360.stm) "We've been struggling with various government bodies for nine months, trying to negotiate things, but as they are not taking it seriously again, we felt we had to return to this.

"This is my birthday present for my daughter, to tell her how much I love her and miss her."
Breaks my heart thinking about the injustice some of these men have to live with....

avesta
11-12-2005, 19:34
hiya i am not a father i am a recently divorced mother whose father of my children does not want any contact with them altho i have tried to encourage him to do so. i am totally with you men out there my new bf has had terrible trouble with his x she wont let him take his son out and only lets him see him if she is there she has asked my bf many times to get back with her and is using her son as a ploy to get him back. it annoys me that to gain access and to spend good quality time with his son he will have to go to court and spend unimited amounts of money to do so.
i back all you fathers 100% and wish you all well with getting your children and being given the chance to have equal quality time with them, and being allowed to take them out for the day ........it should be a right!!!!
you would be suprised how many ppl support the superman stunt i cheered like hell at ya. And i must say that b4 that was on tv i had never heard of the fathers for justice cause.
good luck all of you dads
avesta

marky
11-12-2005, 19:41
My friend recently split up from his wife, and sadly the kids are being used as a weapon against him,
I find it very sad when people stoop so low:(

I dont think this is about the rights of the father but more about the rights of the child, NOT to be used in such a way. :mad: