PDA

View Full Version : Manchester(M41) problems?

dev
12-09-2004, 13:02
Since friday the middle light on the stb has been going out a lot, it only really seems to happen during the day but may go out once or twice at night. At times it can go on/off every 5minutes for a few hours at a time or like last night stay off for an hour or so. From what i can see, the power levels are fine and the middle light is going out on both our stb's.

Is anyone else having any problems in the manchester/m41 area? Is it possible for an ntl employee on here to check it out as well? :)

Paul
12-09-2004, 13:42
I suspect our passing ntl employees may not work Sundays, so you may have to wait until tomorrow.

Florence
12-09-2004, 15:10
Since friday the middle light on the stb has been going out a lot, it only really seems to happen during the day but may go out once or twice at night. At times it can go on/off every 5minutes for a few hours at a time or like last night stay off for an hour or so. From what i can see, the power levels are fine and the middle light is going out on both our stb's.

Is anyone else having any problems in the manchester/m41 area? Is it possible for an ntl employee on here to check it out as well? :)
Send a PM to BBking giving him your mac address for the STB and smart card number he has a great tool he can access that will monitor your STB and give him feedback to whats happening.

BBKing
12-09-2004, 15:20
UBR 2 in Stretford has a fit of the vapours at the moment, and that serves M41 (and bits of M32 I think), which means about 1800 people affected, not all broadband though. People actually in work (rather than looking after babies like me) are aware.

dev
12-09-2004, 15:42
yep i'm on ubr2 in stretford, do you know whats causing it and when is it likely to be fixed?

BBKing
12-09-2004, 16:03
Not sure - all I know is that the relevant people are aware of it - seems to be rebooting a lot, but that's as far as it goes.

Florence
12-09-2004, 16:37
Just what can NTL do about these sudden drops just lost the internet from 16.15 to 16.33 the weird thing according to the modem the only lights out was USB and U/S all other slights on. rebooted the modem and router with still no internet rebooted a second time before the internet came back.

BBKing
12-09-2004, 20:20
UBR02 should be back to normal in the near future - problem identified (most people will be fine anyway by now).

dev
13-09-2004, 20:45
whens the near future? :)

it is still going off but a lot less than it was sunday which i suppose is better