PDA

View Full Version : Can I get Broadband?

l33t_p3t3
13-09-2004, 13:50
Just wondering if someone could help me with a few questions about NTL broadband.

I'll be moving to my new student property in Nottingham (NG5) next week & im looking to get NTL broadband.

I checked the postcode thing to see if I was able to get broadband.
only a few houses in the street came up, mine didnt.
entered house number & it said i cant get broadband, but looks like next door can.
Another thing, I know that the house has some form of NTL connection already for the tv (may be analogue though), as there is a welcome pack from a previous tenant in a drawer.

If i can get broadband, would an engineer be able to fit a socket in my room, which is at the back of the house on the 2nd floor? It wouldnt be much good to me if they installed it all, but i had to have my PC in the lounge, cos thats where the existing socket is.

Also if it turns out my house can get broadband, would it be possible for 1 or 2 of my housemates to also get their own connections. I know it may be cheaper to share, but it would have to be wireless considering size of the property, which i know can be expensive.

If not, i may have to start thinking about getting a BT line installed :(

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance

Ramrod
13-09-2004, 13:53
Welcome to the forum m8.......I'm sure that others more knowledgeable than me will be along to help soonish :)

orangebird
13-09-2004, 13:56
Just wondering if someone could help me with a few questions about NTL broadband.

I'll be moving to my new student property in Nottingham (NG5) next week & im looking to get NTL broadband.

I checked the postcode thing to see if I was able to get broadband.
only a few houses in the street came up, mine didnt.
entered house number & it said i cant get broadband, but looks like next door can.
Another thing, I know that the house has some form of NTL connection already for the tv (may be analogue though), as there is a welcome pack from a previous tenant in a drawer.

If you pm me your full postcode, I'll confirm this for you.

If i can get broadband, would an engineer be able to fit a socket in my room, which is at the back of the house on the 2nd floor? It wouldnt be much good to me if they installed it all, but i had to have my PC in the lounge, cos thats where the existing socket is.

You should be able to have it installed in a room you want!

Also if it turns out my house can get broadband, would it be possible for 1 or 2 of my housemates to also get their own connections. I know it may be cheaper to share, but it would have to be wireless considering size of the property, which i know can be expensive.

If not, i may have to start thinking about getting a BT line installed :(

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance

Your house mates should be able to open their own accounts with ntl too :)

l33t_p3t3
13-09-2004, 13:58
Thanks mate.
I've been browsing the forums for about a year (well NTLhell world previously)
Thought I had already registered, obviously not, i've not needed to post anything before.
My NTL connection I had in Leeds last year was perfect. :)

orangebird
13-09-2004, 14:32
Thanks mate.
I've been browsing the forums for about a year (well NTLhell world previously)
Thought I had already registered, obviously not, i've not needed to post anything before.
My NTL connection I had in Leeds last year was perfect. :)

Although your house number is not listed on the lookup, you should still be able to get installed - have you checked with your landlord that it's OK?

l33t_p3t3
13-09-2004, 14:37
Must admit I havent yet, but if anything a Broadband connection can only b a plus point for future tenants.
Obviously will check before trying to order & get installed though.

Thanks for your help.
:)